Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've said it in the City match thread, this dude will be a really good asset to our team and he's the player we needed for a couple of seasons. He is not afraid to receive the ball and try to dribble the defenders, beat them and try ambitious passes (see Lamela assist) or shoots. I can't wait to see him play more and improve under Poch.

Yeah, I have no doubt he'll start against Monaco back in France.

Will be interesting to see the line up actually. A win would really put is in a great position. Wimmer, Trippier and Rose will probaby be guaranteed starters in the back four. Hopefully we partner Wimmer with one of Vertonghen or Alderweireld as opposed to Fazio.

I really want to see Dier rested. Considering he's one booking away from suspension in the Premier League, it'll be nice to play a match without him and see how we can adapt our style. Hopefully one of Mason or Dembele will be back for this, although may be a bit early to get a start. Alli deserves a break too.

Chadli will probably get a start. With Njie also playing the other two spots could go to anyone. Perhaps a rare Onomah start? Pritchard hopefully back in contention.

Has looked better and better in his cameos so far. That flick to make space for Lamela's goal against City was class.

Is it me, or does he only have one facial expression, one of mild surprise, it's like he just woke up and realised he's a professional football player and he's about to go on?

We need a smiley of it.

Last edited:
Clinton-Njie-609075.jpg

296198.jpg

9O7h4EK.png

I can't wait to see him score and see if his facial expression changes.

"Clinton, you're a dad!" :clintonohshit:
"It's there, Clinton scores" :clintonohshit:

"Oh no, he's been shot":clintonohshit:

"Clinton, your puppy has died after Diego Costa ran over him. He's really sorry." :clintonohshit:

It's early days but I don't know what to make of Clinton. He has had some very bright moments in his cameos but he also has looked very raw and not ready for PL action. Personally, I still feel more comfortable with Townsend in the team and I am NO fan of Townsend at all which is saying something.

It's early days but I don't know what to make of Clinton. He has had some very bright moments in his cameos but he also has looked very raw and not ready for PL action. Personally, I still feel more comfortable with Townsend in the team and I am NO fan of Townsend at all which is saying something.
I'd play N'Jie over Townsend as he looks like he has a lot of potential and playing games will only help him. He can offer moments of brilliance although he offers lots of moments of frustration as well!

I think they're both at the same level really, in terms of offering pace and an unpredictable end result. Towsend is more 'polished' as a player, but it's like for like to me.

I'd play N'Jie over Townsend as he looks like he has a lot of potential and playing games will only help him. He can offer moments of brilliance although he offers lots of moments of frustration as well!
Fair analysis really and like I said not a big Townsend fan but I guess fear of the known outweighs fear of the unknown for me at the moment. Was hoping Clinton could get eased in with Europa and some cup games but injuries may force our hand.

I think he should start against Anderlecht, but I think his cameo against Liverpool showed why Poch hasn't put him in the starting lineup right away. Looks like a work in progress type player, albeit with good potential.

Let's face it... HAD his sublime 'outside of the boot shot' actually curled in against Liverpool, the clamour for him to start every game from now on would be deafening!!
He's clearly got ability... then again, so has Lamela... I just hope it doesn't take ANOTHER 2 seasons before Clinton starts proving it!

If Clinton had tucked that outside of boot shot away it would be a wankfest on here! Far more potential than Andros, Clinton like Son will hopefully genuinely contribute with goals from the 3 behind

Back
Top Bottom