Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rubbish BC. You'll corkscrew anything into your agenda won't you? Are you gonna utilize how Woolwich play against City as evidence next? both those teams have threat that other clubs lack and thus justify the risk of opening up. Sitting back and countering attacks City's weakest area, their CBs ability to actually defend.

Should we also utilize City's attack as evidence of how we should attack?

Is it ok to comment on what is actually happening without you needing to contextualise it to Poch.

I didn’t criticise Poch for doing what every team does - I just said initially I thought he was going to try something different.

Liverpool don’t always do what they’ve done here today, but that doesn’t change that they have done something tactically different, and it’s not just entirely about the personnel, they’ve been more aggressive, played higher up the pitch, had more of the ball than City.

I understand why most teams don’t do this, it’s a lot harder to coach than a bus - and the right players will help. But still deserves merit- and not just in some Pochettino context.

And as I type this Liverpool/Diaz have wasted two more fantastic chances. Playing a different way to most against City.

Is it ok to comment on what is actually happening without you needing to contextualise it to Poch.

I didn’t criticise Poch for doing what every team does - I just said initially I thought he was going to try something different.

Liverpool don’t always do what they’ve done here today, but that doesn’t change that they have done something tactically different, and it’s not just entirely about the personnel, they’ve been more aggressive, played higher up the pitch, had more of the ball than City.

I understand why most teams don’t do this, it’s a lot harder to coach than a bus - and the right players will help. But still deserves merit- and not just in some Pochettino context.

And as I type this Liverpool/Diaz have wasted two more fantastic chances. Playing a different way to most against City.
Should have left it with the gif...I'm out.

Just listening to the BBC 5 LIVE commentary... You can HEAR the anguish every time Liverpool miss a chance, and the sense of horror every time Man City attack...

It's worse than LFC TV (which I imagine, is unbearable) but for a National institution to show SO much obvious bias, and not even trying to hide it by showing SOME neutrality, is infuriating to listen to!

Aslong as it doesn't end in a draw.
What?

Draw makes us 2 points closer to both and makes city even more determined to destroy woolwich
I can see an argument where a draw ISN'T the worst result (as long as City beat the Arse next week)
Liverpool AND City will still have hope, and an eye on not losing ground today...

Having said that, I've still more faith in City winning the league than Liverpool, so maybe them winning today would just enforce that.

What?

Draw makes us 2 points closer to both and makes city even more determined to destroy woolwich
Unfortunately the maximum amount of points we can get is 86, which won't be enough to win the League, so it doesn't matter if we finish closer to City or Liverpool (that November stint ruined us). I'd rather have one of these win (City preferably).

Should have left it with the gif...I'm out.

monty python kick GIF

Back
Top Bottom