Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FSQfZre.png

t8aainw.png

I even backed you up to a degree about Adebayor, so I don't exactly see how I was ignoring anything.

Do those numbers refer to something mythical? No, but they do refer to certain playing roles in football that are fairly accepted throughout the entire football world. Hardly pretentious. You can choose to disregard commonly accepted parlance if you like, but when you state your preference for a central midfielder like Dembele playing in a more attacking midfield role then for nine out of ten people that means you want him playing as a "Number 10", and you look like a twat for throwing a hissy-fit, mincing your words about it, and calling everyone else pretentious.

Dembele's entire career is a reference to the fact that he's a better central midfielder than he is an attacking player. Actually, he started his career as a striker, but didn't light the world on fire. He's said it himself that attacking and shooting doesn't come naturally to him, that he grew up learning possession and dribbling, but that he has to work on his shooting because he wants to score more goals, but that it goes against his instincts:

ThAts all lovely. You pulled Dembele out of your ass for the sole purpose of avoiding the awkward fact that you were mocking me for putting Ade behind the other striker as a creative forward.

And I backed up my reasonings stating Ade had created 11 prem assists In a single season.

Whatever you or I say about Dembele being a good attacking player or not is all pure speculation as he's been a DM/holding player for virtually his entire Spurs prem career under 2 dumbass managers.

It's also nice to see Kane scoring yet again for the under 21's to add more credibility that Kane should play with Ade.

The same Ade who just bettered Townsends total assist and goal total in one game this season. But he can't be relied upon to create right?

Seconds ago, Ben Davies also just put it on a sixpence for Bale to head home. It would be great if that quality crossing had Kane and Ade to aim for.

We need steel up front. Ade and Kane gives us that. Along with Eriksen and Lamela we can be dangerous all over the final third.

soccer_jersey_number_position.jpg
4-2-3-1. That's what Poch plays. Ade 9, Eriksen 11, Lamela 7, Dembele 10. Sorry about the pretentious terminology.

That is not my shape.

I pack the midfield. Trust you to have Eriksen and Lamella hugging the wings!!!

WINGS? Gags. You know who I am right? Fucking hell. Is there anyone more vocal about packing the midfield than me????

When you post smug, and get shit so spectacularly wrong like this, I kinda feel sorry for you.

Wingydingz? Ring a bell? Anything? No? How about that anti wingplay thread I started?

:dempsey:

That is not my shape.

WINGS? Gags. You know who I am right? Fucking hell. Is there anyone more vocal about packing the midfield than me????

When you post smug, and get shit so spectacularly wrong like this, I kinda feel sorry for you.

Wingydingz? Ring a bell? Anything? No? How about that anti wingplay thread I started?

But seriously, without any wing play there is no space for Eriksen or Lamela to do anything because they'll have several players within touching distance every time they get the ball. I know you don't like wingers but wide play is important for creating space, if it wasn't it would have been dropped by now, so what's your solution to this?

That is not my shape.

That's a 4-2-3-1 shape, the shape Poch plays. You asked for a link saying where you had Dembele as a no 10, and I provided one - with a picture to help with your limited (some would say non-existent) knowledge of modern football. Deny your own hypocrisy, it's there for all to see. Spectacularly wrong? How do these differ you moron?

image.png

Yeah, but with what shape and with who where?

Thats the best bit, unlike last season we know the fucking shape, we know the front 4 so why bother....!!!

Its not anyones fault on here though trying to pad this forum out for the last week or so, having spurs lose then window close then this international break is just unbearable

[QUOTE="Joe Clash, post: 625291,Spectacularly wrong? How do these differ you moron?

image.png
[/QUOTE]

In my shape diagram, can you see the -- next to eriksen and Lamela? That means what?

It means they are cut in. OBVIOUSLY!

Aside from that, what about you ignoring my daily mantra!? I am me anti wingplay. How many times have I said to you I want Lamela and eriksen closer to the goal in the final third? Where does all of this information go?

You called me something similar to a dunce a few weeks back when you were incredulous that I rated Lamella. So keep up the name calling.

In my shape diagram, can you see the -- next to eriksen and Lamela? That means what?

It means they are cut in. OBVIOUSLY

Does it fuck! I see the same -- line next to Capoue and Sandro, are they meant to play on each others shoulders? You got Lloris right, I agree most of the time he should stay in his area - good spot.

Maybe THFC should avoid the wings altogether, just leave 2 huge channels for the opposition to rampage through unopposed anytime they feel like it, with only our full/wing backs to stop them? Because with the entire team "cut in", that's what will happen. Then you will blame the full backs and wing play, and the whole sorry saga continues. We have to compete in every area of the pitch, even if they are areas that you have deemed out of bounds. It's all a bit loony to be honest.

P.S. My comments about Lamela were meant to draw you out of your cave, and they failed at the time. In the thread you quoted I said I hoped he would come good, but at the time there was little evidence for this. Your backing of him was positive, but IMO unusual for you.

Last edited:
just leave 2 huge channels for the opposition to rampage through unopposed anytime they feel like it, with only our full/wing backs to stop them? Because with the entire team "cut in", that's what will happen. Then you will blame the full backs and wing play, and the whole sorry saga continues. We have to compete in every area of the pitch, even if they are areas that you have deemed out of bounds. It's all a bit loony to be honest.

That's already happening genius. You putting Lamela and eriksen tight on the wings in your (wrong) interpretation of my diagram does not stop shit. Esp if you have Rose and Naughton derping behind them in wingydingz land.

At least I go with a solid back 4 and two dm's to track danger.

And most important of all, I put Eriksen and Lamella in the final third more central. Not isolated out of the wing like your ignorant image.

If they attack our wings, at least our DMs and center banks won't be out of position filling Roses hole for him while he's doing another glory run.

And at least we will have a left or right bank in place to contest it.

Having our wide players/wingers on the wings quoting their defensive merits pretty much sums you up.

That's already happening genius. You putting Lamela and eriksen tight on the wings in your (wrong) interpretation of my diagram does not stop shit. Esp if you have Rose and Naughton derping behind them in wingydingz land.

And most important of all, I put Eriksen and Lamella in the final third more central. Not isolated out of the wing like your ignorant image.

If they attack our wings, at least our DMs and center banks won't be out of position filling Roses hole for him while he's doing another glory run.

Having our wide players/wingers on the wings quoting their defensive merits pretty much sums you up.
I didn't have them tight on the wings - it was a picture you fucking idiot. Identical to yours apart from the ---- Lol. You said you had never had Dembele as a no 10, I proved you wrong, you did. If that sums me up that's ok. Why not just say you want Poch to play 4-4-2 with Kane and Ade up front? It's got to be easier than lying about what you've already said. Your ignorance is being pulled out like a tapeworm.

You going on about the the little gaps to the touchline for the 11 and 7 in the picture, and trying to pretend that is exactly where I would want them to play, is the most childish and desperate thing I've ever heard from an adult in my life. New ground.

Joe Clash Joe Clash

joey give up mate, or you might just so sick of it that you leave the forum..
don't want you going the way of cahspur cahspur , your a valuable member of the forum mate and I wouldn't want it to come to that..
how else am I going to get my insider knowledge on the stadium build?

Back
Top Bottom