Oh no, we might lose player x

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't keep a player that doesn't want to stay, that's just life. If we had held Bale here against his will, the media would have criticised us, despite us being well within our rights to refuse a sale because of his contract. He wouldn't have refused to train all the time, but his performances would have been below par, and you only decrease in value as your contract rolls on. So selling was the right decision, it just remains a question of when.

It seems pot luck and even unpredictable at this stage as to who's here for the stepping stone and who's here to help us progress. If worst comes to worst and Lloris does go, we could always pinch Stekelenburg off Fulham. Thinking that makes me feel sorry for Fulham though, a club in a far worse position than us.

I miss Martin Jol, I miss Paul Stalteri, I miss Teemu Tainio, and I miss Didier Zokora.
I can't find the clip, but I remember Didier couldn't watch the penalty against Chelsea in the Carling Cup final, and relied on the crowds roar to let him know we won.

Players that gave a shit.

It's mot so much that the players might want to go, its that you get left in a constant state of rebuilding.

This is the truth of the champions league. European football is designed to keep the status quo in place.
The sides that come closest to challenging the champions keague places get disadvantaged by playing in the europa. their best players, after a couple of seasons of being almost there, want top challenge themselves against the best (understandable) and make as much as they can (understandable). But this leaves the sides just outside the champions league never quite being good enough

It's mot so much that the players might want to go, its that you get left in a constant state of rebuilding.

This is the truth of the champions league. European football is designed to keep the status quo in place.
The sides that come closest to challenging the champions keague places get disadvantaged by playing in the europa. their best players, after a couple of seasons of being almost there, want top challenge themselves against the best (understandable) and make as much as they can (understandable). But this leaves the sides just outside the champions league never quite being good enough
An excellent and sadly very truthful post.

You can't keep a player that doesn't want to stay, that's just life. .

Oh yes you can. Like Man Utd kept Rooney. Like liverpool kept Suarez. Like Everton kept Baines. Like telling the player to shut their fucking mouth and honour their contract. Its what top clubs, big clubs, do. Its what cunts like Daniel Levy, who do not treat or respect Tottenham Hotspur as the big club we are, Dont do. And its why we will never be succesful with Enic running the club.

Oh yes you can. Like Man Utd kept Rooney. Like liverpool kept Suarez. Like Everton kept Baines. Like telling the player to shut their fucking mouth and honour their contract. Its what top clubs, big clubs, do. Its what cunts like Daniel Levy, who do not treat or respect Tottenham Hotspur as the big club we are, Dont do. And its why we will never be succesful with Enic running the club.

Utter bollocks. Rooney and Suarez only ever wanted more cash. And Baines was happy to stay. None of them had Real Madrid making a charm offensive for over a year, and promising them the moon on a stick and a chance to play for the biggest club in the world.

Utter bollocks. Rooney and Suarez only ever wanted more cash. And Baines was happy to stay. None of them had Real Madrid making a charm offensive for over a year, and promising them the moon on a stick and a chance to play for the biggest club in the world.

Agreed, might I add Christian Benteke as a case in point.

Also, whoever this "player x" is, he sounds awesome, such a cool name, much cooler than Hulk, or Little Pea.

We should definitely sign him. He sounds like a motherfucking secret agent.

Ability > Passion.
there have been many exceptions to that rule over time, but sure, generally speaking it may be preferable to have players with skills than players with passion. you can wake up the passion in a player, but you can't convince him into passing better or shooting more precisely.

Fucking nonsense. So the same goes for Modric does it. And Berbatov. What about Carrick. Could throw Keane in the mix as well while we`re at it. All wanted to go to "realise their dreams and ambitions " and we did fuck all to stop them. What about our dreams. What about the ambitions of Our club. We aint fucking got none with the current mob running the show. Top clubs, Big clubs, Clubs with ambition, buy players with a view as to how they can make a the team stronger and contend for honours. We dont. We buy players with a view to how much profit we could make in a couple of years. (soldado the one exception, but Bale paid for him and the others anyway) With us its all about resale value and its fucking wrong. And you have the fucking charm to accuse me, as a fan, of talking bollocks !

I used to be a huge fan of Vertonghen, as I am sure most of us are/were. Now, with all this talk about potentially leaving if we don't achieve CL, a general poor attitude (as far as I know by what I read) and being one of the players I see folding in these big losses - I say sell him. I don't understand how it got here, because it wasnt long ago since I was advocating he should be our next skipper...
Use the money to buy Caulker back from Cardiff once they're relegated. Make him and Chiriches our first choice CB's.

Back
Top Bottom