Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one who watched this?

Hopefully that was a bad game because he looks fucking awful.

You can pick out a game where a player had a bad game for just about every player out there, including most world class players. Especially when young.

The reasuring things from this video is that in his bad game it is not because he goes missing, far from it, he was involved quite a bit. And that is what you get with good young players who are inconsistant and still learning.

Note that he had a shocker but still managed to provide an assist for the first goal. And also a second but the striker fluffed it up. Oh, and then he got a penalty with the other side's player getting sent off, so potentially another assist there too. Not bad for a bad game, in my view.

Cabaye, Shakiri and Koplyanka not good enough, big clubs haven't come in so there must be a problem but.....N'Jie who hasn't even had a full season as first choice in France; wahoooooo!
development a strange word but if we can buy reasonable and develop the way Southampton did why the instant world beaters ,until we get 60,000 a week and Champion lge every season seems to me that transfer sanity may have arrived at the Lane,now we need to support and back we berate those red cunts and chavs we are Spurs and i would hope better than that .DEVELOPMENT how the fuck did we judge footballers before OPTA for fuck sake Scout search research get and develop .

You can pick out a game where a player had a bad game for just about every player out there, including most world class players. Especially when young.

The reasuring things from this video is that in his bad game it is not because he goes missing, far from it, he was involved quite a bit. And that is what you get with good young players who are inconsistant and still learning.

Note that he had a shocker but still managed to provide an assist for the first goal. And also a second but the striker fluffed it up. Oh, and then he got a penalty with the other side's player getting sent off, so potentially another assist there too. Not bad for a bad game, in my view.

Yeah true, I was just surprised at the lack of responses to it seeing as the first minute or two consists of him misplacing passes and generally looking quite shit.

However at 21 I guess this is an investment rather than the finished article, plus pace is very welcome in our team as a few times last weekend we were on the break and could have benefited from a player capable of running behind the defence.

'I hold in my hand a piece of paper' :)
collegehumor.a85e452d19753ac7e66424b02388c5ea.jpg

Jean Michel Aulas: 2012 Lloris 'Levy keeps moving the goalposts' deal:
“It’s been very, very difficult. I’ve got 25 years of experience as a president of a club and it’s our 16th participation in a European competition in a row. But this is very rare in the football world. The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years.”

Jean Miche Aulas: 2015 Njie:
'we are close to a deal. I want to thank Mr Levy for making a coherent/respectable offer'
I wonder if the people who love to continually repost the original quote will now start to reference the new one.

“It’s been very, very difficult. I’ve got 25 years of experience as a president of a club and it’s our 16th participation in a European competition in a row. But this is very rare in the football world. The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years.”

'we are close to a deal. I want to thank Mr Levy for making a coherent/respectable offer'
Surely he irony of that statement heading can't have been lost on anyone...? :llorishuh:
goalposts.... :llorisserious:

Lloris??? :llorisserious:

...aw forgeddit! :pocheyes:

Am I the only one who watched this?

Hopefully that was a bad game because he looks fucking awful.

Just watched the video. Not saying your minds been made up but anyone that watched this and now thinks the lads dogshit has got to be a total bellend.

He's 20-21 ffs....Lets get a 5 minute video of Paulinho, a player who starred in the centre of a Brazil midfield, or Soldado, a striker who played up front at times when Spain held the World and Euro titles.

The lad clearly had a mare in the game. Still managed an assist and to win a penalty but made a few woeful passes and some poor touches.....but he looks quick as fuck and was involved in a lot.

I'm sure he will only get better and I'm trusting in Mitch and Poch to have signed a gem.

Lyon and Tottenham have agreed a fee on Clinton, but there are some formalities delaying the deal.

Aulas stated earlier that he was greatful for Levy's respectful offer, however he was concerned over 2 things:

1. The terms of the payment (already agreed)

2. Whether a deal could be agreed on Fazio.

More details on this...

Lyon president takes a sly dig at Daniel Levy for Tottenhams coherent Clinton N’Jie bid [RMC Sport]
It’s not officially confirmed, but Tottenham appear to have sealed the deal to sign Clinton N’Jie from Lyon.

On Wednesday morning, French daily L’Equipe confirmed that the clubs have struck a deal for the 21-year-old forward.

Tottenham have had a €14m offer, plus an additional €3m in add-ons, accepted by Lyon for N’Jie, while L’Equipe added that the striker is set to arrive in London this week to wrap up personal terms.

On Wednesday afternoon, French outlet RMC Sport spoke directly with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas about a series of recent stories coming out from Lyon, and that included a discussion about N’Jie.

Jean-Michel Aulas did not say that the deal was signed, sealed and delivered, but he did say the following:

I’ve had Daniel Levy on the phone many times.

We’ve increased the recruitment of our new players first. We did not need a financial injections to enable us to do our recruitment. But we’ve ended our recruitment, and now we will take consideration [of N’Jie].

We are close to an agreement. Much has progressed. I want to thank Daniel Levy for having a coherent offer. Things can change from one moment to the next. I’m also expecting a call from the United States, where he [Levy] is currently, to try to move forward.

While Aulas’s comments about Levy could be innocent, many think he was having a sly dig at Tottenham’s deal broker with his “coherent” and “things can change” comments.

Aulas has faced off against Levy in the past, when Hugo Lloris joined Tottenham in 2012.

Those negotiations were tough, and Aulas publicly slagged off Levy at the time:

We have had people speaking all night with Daniel Levy. He talks a lot and goes back on what we’ve agreed in writing. The things as they were at 5am were not the same at 10am.

The negotiation with the Tottenham directors has been the hardest I have ever had to undergo in these 25 years.

We had email exchanges which have been contradicted, so that’s made it very complicated. It’s difficult. The Tottenham board’s theory is to explain that the economic market is very hard and so we have to get used to renegotiating.

Let's just wrap this up. From my extensive research on YouTube clips, Clinton is the man. He is as fast as Rooney. He scores more than David Beckham & has agreed not to go to spai n ever. Even on holiday. And he will make many water on Poch head when we make it to United land of champions

With time on my hands at work i got on a Lyon forum and asked what the kid was about. Got this back:

They will be getting a very interesting player that needs time to gel in. Don't know how will he end up, but I doubt it that he will succeed at Tottenham.

His teammates like him. He is not as timid as it seems, he has a lot of selfconfidence and a good attitude.
Reason to why OL is selling is said to be that his style isn't what Fournier wants. Laca&Fékir likes to dribble around before they try to score. Njie isn't interested in the upbuilding work. He scored 7 and made 7 assists with OL last season. And is a coming man in Cameruns NT. The new Eto'o they say

Back
Top Bottom