Oh no, we might lose player x

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale and Modric went: I still love the club. Vert and Lloris: don't let the door hit you as you step off your stepping stone...

I agree, but Lloris has put in some fight despite the capitulations. We could've gone down 4-0 easily before we handed them the two late goals.

Then again, could just be that he's a smart lad and interested clubs will note his resolve in shitty situations anyway.

I agree, but Lloris has put in some fight despite the capitulations. We could've gone down 4-0 easily before we handed them the two late goals.

Then again, could just be that he's a smart lad and interested clubs will note his resolve in shitty situations anyway.

I like them both as players, but I could not care less anymore about trying to cling on to anyone.

I have said it before whichever way you cut it this summer we'll have the most expensive squad we have ever assembled, whether lloris or vertonghen leaves or whoever new manager will come in and there will be an abundance of talent for them to work with

We are very much like Woolwich they sell Nasri fabregas and RVP we sell modric VDV and bale, they just have wenger who has managed to get a team together who on paper are worth less than our squad

So it's about getting the boss in early and making our transfer business early and making the most of the squad ability and value we have in every way, yet another fresh start but for all our sanity lets hope we at least get the value out of them next year

So it's about getting the boss in early and making our transfer business early and making the most of the squad ability and value we have in every way, yet another fresh start but for all our sanity lets hope we at least get the value out of them next year

I'm afraid that this is never gonna happen in a World Cup year.

My love for football and the club is as strong as it's ever been, rightly or wrongly seeing as this evening's result is going to ruin the next week for me. What I've lost interest in is debating football, especially on forums. I mean I agree with this sentiment 100%, but it was only a few weeks back that people were lining up to slag off Holtby for not being good enough, when, in my opinion, he's been the most committed and dedicated player out on the pitch since Ledley. And look at Dawson, another player who'd take a bullet for the club and yet people can't wait to negatively compare him to mercenaries like Vertonghen.

I used to love reading the opinions of everybody on this site and now they just make me sick.

-I'm not having a pop at you Turfie by the way, I know I've worded this poorly and it looks that way. I agree with your point, what angers me is the people who will agree with you when give minutes ago they were clamouring for instant success.

I hold my hands up as I'm one of the ones who wanted instant success last summer, blind to the fact that we paid stupid money for players that were badly bundled together.
Today wasn't the end of the world but been thrashed too many times this season and I think we're at a loose end at the min. Will have to go all out in Europe.
Love Daws but wtf was that in the 1st min? Not good enough.

I'm afraid that this is never gonna happen in a World Cup year.

Announced, quite possibly. But I hope we would shore up a deal soon in the summer (if not now under the table), and he can start trickling down some orders ASAP (such as merely discussing positions of need with Baldini).

The one I really feel sorry for is Lloris. Makes some world class saves, but never wins us any points because our defence put him in shit situations over and over and over again and there's only so much one man can do. Lost count of the amount of times the camera has panned to him after a goal just looking at the defence as if to say "what the fuck are you doing?"

He'll be off soon, and we'll fucking miss him big time.

The one I really feel sorry for is Lloris. Makes some world class saves, but never wins us any points because our defence put him in shit situations over and over and over again and there's only so much one man can do. Lost count of the amount of times the camera has panned to him after a goal just looking at the defence as if to say "what the fuck are you doing?"

He'll be off soon, and we'll fucking miss him big time.
Yep, agree. He's the one player we do need to keep and the continuity in the back line in front of him hasnt helped. Goalies dont move clubs very often after only a couple of seasons and im hoping that will be the case here.

Haven't seen any reliable quotes from any player trying to jump ship...yeh we played horrible v chelsea and some of our so called stars should take a hard look at themselves...slag their performances but until I see actual evidence of them angling for a move I won't question their commitment to the club going forward...

I can see a few seasons of upheaval in front of us but just hope we get the manager in and we, including Levy, hold our nerve and back him well.
In my opinion, if Levy is going to have any credibility left, then he's got little choice but to get in a top, top manager. Young energetic project with AVB didn't work. Harry-lite with inexperience hasn't worked. He's got to swallow his pride and his ego and get in someone with a good pedigree otherwise I think he'll have the fans on his back.

All that matters is that we have the players who want to play for the shirt and not their bloody egos. Lloris should be our next skipper if we hold on to him and build from there.

All that matters is that we have the players who want to play for the shirt and not their bloody egos. Lloris should be our next skipper if we hold on to him and build from there.
The same Lloris that refused to commit to the club and was forced to make a statement on our official website?

Your arguement sucks when you imagine this team with Berbatov, Carrick, Modric and Bale.

We tried to keep Berbatov. What can you do when a player refuses to enter the pitch?
Modric tried it too, and and thanks to Redknapp, we got one more season out of him. Shame AVB couldnt hold onto him too, after he refused to tour, what choice was there?
Bale refused to train, and slapped AVB in the face too.

A lot of worry about us losing certain players in the summer.

My feeling is - if they dont want to be here, then they will leave. It is an honour to play for this grand old team, and if you dont want in then.... Fuck off.

Its a good point.

I think I would be happier if we downsized our expectations right now, than this constant failure and merry go round of staff and players.

Imagine if Levy made a statement and instead of talking shit about the CL and our lofty dreams (cos thats all they are), just said "right now, we are going back to basics", and told us all to accept being a top 7 club, and that we were going to focus on a development programme.

It would take years......but fuck me, what are we achieving like this?

This club is nothing but a stepping stone.

I would rather have Caulker and Hudd here than Vertonghen and Paulihno right now to be honest.

There is no heart here.

Levy will never do that. Not after all the work for the new stadium and training ground. He wants to be the one who brings top four status to the club and does it by way of business investment. His ego is far to big to settle for mid table for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom