Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you read any of his books it appears he has had mental issues as early as a teenager. Add to that the fact that he has never really had anything but playing football, what happens when this ends? I'm sure he drinks just to block out the world.

remember his hattrick agains Derby - two 30 yard freekicks past shilton.
or when Utd came to WHL in 90 and we shat all over them (beat them 3 times that season) and Gazza scored a classy goal.
or him taking the piss out of two Luton town CBs at Keniworth Rd, skipping between them and slotting past the keeper on the shit plastic pitch.

Last edited:
remember his hattrick agains Derby - two 30 yard freekicks past shilton.
or when Utd came to WHL in 90 and we shat all over them (beat them 3 times that season) and Gazza scored a classy goal.
or him taking the piss out of two Luton town CBs at Keniworth Rd, skipping between them and slotting past the keeper on the shit plastic pitch.
I was at that game and remember Shilton being mugged off by those free kicks, got nowhere near them. Any idea what year that was?

If I remember correctly just before KO of that Derby game Gazza was doing a John Cleese style funny walk/run behind one of the linesman, all the other players were warming up and getting into position. Sums him up really, genius but an absolute joker. Love the guy and one of my favourite ever spurs and england payers but I fear he is beyond help. As eluded to by other people there's only one person that can really get him back on his feet, that's himself.

Who cares. He played for us once. He's been an alcoholic for years now, drinking his life away when he had the world at his feet. He has 3 kids (two adopted). Give a fuck if he was a footballer, he's had numerous chances and fucks it up every time. Poor excuse for a (ex)husband and father.

Doesn't deserve the air time.

People die of worse shit all the time that is out of their hands - he should be put down.

You absolute twit.... now i understand what the sin bin button is for.

To be fair, both Baker and Evans chipped in for his last spell of rehab in the States and Baker is by no means a wealthy man.
to be fair to your 'to be fair' comment, I really do like Danny Baker, it's just unfortunately, there aren't many photos from the 'heady' '90s of Gazza & Chris Evans without him somewhere in shot!!

If you read any of his books it appears he has had mental issues as early as a teenager. Add to that the fact that he has never really had anything but playing football, what happens when this ends? I'm sure he drinks just to block out the world.

I think Bobby Robson's 'daft as a brush' comment merely papered over the cracks... it could arguably have done Gascoigne more harm than good in the long run, as most of Gazza's 'antics' were written off as innocent high-jinks and harmless fun from someone not taking life too seriously... rather than the actions of a very troubled young man, desperately craving love and attention, and whose outlook on life was probably the complete opposite of his outward demeanour....

One of the worst posts ever seen on this forum. Didn't expect it from you, man.
I fully understand people having completely differing views on this, but I don't think that is fair to say (particularly when others have agreed).

He has to take responsibility. He had a great football career, and had opportunities that hundreds of millions of people would kill for - and he's pissed it all away.

It's a shame, don't get me wrong - but I don't feel any sympathy for the bloke.

Another clutch of innocent Palestinians dead in Gaza - but poor Gazza makes the front pages.

That only goes so far. He is a legend and was an idol but he's had more chances than alot of people far more deserving and fucked them all up. Looks like he's on alot more than just the drink to judging by them pictures.
I heard Sunday he is allergic to botox, hence why his boat looks so f**ked up.
Don't know how true that is

It's at the point now where he's had all the help & rehab he could ever hope to receive (for his alcoholism anyway) - often paid for from the pockets of others. There's nothing more he can do than save himself, himself. Sad but true.

Man, I loved Gazza as a kid. I think I still have my 'homework diary' from school which is filled with match reports rather than actual homework information and plenty of those are given over to the genius of the man.

However, I'm in total agreement that Gazza is simply addicted to self-destruction and that's not suprising. As a player he loved the adulation of the crowd and his peers, and outside of his playing career it's only those times when he's almost killed himself that the media and fans give him that adulation again. Funnily enough I've just heard again from a former best friend of mine that I haven't spoken to for 10 years because it was clear he was using me as an emotional crutch for his own destructive behaviour.

Gazza doesn't need the love of the masses, he needs to be treated like a member of the public if he's to make anything of the rest of his life.

...On Tuesday morning Paul was seen in a WHSmith near his plush home, which has a balcony overlooking the ocean.

He appeared drunk and unsteady on his feet as he posed for pictures with pals.

Today a spokesman for the star confirmed he was aware of the incident at Gazza’s apartment...

I don't see how anyone who was present while he was drinking, can be considered a 'pal'.

Back
Top Bottom