Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Only first game in of course but that game felt like one of the Poch good years. I noticed fans cheered every block and just thought about how Jose had us defending and that's what happens when you have a team playing for the badge.

Bringing on Lo Celso instead of Winkssoko was a match-winning decision.

He understands that a counterattacking team needs to counterattack, they need to be fast and threatening whenever they win the ball.

City are still relying on a 36 year old to diffuse that pressure through the middle and we made it show.

We’ll see if he’s good enough tactically in the long run, but my god it’s so nice to have a manager of his calm demeanor and lack of drama after Mourinho. Absolutely no nonsense, just what we needed.

We’ll see if he’s good enough tactically in the long run, but my god it’s so nice to have a manager of his calm demeanor and lack of drama after Mourinho. Absolutely no nonsense, just what we needed.
At least he's not making snidey, patronising comments about players after games.

That alone will be massively more helpful to the squad than the dinosaur's retarded approach to man-management.

The Jaffa / Doherty substitution was thoroughly alarming and deeply, deeply disturbing, and is something of the likes I never EVER want to see again.

It was inexplicable, totally suicidal and has left me a little scarred tbh.

Fucking hell. lol

As soon as dogshittery came on we lost our solidity and City looked like scoring.

Extremely lucky to get away with it.

Apart from that, fantastic start, Nuno.

Very impressive.

We looked organised, all on the same page and were all comitted.

We looked like we had been coached and were prepared for this game.

We carry on with this level of performance, I'm firmly on the Nuno train. :nunothumb:

The Jaffa / Doherty substitution was thoroughly alarming and deeply, deeply disturbing, and is something of the likes I never EVER want to see again.

It was inexplicable, totally suicidal and has left me a little scarred tbh.

Fucking hell. lol

As soon as dogshittery came on we lost our solidity and City looked like scoring.

Extremely lucky to get away with it.

Apart from that, fantastic start, Nuno.

Very impressive.

We looked organised, all on the same page and were all comitted.

We looked like we had been coached and were prepared for this game.

We carry on with this level of performance, I'm firmly on the Nuno train. :nunothumb:

It wasn’t inexplicable. Japh came off with a hamstring last week and was a doubt for this game. He ran his bollocks off and probably needed to come off at that point.

It's 1 game and probably best to play City early but the improvement was obvious. We look fitter, something that had become a real issue, we pressed with cohesion, we were more aggressive, we didn't sit absurdly deep and we attacked. Very very early days but i already prefer what i've seen in 90 mins to the shocking stuff we were served up for 18 months.

Finishing the weekend in 10th, worse than Mou. Fucking West Ham ahead of us and in CL places. I knew this appt was doomed from the start.

#NunoOut

Its a shame that no matter how good Nuno might become, he’ll eventually run out of steam when Levy doesnt back him, and all the Levy supporters will turn on him and he’ll get thrown under the bus.

like fucking clockwork

Back
Top Bottom