Paul Mitchell: Southampton talent chief to join Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

orange_beach_fishing_charters_by_orangebeachfish-d8pj7ja.png

Seems to get found out at every club he goes to hence the short employment period.

He seems to have made some decent signings wherever he's been, but obviously, some less than stellar ones too.

It was very strange what happened at Spurs, and now quite strange the move he's made from the RB Group to Monaco. All interesting projects (inc Southampton and Spurs at the time) with heavy focus on investing in potential but the last two moves were quite odd. I would love to know what really happened at Spurs, for him to have to spend 18 months effectively working off his contract and/or on gardening leave, I mean, having worked at Southampton, it seems odd that he would think Spurs were going to be like PSG or something, he knew our/Levy's MO.

And now he's leaving a very progressive set up, and could have been in line for an even more powerful position with Rangnick seemingly on his way out, for what seems like a kind of sideways step into a less affluent league, all be it for quite a wealthy club in that league.

All decent, interesting projects in their way, but odd that he's left two of them in slightly strange circumstances to take kind of sideways steps.

He seems to have made some decent signings wherever he's been, but obviously, some less than stellar ones too.

It was very strange what happened at Spurs, and now quite strange the move he's made from the RB Group to Monaco. All interesting projects (inc Southampton and Spurs at the time) with heavy focus on investing in potential but the last two moves were quite odd. I would love to know what really happened at Spurs, for him to have to spend 18 months effectively working off his contract and/or on gardening leave, I mean, having worked at Southampton, it seems odd that he would think Spurs were going to be like PSG or something, he knew our/Levy's MO.

And now he's leaving a very progressive set up, and could have been in line for an even more powerful position with Rangnick seemingly on his way out, for what seems like a kind of sideways step into a less affluent league, all be it for quite a wealthy club in that league.

All decent, interesting projects in their way, but odd that he's left two of them in slightly strange circumstances to take kind of sideways steps.

It could be something as simple as he finds it easy to fall out with people.

Interesting tidbit I heard on the Marcotti (ESPN) Thursday podcast, apparently Mitchell fell out with Pochettino, and that's why he left.

I always thought this might be the case, and not the perceived wisdom that it was Levy and his negotiating. I mean it's not like he'c come from a club with a more free spending chairman, or went to one after is it. He knew our MO, and wasn't expecting us to be buying Neymar, that's why we employed him presumably. I'm guessing Poch got pissed off with Mitchell showing black box vids of Njie's and Nkoudou's and wanted us to be "Like Libbairpoool"...

Interesting tidbit I heard on the Marcotti (ESPN) Thursday podcast, apparently Mitchell fell out with Pochettino, and that's why he left.

I always thought this might be the case, and not the perceived wisdom that it was Levy and his negotiating. I mean it's not like he'c come from a club with a more free spending chairman, or went to one after is it. He knew our MO, and wasn't expecting us to be buying Neymar, that's why we employed him presumably. I'm guessing Poch got pissed off with Mitchell showing black box vids of Njie's and Nkoudou's and wanted us to be "Like Libbairpoool"...

Heard similar re Poch/Mitchell (just after Mitchell left), with Poch wanting more control over transfers (which sadly he got) not being how Mitchell saw things

Back
Top Bottom