Partizan Belgrade v Tottenham Hotspur (UEFA Europa League Group Stage Match 1)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vorm
Naughton Fazio Chiriches Davies
Stambouli Bentaleb
Townsend Paulinho Lennon
'Arry

Is there a spurs pub in Belgrade for before the match?

First away match in Europe for years and the Ticket office said there is about 250 spurs fans going so not sure what to expect!

So - one of our 3 senior strikers (2 if you discount Kane) appears to have developed a chronic injury days after the transfer window shut

Where exactly are those who abused fans for wanting another attacking player brought in?

That's right - probably camping outside DL's office waiting for the next stadium 'announcement' - 'delayed until season 2020/21 due to application filed wrongly, sorry chaps'.

Spursy times are back

There's no reason to play any player who's going to start against WBA so I'd imagine,
Vorm
Dier Fazio Chiriches Davies
Stambouli Bentaleb
Townsend Paulinho Lennon
Kane

Who you playing right-back Sunday then? Walker certainly isn't back, and I'd much prefer to see Dier than Naughton against West Brom.

---------------Vorm------------------
-Naughton—Fazio---Vlad---Davies
-----------Paulinho—Bentaleb----
--Lennon----Holtby-----Townsend
---------Soldado(or Kane)-----------------

Last edited:
Who you playing right-back Sunday then? Walker certainly isn't back, and I'd much prefer to see Dier than Naughton against West Brom.
I'd give Naughton the spot back but that's my opinion, completely understand picking Dier ahead of him though, just would prefer Naughton there as he's a better right back imo. Wouldn't be against Dier starting at centre back on Sunday though jus don't expect it.

This is one of those games where I wish we had signed some more immediate depth at left and right back.

I suppose it's set up for Davies and Naughton but I want to see Davies in the prem.

Reason being I think Mason, Bentaleb and Paulinho should be the front 3 attacking midfielders. Historically Townsend, Lennon, naughton and Rose have pretty much overseen buildup where midfielders scoring has been scarce in the prem. And that is what I see our Europa team as: Blooding for the prem tussle.

IMO Mason, Bentaleb and Paulinho playing as the 3 AMs will bring more out of Soldado should he be fit.

Don't get me wrong, Rose, Townsend, Naughton, Lennon and Soldado have more than enough to smash this opposition. But building for the future I would rather see Mason, Bentaleb and Paulinho play along with the new signings.

One of which can play at right back apparently (was it Stam or Fazio that played at right back?) If Fazio played there I'd rather him in defense than Naughton. And I want Dier as a CB, again looking forward because Walker is going to be the long term rightback IMO.

-------------------Kane----------------
---Mason----Paulinho---bentaleb
-----------Stambouli---Chiriches----
Davies-----Jan-------Dier-----fazio
---------------------Lloris------------------

If Fazio never played right back, then just swap him for Dier.

Last edited:
and Sandro for QPR ...DAMN It!
I like both players ,why they don’t have more chances to play for Spurs…

I think you saw why we sold Sandro at weekend, looked off the pace then got injured, he could have been a great but sadly he is struggling to be what he was

I think you saw why we sold Sandro at weekend, looked off the pace then got injured, he could have been a great but sadly he is struggling to be what he was

Redknapp said it was cramp. If Sandro plays less than 15 games for their season then I'll be more understanding for getting rid of so much potential for cheap.

Redknapp said it was cramp. If Sandro plays less than 15 games for their season then I'll be more understanding for getting rid of so much potential for cheap.

Yeah we'll see how it goes, obviously want best for him, was once first name on teamsheet but looked a yard late for 12 months when we really needed him too and that yard is what makes or breaks defensive midfielders, typical of us really! such a shame

So - one of our 3 senior strikers (2 if you discount Kane) appears to have developed a chronic injury days after the transfer window shut

Where exactly are those who abused fans for wanting another attacking player brought in?

That's right - probably camping outside DL's office waiting for the next stadium 'announcement' - 'delayed until season 2020/21 due to application filed wrongly, sorry chaps'.

Spursy times are back
Who has?

Sorry but this is business . I have rented two big houses and employed twp security guards 24/7 . All this cost my friend and I`m not a millionaire . I live in studio flat
Do what you got to do mate but that just my opinion i actualy support spurs and it wouldnt feel right for me to make money on my fellow supporters. Feel free rip the shit out of anybody else when they come down your manor :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom