Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's face it... HAD his sublime 'outside of the boot shot' actually curled in against Liverpool, the clamour for him to start every game from now on would be deafening!!
He's clearly got ability... then again, so has Lamela... I just hope it doesn't take ANOTHER 2 seasons before Clinton starts proving it!
Good point.
That's exactly what we need, someone who's not afraid to take the shot quick. One of his just went just over the bar too.
We knew when we signed him he was raw, and far from the finished article though.
He will only get used to the PL by playing. As long as he is bedded in gently, I think he will be ok.

Perhaps...Chelsea?
Chelsea Clinton?
Chelsea-Clinton.jpg

To be fair he looked lively and as this is his first start I thought he played well in the forward role. He also got stuck in and did shy away from closing down. He needs more game time and maybe his talent ( which he has ) will shine through.
#postivespursfan

Lively but with a shocking first touch and practially zero control of the ball. Needs to play with the ball in front of him running on to it for sure, so playing him wide makes more sense to me... I guess he was only playing up front as we have no other options with Son out

I thought he was absolutely terrible today. His close control was practically nonexistent and towards the end he looked like he was going to foul every person in that stadium!

I thought he was absolutely terrible today. His close control was practically nonexistent and towards the end he looked like he was going to foul every person in that stadium!
Yep I thought he was pretty shocking his first touch was abysmal. That being said I will cut the lad some slack because he was played out of position. The match just affirmed what I thought already and that is he is far from a finished article and he shouldn't be more than a late sub in PL matches at the moment. You can still see flashes of what he can become but he is very raw.

One thing to add I thought Onomah looked far better when he came on than N'Jie. I know they don't play exactly the same position but just another reminder that what we buy abroad isn't always better than what we have developed from our academy. I would venture to say Pritchard is further along in his development than Clinton as well.

Last edited:
What's happened to Clinton tonight? Did he get injured in the warm up or something?
Do you know, I totally forgot about him! No mention of him bring in the squad and then dropped, so I can only assume Poch forgot about him too!!

Playing Thursday most probably... maybe Pich will want SOME fresh legs for a game of such importance. We can't leave it all to Harry... especially with You Know Who three days later!!

Back
Top Bottom