Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.5%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 90 21.6%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 71 17.1%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Fuck me, how did I muddle that up???

But remember the plan after Sherwood was supposed to be LVG, who, shock horror, ended up taking a different offer...

We then lucked in with Poch, and this is one of my big gripes, I don't want our future prospects to be determined entirely by chance, I want it to be by design!
Yes, if you were Nagelsmann, why would you agree to anything now unless you were absolutely desperate for the job (which I doubt he is).

There's no option for Nuno
7g19ae.jpg

Yes, if you were Nagelsmann, why would you agree to anything now unless you were absolutely desperate for the job (which I doubt he is).

If he had wanted to try a job like Spurs before Bayern and feels like he still wants to answer that question, getting straight back on the horse at 35 and also having a point to prove and 2 fingers to stick up at Bayern?

I could def see him wanting the job. Maybe agree a pre-contract and then start in the summer.

Nagelsmann also uses 3 2 4 1 and 3151 a lot apparently.

Tbh it sounds like he has that Pep thing going where the formation doesn't matter as much as the system.
He does. The 4222 also was something he stopped after the World Cup because of squad issues. It was more the approach around it. It wasn’t a positional thing as much as a role-based idea, which I think makes more sense as instead of telling a player “you stay here and make these movements;” a player gets told “you do these things.” Which makes a better use of an individual player’s skills.

He does. The 4222 also was something he stopped after the World Cup because of squad issues. It was more the approach around it. It wasn’t a positional thing as much as a role-based idea, which I think makes more sense as instead of telling a player “you stay here and make these movements;” a player gets told “you do these things.” Which makes a better use of an individual player’s skills.
Sounds much more like coaching than the drill sergeant approach that Conte comes with.

Sounds much more like coaching than the drill sergeant approach that Conte comes with.
Precisely. It seems like a much more intelligent use of the players on hand, by letting them express themselves in a system that has a point. The automatisms are definitely something which are getting found out as it limits your attacking players to do very predictable things that are a lot easier to coach against.

Precisely. It seems like a much more intelligent use of the players on hand, by letting them express themselves in a system that has a point. The automatisms are definitely something which are getting found out as it limits your attacking players to do very predictable things that are a lot easier to coach against.
Great for short term results but seems like Conte windows are getting shorter and shorter.

I wonder if he tweaks the automatisms each team or if you know his system, you know it everywhere

Why not?

Nagelsmann would be probably more happy at Spurs than at Bayern or Madrid. He likes building something.
He is 35 spent 7 years in management. He spent 3 at Hoffenheim where he managed to get them CL. Then he managed Leipzig for 2. And got them 2nd and 3rd about what you expect. Finally spent under two years at Bayern and won the league with Lewandowski. To be honest apart from his time at Hoffenheim I am not actually that impressed especially since everything has been done in the Bundesliga.

Back
Top Bottom