Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He ought to get in on this operation yew tree shit, he'd be front page as well as back page news.
Instead of hanging out a range rover window he could hang out the back of a . . . . . . . . you do the rest!

:harryhmm:

Too much??

Apologies if that crossed the line for anyone.

charming :cunt:

Gazza's ability was amazing. Scored against Woolwich without his boot on!
That was when i fell in love with him as a Yid.That was our first home game of the Season (88/89) by default because our ground wasn't deemed safe enough for the opener against Coventry.He took that ball. went through the Gooner defence ,lost a boot ,kicked a hording.And stilll found time to celebrate with the Paxton Road like a geezer born in a house in Worcester Avenue.

Last edited:
That was when i fell in love with him as a Yid.That was our first home game of the Season (88/89) by default because our ground wasn't deemed safe enough for the opener against Coventry.He took that ball. went through the Gooner defence ,lost a boot ,kicked a hording.And stilll found time to celebrate with the Paxton Road like a geezer born in a house in Worcester Avenue.
It was a great start for him. He was magical with a ball. It is absolutely gutting to see how he has declined. I have seen family members do the same thing.

is there anything Redknapp won't do or say to get his name in the papers?
seriously? How do you think that happens? He is the kind of guy who will stop and chat for anyone - cynics say he's doing it to get his name in the papers - and its simply that he's quotable so he's sought after by the press.
If I had a choice of spending an evening with any football manager in the prem, I'd go for Harry every time - because the guys got stories to tell and he looks like he's a good guy to be around.
Probably the only one close to him would be Mourinho - and then you'd have to put up with his massive ego

The man was a footballing genius imo. For me the greatest English man to don the 3 Lions, that I ever saw.
Successful, wealthy. Just shows this disease dose not discriminate..
him and George Best, flawed geniuses (in sport)
mind you - Bestie did come across as a guy with an ounce or 2 of brains - not something you would really say about gazza.

him and George Best, flawed geniuses (in sport)
mind you - Bestie did come across as a guy with an ounce or 2 of brains - not something you would really say about gazza.

Sad about Duncan Edwards as well, all the old united players like Charlton say he was better than George best but died as a youngster in the air crash, what might have been.

I suppose at least we have the skills of Wiltshere.

:kaboullol:

To be honest, I expect to see his obituary every time I open up a paper, I'm amazed he's lasted this long. I hate the idea of giving up on him, but he really does seem to be beyond help. A total genius when he had the ball at his feet, but a disaster of a human being without it. Such a shame.

George Clooney is 6 years older than him. Just google them and see the difference. Mad how badly alcohol abuse affects your looks. Such a sad state of affairs.

That said, I'll never give up on Gazza. Until I see him dead I believe he will turn it around. Naive maybe, but you gotta have that hope.

The man was a footballing genius imo. For me the greatest English man to don the 3 Lions, that I ever saw.
Successful, wealthy. Just shows this disease dose not discriminate..

Saying that, surely the FA should be providing some kind of treatment/help for him?? I think they should have stepped in to help a long time ago

George Clooney is 6 years older than him. Just google them and see the difference. Mad how badly alcohol abuse affects your looks. Such a sad state of affairs.

That said, I'll never give up on Gazza. Until I see him dead I believe he will turn it around. Naive maybe, but you gotta have that hope.
It helps that you are a movie star and have to spend heaps of money to maintain your looks!!

Those photos are awful... he LITERALLY looks like a dead man walking.
Yeah, rather shocking...

article-2731151-20B44E5300000578-288_634x939.jpg

He looks like Bill Nighy's grandad in those pictures.
On a serious note, the guy suffers from a genuinely severe case of depression. He no longer has the fame & adulation, & has always enjoyed a drink. The drink is probably the only thing that makes him feel "normal" in his own mind now he has nothing else. He cuts a tortured soul these days & I just hope someone can help him because he looks like a ghostly caricature of Gazza.

It would be nice if we could get the whole stadium singing his name on Saturday. There were many times when I was a kid that he gave me a boost and put a smile on my face. Being trampled on in the celebrations at Wembley, 1991 will probably be the best memory of supporting Spurs from my lifetime. He hasn't always seemed like he carries too much affection for us at times since he stopped playing, but I still want to back him and have faith he can pull through.

Gazza wasn't exactly poor mate. Had enough money to do the same. Just a compare and contrast.
Gazza had too many hangers on. Apparently, the life & soul of any party. He took poor advice from people & spent fortunes on those hangers on. Where the fuck are they all now? It is a lesson in naivety, having too much too young, being unable to cope with fame & having nobody to tell him he was spunking his life away when his problems started coming to the surface. He was treated with kid gloves -"oh it's Gazza. He's just err Gazza." Someone should have kicked him up the arse when he was all over the papers getting pissed back when he had a career. I love the bloke & it's tragic to see.

Back
Top Bottom