Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea will be top 4.
Must admit their three young strikers looked lean and hungry yesterday. Frank seems to be settling in nicely and must have enjoyed watching Luiz give away the penalty today. £8m for that :thumbdown: ....great bit of business by Chelsea.
But as someone said on MOTD many years ago "You won't win anything with kids". I'd put them top six this season. I have a feeling the top four will be as it stands now, but not in that order.I think there are lots of bumps in the road this season and will continue to believe the title / second spot could be ours as long as we come away from Anfield with at least a point in a few weeks time.

Must admit their three young strikers looked lean and hungry yesterday. Frank seems to be settling in nicely and must have enjoyed watching Luiz give away the penalty today. £8m for that :thumbdown: ....great bit of business by Chelsea.
But as someone said on MOTD many years ago "You won't win anything with kids". I'd put them top six this season. I have a feeling the top four will be as it stands now, but not in that order.I think there are lots of bumps in the road this season and will continue to believe the title / second spot could be ours as long as we come away from Anfield with at least a point in a few weeks time.

No idea what this season will bring but City are going to have to find a solution to their central defence and I am not sure they can.

Liverpool look ridiculously strong right now sadly.

Of Chelsea, I think they will find the Champions League and going for top 4 too much but Lampard will manage like he played. Getting every possible ounce out of what he has got. Good character no doubt.

United are the enigma so who can say with them.

But Woolwich, United and us, because Kane is not doing it, lack leaders. Chelsea do in fairness have Azpilicueta, who drives them all the time.

If we can stay united and driven by 5 years of Pochettino's reign without silverware we will or should have enough to get aim number 1.

They have the dippers next, that will be interesting. Both off the back of Champions League games.

We are 5 games in (yeah I know it’s early days🙄) but looking at the table right now i reckon there is a damn good chance that’s the way it finishes come May...

1-Liverpool (Never pick up injuries)
2-City (Are picking up injuries)
3-Spurs (On our day as good as anyone, still lacking 2/3 quality players)
4-Utd (Hit & Miss week in week out)
5-Leicester (Well drilled)
6-Chelsea (Look good, but will drop points against the other top 6, and occasional mid table teams)
7-Woolwich (One of the best attack’s and one of the worst defence’s)

I smell a bet in the air💰💰💰
Only place we're lacking quality is in defensive midfield imo. Everywhere else I think we're easily the third best and in some cases second best. I'd put our attacking depth above Liverpool's and our central midfield is at least as good as theirs on paper excluding fabinho. It's as much the way we play (excluding yesterday) as anything else. They have to be on some good shit with the way that they can start the same starting 11 every match across 2-3 comps, and still come out and play at a blistering pace for 90 minutes. City have the best squad, Liverpool the best tactics; and we're stuck somewhere in the middle of that. Getting Dier back in the middle should help us too.

We are 5 games in (yeah I know it’s early days🙄) but looking at the table right now i reckon there is a damn good chance that’s the way it finishes come May...

1-Liverpool (Never pick up injuries)
2-City (Are picking up injuries)
3-Spurs (On our day as good as anyone, still lacking 2/3 quality players)
4-Utd (Hit & Miss week in week out)
5-Leicester (Well drilled)
6-Chelsea (Look good, but will drop points against the other top 6, and occasional mid table teams)
7-Woolwich (One of the best attack’s and one of the worst defence’s)

I smell a bet in the air💰💰💰

The only one I think you might be underestimating is Chelsea . Last season I'd have agreed with you on them, but I think their transfer ban in the summer has worked to their advantage.

Instead of bringing in 'stars' who were passed their best like Higuain they've been forced to give their youth a chance and its starting to pay off - Chelsea have scored 11 goals so far this season...…. and all 11 by one of their academy graduates.

I think their youngsters will try that bit harder to prove things (even running through walls ?) and that means not dropping as many points as they might have done last season. Sure they will make a few mistakes, but the whole 'you cant win anything with kids' ......hasn't got much legs. It doesn't mean they are going to be PL champions anytime soon, but I think they will make a better first of getting to top 4, possibly at ManU expense.

BTW the youngsters I am referring to are Tammy Abrahams, Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori (all 3 of who scored against Wolves), Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson-Odoi, so there's a reasonable sized group of proud Chelsea youngsters in that squad now with some sort of affinity for that club.

The only one I think you might be underestimating is Chelsea . Last season I'd have agreed with you on them, but I think their transfer ban in the summer has worked to their advantage.

Instead of bringing in 'stars' who were passed their best like Higuain they've been forced to give their youth a chance and its starting to pay off - Chelsea have scored 11 goals so far this season...…. and all 11 by one of their academy graduates.

I think their youngsters will try that bit harder to prove things (even running through walls ?) and that means not dropping as many points as they might have done last season. Sure they will make a few mistakes, but the whole 'you cant win anything with kids' ......hasn't got much legs. It doesn't mean they are going to be PL champions anytime soon, but I think they will make a better first of getting to top 4, possibly at ManU expense.

BTW the youngsters I am referring to are Tammy Abrahams, Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori (all 3 of who scored against Wolves), Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson-Odoi, so there's a reasonable sized group of proud Chelsea youngsters in that squad now with some sort of affinity for that club.
I agree, I predicted Chelsea to finish 2nd this season in one of those threads we have, but from a betting point of view and the table as it stand right now caught my eye, and it definitely interests me for a few quid.....

and some experience with Kante, Azpilicueta, Willian, Giroud, Pedro, Alonso. If they avoid injuries to defenders they will go well this season.

Only place we're lacking quality is in defensive midfield imo. Everywhere else I think we're easily the third best and in some cases second best. I'd put our attacking depth above Liverpool's and our central midfield is at least as good as theirs on paper excluding fabinho. It's as much the way we play (excluding yesterday) as anything else. They have to be on some good shit with the way that they can start the same starting 11 every match across 2-3 comps, and still come out and play at a blistering pace for 90 minutes. City have the best squad, Liverpool the best tactics; and we're stuck somewhere in the middle of that. Getting Dier back in the middle should help us too.
That’s the problem with beating Palace 4-0, we are a super team again🤗.......I need to see Aurier more than one game to be convinced our right back position isn’t mincemeat, and centre half also worries me if those two don’t sign up by Christmas, because if they don’t then they won’t be worth a fuck 2nd half of the season. DM is an obvious one......

That’s the problem with beating Palace 4-0, we are a super team again🤗.......I need to see Aurier more than one game to be convinced our right back position isn’t mincemeat, and centre half also worries me if those two don’t sign up by Christmas, because if they don’t then they won’t be worth a fuck 2nd half of the season. DM is an obvious one......
Aurier's biggest issue is staying fit. Dude gets on a run and then gets injured for a few weeks. Need to wrap him in cotton wool and trust KWP once per week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom