Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With time on my hands at work i got on a Lyon forum and asked what the kid was about. Got this back:

They will be getting a very interesting player that needs time to gel in. Don't know how will he end up, but I doubt it that he will succeed at Tottenham.

His teammates like him. He is not as timid as it seems, he has a lot of selfconfidence and a good attitude.
Reason to why OL is selling is said to be that his style isn't what Fournier wants. Laca&Fékir likes to dribble around before they try to score. Njie isn't interested in the upbuilding work. He scored 7 and made 7 assists with OL last season. And is a coming man in Cameruns NT. The new Eto'o they say

Interesting. It sounds how he looks really. "not interested in the upbuilding work" is a good thing in my mind, i think we can be too patient, and sometimes need a player in the attacking third to just run at the defender. Having said that, Poch likes a bit of patience i think, so not sure how it will all work out.

Bags of pace and supposedly a very good presser. Even if he's very raw those are two things we definitely need.

Having seen a minimal amount of him he reminds me of Sadio Mane, another Mitchell signing.

I wonder if you'll have to pay for the ' separately if you want N'jie printed on the back of your shirt...

:levystare:
:levylol:
As I noted here:
http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/fo...ned-clinton-njie-yet.15192/page-2#post-840928
In France—on his shirt, in the media, etc.—there is no ', and that language loves ' probably more than English does. So I say go native and write his name "NJIE" on the shirt.

(Yes, I know it's not a French name, but it's written according to French rules of pronunciation, same as "Chadli", which in English would be written "Shadli", as it comes from "شاذلي".)

And Moammar Qaddafi can be spelled about 800 different ways.
Yes, but that's since his name has phonemes that don't exist in English. ش is pronounced like the English "sh" full stop. And that sound is written in French "ch", like in "château" or "Chartres".

(NB: the "d" in "Chadli" *is* like the "dd" in "Qaddafi," and that doesn't exist in English, either)

Last edited:
He came to White Hart Lane
We cant pronounce his name
I think we can...
080211015327_l.jpg

N'Jie!!

Back
Top Bottom