Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Where are these people getting their tickets? Because for any half decent match the season tickets alone mean fuck all left for OneHotspur+

I reckon 80-90%+ of specators would be pretty aware. I don't think that's the big issue.
They all get sold on the resale platform by season ticket holders as soon as the one Hotspur members tickets have sold. How do you not know this?

That’s why the stadium is an absolute shitshow, it’s beyond embarrassing. I took a South American pal to the Milan game. He was like WTAF, nice looking stadium but where are the supporters? Dead club, buried by the greedy tax avoiding locusts for their 5BN

Very good point. They've known since the world cup he wasnt signing for another season and yet here we are.
Correct. And then straight after the WC it was obvious he was teetering, unhappy and prob wouldn’t last the season. Still no contingency plan and therefore, here we are again. Another season ended with a caretaker manager (two this time!!!)

They all get sold on the resale platform by season ticket holders as soon as the one Hotspur members tickets have sold. How do you not know this?

That’s why the stadium is an absolute shitshow, it’s beyond embarrassing. I took a South American pal to the Milan game. He was like WTAF, nice looking stadium but where are the supporters? Dead club, buried by the greedy tax avoiding locusts for their 5BN

Maybe for the shitty matches but for the decent ones it's still hard to get tickets in my experience - except for singles.

The only reason a new manager hasnt been appointed today is because the one we are going to sign is involved in a cup final still. Theres no other valid reason.

So who could it be ?!!! Its David Moyes!

I still don't expect any movement any time soon.

Nobody wants to work with Levy, his reputation precedes him now. Levy, to be fair, knows this which is why he has hired Munn to work as Chief Football Officer and put Levy even further away from football decision-making. Unfortunately Munn hasn't started yet and we still need a DoF to replace Paratici, I'm sure every manager we have spoken to has asked "who will I report to?" and we cannot give them an answer.

Why would anyone take a job without knowing who their boss will be? It's yet another criminal failure of foresight with regard to the Paratici situation but with no DoF nobody will take the job. The football structure has to be in place before we hire a manager and it has to be one with a long-term, modern vision that will last beyond any one manager.

The only reason a new manager hasnt been appointed today is because the one we are going to sign is involved in a cup final still. Theres no other valid reason.

I doubt they've even decided yet. I'm half expecting a completely futile move for De Zerbi this week and once he properly commits to Brighton being left with Postecoglou and Luis Enrique. They'll be too embarrassed to go for Potter and Rodgers but you cant rule anyone out of the clownshoe search.

What happened? We’ve obviously done deals with him for Nuno and Jose? Think Doc is his player too
Well, there is this.

Everything t hat's wrong with modern football.

Started badly, finished even worse when we had to tear up Doherty's contact.

Wot a clusterfuck.

----------------------------------------

Hidden fee Tottenham 'paid Jorge Mendes' to complete Matt Doherty transfer​

Mendes represented all three parties in the transfer of Doherty from Tottenham to Wolves - both of whom are managed by personnel among his Gestifute Agency's client base

Tottenham reportedly paid super agent Jorge Mendes a staggering £6million in order to complete the transfer of his client Matt Doherty from Wolves.

The Irish full-back completed his switch to Spurs in the summer in a deal believed to be worth £16m.

However, details of the agreement between both clubs were never fully publicised, with the cost of the transfer simply stated at the time as 'undisclosed'.

Now Football Insider have shone fresh light on the workings behind the scenes, and allege that Mendes pocketed the handsome fee for his role as mediator.

That means Wolves actually only received a cash sum of £10m to part company with Doherty, who was a first-team regular.

Mendes is an advisor to Wolves' owners Fosun International, while also representing Doherty, his former boss Nuno Espirito Santo and current Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho.

It is not uncommon for agents to work on behalf of all three parties in a transfer, but the size of Mendes' remuneration will no doubt leave a sour taste in the mouth of Wolves' fans.

Doherty has hardly set the world alight in North London either in his 24 appearances for the club so far.

Pundit Roy Keane criticised his fellow countryman ahead of Tottenham's win over Burnley on Sunday.

"Doherty's playing for Wolves who the last year have done well and they're expecting to compete. They sell him to Spurs for £15m," Keane said.

"Does anyone really think Doherty is going to turn Spurs into a top-four team? Doherty? Doherty? Really?"

Hidden fee Tottenham 'paid Jorge Mendes' to complete Matt Doherty transfer

Gosh We soon forget. People blaming Poch for not approaching Spurs. Are you Nuts? The Man was treated like a Leper by Mr Levy. He wasn't backed when he asked for backing, he said Spurs would crumble and for almost 2 seasons no transfers. Yip, he should've approached The dictator and pleaded for his job back. I'm not glad he went to the Blue Team but I am glad he has a new club to manage. I really wanna know how some are gonna feel if Kane decides to join him there. Only one man to blame for the Shit Show........

LEVY :levystare: AND ENIC OUT!!!!!! IF YOU NOT SCREAMING THIS AS YET, TIME TO HAVE YOUR HEAD CHECKED. :mourfinger: :contethumb: :pochsmirk:.
This is complete supposition. No one knows if Levy approached Poch and Poch rejected us or if Levy ignored Poch. People are making up facts to suit their own narratives.

The reason Brendan Rodgers has not yet been appointed was because Levy knew there would be protests inside and outside the stadium, before during and after all the remaining league fixtures.

This would have undermined Rodgers from the off and these things can gather pace.

Rodgers will be appointed before the end of June.

There will be anger but this will be limited to internet forums and youtube histrionics.

About a week after Rodgers arrives several players will sign for Spurs.

Maddison & Barnes and the Brentford goalkeeper.

The universal dismay about Rodgers being appointed will now begin to fracture.

The happy clapper, replica shirt wearing, client reference numbers, who renewed on time, will begin to mumble about things 'not being too bad' after all.

One Hotspur memberships and season ticket renewals / purchases will increase at this point.

Levy will watch the numbers.

There may be further incoming transfers if Levy thinks it will sell Rodgers and more tickets to the less militant and 'moderate' clientele.

He may get away with it to.

My opinion. Forget Nagelsmann and that kind of manager. No chance we can attract an elite manager and DOF, or whatever none you want to call it. Sorry, do not want to kill your dreams. This club is fckd as of today. All down to one person. Obviously we will get an underwhelming manager and DOF. Don’t get your hopes up. Ange Postecoglou is interested to talk. But that’s as far as it goes.

herc again

about the one time i agree with the sod

My opinion. Forget Nagelsmann and that kind of manager. No chance we can attract an elite manager and DOF, or whatever none you want to call it. Sorry, do not want to kill your dreams. This club is fckd as of today. All down to one person. Obviously we will get an underwhelming manager and DOF. Don’t get your hopes up. Ange Postecoglou is interested to talk. But that’s as far as it goes.

herc again

about the one time i agree with the sod

That fact that you agree with this cunt says more about you.

But why Loputegi when Luis Enrique has been right there?

Nit saying that just because they are Spanish but because they play similar style but Luis Enrique is much better suited to this squad.

Not sure how Enrique is better suited to our squad.
Isn't he a bit of a checkbook manager?
Loputegi on the other hand, he took over wolves when they were bottom at Christmas, and kept them up.
He'd be perfect for our squad next season

Chavs make Poch official the day after the season. Bayern sacks their DoF the day they win the title and have a new one in place one day later. Meanwhile at Tottenham Hotspur
Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

Back
Top Bottom