OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

15094831_1117826864979131_6662027482197807245_n.png

Who else is watching cska Leverkusen? What result we hoping for then?

CSKA win ideally, simply because this gives us a glimmer of hope of qualifying if we end up drawing tonight. Would see the table look like this if CSKA win and we draw:

1. MONACO - 9
2. LEVERKUSEN - 6
3. TOTTENHAM - 5
4. CSKA MOSCOW - 5

Basically means we HAVE to beat CSKA Moscow at Wembley and hope Leverkusen don't beat Monaco at home. Like I said, gives us a glimmer of hope as if Leverkusen get a draw tonight and we draw, then Monaco would HAVE to beat Leverkusen away for us to have hope.

Suppose we dropped into the Europa League. Do you think we have a good chance to win it this season?

Or is it better to get out of European competition totally, and focus on the Premier League?

Suppose we dropped into the Europa League. Do you think we have a good chance to win it this season?

Or is it better to get out of European competition totally, and focus on the Premier League?

I'm always one for every competition should be important but it's obvious that without any distraction we could do some damage.

We'll never win the Europa if we don't play our first team throughout.

Even the UCL, we're looking to rest players tonight like Kane for the weekend, I mean what's the point in putting all this effort into qualifying for Europe then playing a second string team. Baffles me

Doesn't help too much a draw but it gives us more of a hope if we do draw tonight.

Just means we would need Monaco to win away in Germany.

1-1 FT.

1. Monaco (PLYD 4) - 8 points
2. Leverkusen (PLYD 5) - 7 points
------------------------------------------------
3. Tottenham (PLYD 4) - 4 points
4. CSKA Moscow (PLYD 5) - 3 points

It's a better result than a Leverkusen win that's for sure. Does mean now that a draw tonight doesnt knock us out of the competition but it takes the qualification out of our hands. Monaco and Leverkusen play eachother in Germany in the next set of fixtures and we would need Monaco to get all 3 points (in hope that they want to top the group) and we would need to beat CSKA.

Back
Top Bottom