Partizan Belgrade v Tottenham Hotspur (UEFA Europa League Group Stage Match 1)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact that Besiktas dropped points at home makes our point seem better now. Just got to win our home games and we shouldn't need anything from the Besiktas away game to qualify.

Pretty dull tonight.

Good points - Clean sheet, away draw and a bit of a workout for a couple of the new boys.

Bad points - The sort of pitch where we might have picked up a knock or two. And the same old same old in terms of passing quality and decision making in the final third. Some piss poor crossing again.

A lots being made of Poch's system but was this very different to an AVB performance?

Paulinho is just a passenger. Wish we'd sold him.

Utter shit, but a draw away from home on that pitch is acceptable. I was hoping the back-up attackers would impress. However, none of them will play against WBA, with Paulinho probably not making the squad again. The positives have to be decent debuts from Fazio/Stambouli and a good game from Bentaleb.

Meh, I'l take the point and be happy that Vertonghen, Lamela, Stambouli and Lloris were the bright points. Considering that these are the only 4 players that I'd want starting in a big game at this point(well Capoue too, but he didn't play much today) that's a positive.

I don't get it with Bentaleb. Nice, neat and tidy with the cutting edge of a cheese sandwich. Against the likes of Partizan we surely don't need two defensive midfielders.

Well if anyone had forgotten how the Europa League stage is, tonight will be a good reminder. These games are always like this. I don't understand why people get so worked up about it year after year. These aren't easy games or trips.

Thought our defense looked a lot better today. They put us under some pressure on occasion and we handled it well at the back. Fazio and Vertonghen will be our starting CB pairing eventually IMO. Bentaleb and Stambouli were both good. Didn't get much out of the front four at all. But it is the second choice group and they are second choice for a reason.

I don't get it with Bentaleb. Nice, neat and tidy with the cutting edge of a cheese sandwich. Against the likes of Partizan we surely don't need two defensive midfielders.
Partizan are champions of a decent footballing nation, they're no mugs. Bentaleb is a passer, and like most of our team, wasn't helped by the terrible pitch. With hindsight we should have played 4-4-2, and lumped it up to Kane with Soldado playing off him. You'll never see decent football played on a surface like that.

a tough match in a far away intimidating shithole, not a bad result at all

Stambouli MotM for me

centerbacks looked solid and Bentaleb too

never really clicked up front for us unfortunately

the Serbs were a diving bunch too and the ref as per usual in these types of matches was abit of a twat

Pitch was very bad, can't expect fluid passing on that especially with a shit ref giving fouls for anything and everything.

Oh yeh I hope people crying for Davies to start over Rose can now be quiet.

Back
Top Bottom