Paul Mitchell: Southampton talent chief to join Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly my point, cutting through the sarcasm.

I guess the point of it all is that scouts out in the field are predominantly film-makers rather than football experts, and that the backroom staff parses through all of that to create tailored video packages player by player with relevant stats, etc.

I guess it's like Youtube highlight reels without being solely composed of a player's best moments. I wonder if the backroom staff is also obligated to dub over the highlights with shitty dubstep music?
I imagine they could do some funky stats overlays as well, for the FIFA15 look...

It sounds just like a very effective theatre for rapidly displaying video and data together for small groups of people.

Hard to really say what it does. I know that the software was created in-house specifically. An article said it can show you "Any player, in any game, at any time". Also read that it's mostly used for post-match briefing, telling the players in one-one meetings where they went wrong and how they can improve.

Honestly, it seems like a cinema and that's about it, but there must be more to it than that. You don't work in a million pound industry and get a hard on over a big tv.

Edit: I guess it depends what's on tv...

Hard to really say what it does. I know that the software was created in-house specifically. An article said it can show you "Any player, in any game, at any time". Also read that it's mostly used for post-match briefing, telling the players in one-one meetings where they went wrong and how they can improve.

Honestly, it seems like a cinema and that's about it, but there must be more to it than that. You don't work in a million pound industry and get a hard on over a big tv.

I guess if you'd tied it into the video and stats software, so you could display or even measure the video with the stats software, while doing analysis with the players, it could be something special. But yeah, really no idea, and that's the way the club wants it.

i2NncpcC.jpeg

One good summer on the transfer market doesn't make the fella some sort of scouting genius, he might have just got lucky.
FFS he's a rookie with fuck all experience.
SPURSY

One good summer on the transfer market doesn't make the fella some sort of scouting genius, he might have just got lucky.
FFS he's a rookie with fuck all experience.
SPURSY
Fuck all experience but then you say he's had a summer on the transfer market. Hmm...sounds like experience to me.

To be fair Baldini was in his job years (although Roma wanted rid) and he's still shit.
I was thinking more along the lines of AVB (Porto) Poch (Southampton) Lamela (Roma, though may prove us all wrong) Darren Bent (Charlton) Andy Reid (Forest) Bentley (Blackburn) Pav (Spartak Moscow) Postiga (Porto) Rebrov (Dynamo Kiev) Rasiak (half-season to be fair at Derby) Paul Stewart (Man City) Ruel Fox (Norwich!!) ...yeah I went back there!!

Last edited:
it's official
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club-announcement-paul-mitchell-261114/

Classic spurs though. tells us his title and his background but absolutely nothing about what he will actually be doing and where he fits into the structure. Hopefully we'll get more clarification soon but I doubt it.

Have you noticed his title change? He was "Head of the Scouting and Recruitment department."

Now he's Head of Recruitment and Analysis. Why can't they just give him the exact same job and role? Why do we always fuck around like this, giving people roles they're not use to.

Poch was manager. Now a head coach.
Badlini was DOF, yet was expected to be head scout when he joined. It's like we hire these people without knowing what they do or they're good at.

Last edited:
Have you noticed his title change? He was "Head of the Scouting and Recruitment department."

Now he's Head of Recruitment and Analysis. Why can't they just give him the exact same job and role? Why do we always fuck around like this, giving people roles their not use to.

"We are delighted to announce that Paul Mitchell has joined the Club as Head of Recruitment and Analysis....

....Following the appointment of Karl Robinson as manager in 2010, Paul was assigned to his back room staff as Head of Recruitment, recognising his aptitude for identifying player talent.

He joined Southampton in January, 2012 to manage their Scouting and Recruitment department."

:pochserious2:

Back
Top Bottom