Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
The first guy asking questions , someone called jonathan veal, has the worst voice ever.
I've mentioned it before, but massive respect to the guy. Obviously has a weird voice and must have got ripped for it as a kid but still decided to follow what he loved even though it involved speaking in front of the national press. Pretty decent journo too. Takes serious bollocks that

Mourinho was toxic. No two ways about it
Obviously, it's always the end game with Mourinho. After the initial honeymoon period his teams regress as many players perform worse than they are actually capable of, due to bullying, blame-shifting, paranoid approach to games, etc. Replace Mourinho with a decent person and coach and things will most likely improve, even if all the other factors remain identical (in Spurs' case those extra factors actually got worse, due to a certain player going on strike... allegedly)

Can copy/paste this comment to the Roma thread in a year or two.

And now I'll get another "Disagree", just like the one I got in the match thread. There's still Mourinhistas lurking around 😁

Obviously, it's always the end game with Mourinho. After the initial honeymoon period his teams regress as many players perform worse than they are actually capable of, due to bullying, blame-shifting, paranoid approach to games, etc. Replace Mourinho with a decent person and coach and things will most likely improve, even if all the other factors remain identical (in Spurs' case those extra factors actually got worse, due to a certain player going on strike... allegedly)

Can copy/paste this comment to the Roma thread in a year or two.

And now I'll get another "Disagree", just like the one I got in the match thread. There's still Mourinhistas lurking around 😁
Totally agree. Nuno is a more man that can handle things. It's weird but i know working with people you need to connect. Make everyone pull the same way

What's not to like about Nuno's performance today ?

He's obviously been working on the squad fitness - much improved versus Mourhino - so we could play for 90 minutes, City couldn't. A real togetherness about the team, they really seemed to work as a team. Not afraid to play youngsters Skipp and Tanganga. Seemed to have worked on Sanchez and Dier defensive combination as they were much improved from last season. The front 3 of Son , Moura and Bergwijn continued to play well as an attacking force (as we saw in (pre-season) and Dele also joined in. Tactically, Nuno's central midfield seemed to have Pep fooled, he just couldn;t find a way through helping both our defenders and attackers.

A very decent first game.

.....and how many posters were expecting the win today ?

What's not to like about Nuno's performance today ?

He's obviously been working on the squad fitness - much improved versus Mourhino - so we could play for 90 minutes, City couldn't. A real togetherness about the team, they really seemed to work as a team. Not afraid to play youngsters Skipp and Tanganga. Seemed to have worked on Sanchez and Dier defensive combination as they were much improved from last season. The front 3 of Son , Moura and Bergwijn continued to play well as an attacking force (as we saw in (pre-season) and Dele also joined in. Tactically, Nuno's central midfield seemed to have Pep fooled, he just couldn;t find a way through helping both our defenders and attackers.

A very decent first game.

.....and how many posters were expecting the win today ?

Another thing that I really liked was how aggressive and physical we were across the pitch. It's a simple thing but just felt like we were stronger and hungrier than City today and that rattled them.

Great to see he's willing to put faith in lads like Tanganga and Skipp too, who were both excellent.

Brilliant start for the manager and his team. Long may it continue.

The first guy asking questions , someone called jonathan veal, has the worst voice ever.
Probably the best journo of Spurs. Genuine fan and the best questions almost always come from him. Must take big balls to be a journo with his unfortunate voice, so full credit to him.

Back
Top Bottom