Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know they won't care one bit right now, but 33 shots to 8, 18 corners to 1 and 32% possession really doesn't make good reading if you're Real Madrid. They defended brilliantly but looked like Reading otherwise. City so wasteful and only have themselves to blame.

I'm resigned to this now, 4th would be great but EL football would be good for some of our young/fringe players in the early stages, we should make a play for that trophy next season as well.
If we took it seriously it would actually be a fun route back to qualifying for the CL too (though let's be honest, progression would be to walk top 4 next season).

Ange really would be a miracle worker if he could get us fired up for it though. We seem bizarrely disinterested in the EL every time we've been in it. The players really seem to view it as below us.

If we took it seriously it would actually be a fun route back to qualifying for the CL too (though let's be honest, progression would be to walk top 4 next season).

Ange really would be a miracle worker if he could get us fired up for it though. We seem bizarrely disinterested in the EL every time we've been in it. The players really seem to view it as below us.

Different group of players tbf. The last group had realistic shots at the title when we were in the EL IIRC, unless my memory is off.

Fucking hell if grampa moyes can get west ham that far in it I can see us winning the damn thing it's all about glory. And fuck the scum and oil money fc I want us to earn the CL without getting favors from the shite down the road. Focus on the league and europa next season I can't see why we can't win it

I know they won't care one bit right now, but 33 shots to 8, 18 corners to 1 and 32% possession really doesn't make good reading if you're Real Madrid. They defended brilliantly but looked like Reading otherwise. City so wasteful and only have themselves to blame.
They've had about 85 games with those statistics at this stage of the competition. It's an artform at this point, nothing Reading about it. Just pure bred winners

Would be nice if we took it seriously for a change, we need a big squad next season regardless.

They look like they give a shit alright

Whilst Doku obviously has flaws to his game, I never understand this train of thought.

He has pace? He’s not just suddenly going to lose it. Such a moot point.

It’s like fans always saying Walker without pace would be crap. He has pace and is the best RB in the world and has been for years.

Calm down DokuHotspur. It was a hyperbole comment and not meant to be taken that seriously. But ultimately he's a bit of a headless chicken. Palmer is twice the player.

People were dismissing CL pedigree factor when these fixtures came out. Said Bayern would get through regardless of league form.

Playing for certain clubs just instils that extra % of belief in these competitions. City were better all game but as long as they were in it, those Madrid players believed. And Bayern went out there both legs and looked favourites.

Back
Top Bottom