Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You could apply the same for Villa, no?

They're heavily reliant on Watkins' output. Take them away and they are 22 points worse off.

And they've conceded more goals than us.

I suppose that’s true, Villa are obviously not miles ahead of us.

They are just steadier than us, consistency is so important. As the season has gone on we have become a team that lurches from scrappy home wins to awful away defeats. I think it’s much harder to beat Villa than Tottenham right now.

NOTTINHAT Forest!

We'd be laughed out of town for this kinda thing!

I thought it was all swings and roundabouts, and evened itself up over the course of the season...?

That's what WE were always told... but apparently not!

It’s making me wonder what other games the VAR official has been involved in if it’s all true.

Emery has only had one summer there as well but yeah had 6 months last season. Given the way everything has panned out with no Europe and our start i think its a bit average. Start of the season then i would have settled for 5th but think we've blown what should have been very achievable. Its the last 3 away games that have killed us and its the way we've capitualted a bit at the business end thats so dissapointing.

He's had 3 transfer windows though and has had more time to implement his ideas at Villa than Ange has and let's be real Gerrard was underachieveing massively with them before he came in.

Did you have us finishing in the CL places at the start of the season, if I recall most people had us 6th/7th

if we're getting beat 3-0 against Fulham and 4-0 agaisnt Newcaslte it kinda tells you that we're just not ready for CL football.

I'm fine with that by the way because our start to the season just distorted reality and pushed people's expectations above where they should have been because people's opinions changed in the space of 2 months from saying 6th would be a good season to expecting us to push to challenge for the league.

Back
Top Bottom