Paul Mitchell: Southampton talent chief to join Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"We are delighted to announce that Paul Mitchell has joined the Club as Head of Recruitment and Analysis....

....Following the appointment of Karl Robinson as manager in 2010, Paul was assigned to his back room staff as Head of Recruitment, recognising his aptitude for identifying player talent.

He joined Southampton in January, 2012 to manage their Scouting and Recruitment department."

:pochserious2:

You've obviously not read the actual sub-title of the article mate..

Well, I hope this guy does the business, but this has, obviously, more than a whiff of trying to replicate Southampton. I'll be interesting to see what impact he has, if any, on the January window.

?

It says

"We are delighted to announce that Paul Mitchell has joined the Club as Head of Recruitment and Analysis."

So his role has changed slightly...? From scouting to analysis, while retaining recruitment. Not sure what the point is you're trying to make?

The change could be huge or it could be nothing. Either way it annoys me that not only do we buy players and play them out of position, we even do the same with our back room staff.

Been back for a while now apparently.
Yeah, my point is just that we've not heard a lot about him since. It would explain Mitchell's title, and I think he's going to be working as an intermediary between Broomfield (Head of Scouting) and Baldini, i.e. Broomfield scouts talent, Mitchell conducts analysis and recruits youth talent, and then "flags" major signings that are decided upon by committee and then the deal is orchestrated by Baldini, with Levy signing on the dotted line.

So his role has changed slightly...? From scouting to analysis, while retaining recruitment. Not sure what the point is you're trying to make?

The change could be huge or it could be nothing. Either way it annoys me that not only do we buy players and play them out of position, we even do the same with our back room staff.

He was head of recruitment at MK Dons too, so not sure how its a role he's not used to.

Broomfield will be some sort of head of scounting probably, but I'm not sure the 'analysis' bit makes much difference anyway to what he has done before.

Like watching three kids build a sand castle, slowly crafting it to perfection before another comes over and kicks it down :levyeyes:
More like they've been building the sandcastle below the high tide mark for half the day...

Or more like one kid didn't tell the others that they were actually building not with sand but a cheaper alternative. Only discovering this fact as the somewhat caustic bargain substance blew too easily in the wind and lodged in their eyelids and netherparts. And as the burning sensation subsided the other two pondered why he bothered being thrifty in the first place, as he was paying them both more pocket money than they'd seen in their short lifetimes to build the thing.
But wisely, they pondered in silence as the third boy simply smiled and returned to the shop for more sand.

More like they've been building the sandcastle below the high tide mark for half the day...

Or more like one kid didn't tell the others that they were actually building not with sand but a cheaper alternative. Only discovering this fact as the somewhat caustic bargain substance blew too easily in the wind and lodged in their eyelids and netherparts. And as the burning sensation subsided the other two pondered why he bothered being thrifty in the first place, as he was paying them both more pocket money than they'd seen in their short lifetimes to build the thing.
But wisely, they pondered in silence as the third boy simply smiled and returned to the shop for more sand.

Some other kid had his sand castle near which meant that we couldn't expand our sand castle so Levy burnt the kids sand castle down.

Man! that Daniel Levy is sooooooooo smart.. Another example of how to calm everybody down, renew/re-establish fan's hopes. No wonder they are called "FAN"attics.

While I wish this guy all the success and hope he does establish solid foundation for recruitments and development, the real problem at the top is still there, and just like with Redknapp, success will be short lived once Levy (for whatever reason) hits the rest button…

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom