Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t think Golovin would be your type, with his fancy footballing moves and whatnot, thought you were routing for the clumsy athletes these days?
Golovin can absolutely get around the pitch and has quite the nasty streak. But I'm wasn't interested in him for us necessarily except as a potential response to those folks that think football can only occur at the feet of Christian Eriksen so he must be kept sweet at all costs, irrespective of damage to/uncertainty for the club. But he might become available for quite cheap this season...which leads me to my next point

I notice how you conveniently swerved my question about your boy Jardim. 2 points BC. At this rate the genius that is Bruno Genesio will be in a job by December.

And as far as that clumsy charge I would only ask you to remind me who it was that started those breaks in the vids I PMd you? Suck it, BC!!!!

I haven't seen Golovin recently but have been very impressed by him in the past. What do people who watched the game think of him?

Good work by Grealish just then.

At least you lose possession on the halfway line as opposed to seven yards from an almost undefended goal
There is a stat (can't find, nor can I accurately remember what it is) that shows there have been more goals scored from counters made off a long ball's won from a 'Keeper than have from pressing a short one.

The entire reason to playout from the back is to draw the oppo unto you to create space up the pitch, and if nothing comes from it, you have the ball and the oppo can't score if you've got it.

Rice is just so criminally overrated
He's not a bad player and at his age has plenty of potential but you are spot on, he's one of the most over-rated players in the PL. For England, he's out of his depth and for West Ham he's easily by-passed, I think Winks is better than him defensively!! (I'm only making that comparison because that's Wink's perceveed weakness against Rice's perceived strength).

There is a stat (can't find, nor can I accurately remember what it is) that shows there have been more goals scored from counters made off a long ball's won from a 'Keeper than have from pressing a short one.

The entire reason to playout from the back is to draw the oppo unto you to create space up the pitch, and if nothing comes from it, you have the ball and the oppo can't score if you've got it.
I'm not having a pop but I did not understand that post.

He's not a bad player and at his age has plenty of potential but you are spot on, he's one of the most over-rated players in the PL. For England, he's out of his depth and for West Ham he's easily by-passed, I think Winks is better than him defensively!! (I'm only making that comparison because that's Wink's perceveed weakness against Rice's perceived strength).

He’s a second rate Eric Dier in my book, no way he should be getting games for England, shouldn’t even be in the squad. Maybe in a few years he’ll be a decent player but at the moment he’s completely out of his depth for club and country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom