Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
And here's Fabrizio Romano saying the Slot deal collapsed because we don't have a DoF structure in place, and because we weren't prepared to pay 15 million or more compensation to Feyonoord.

This patently was not smoke without fire. Levy & Munn made a move for Slot, didn't do their due diligence, and were publicly humiliated.

The useless tossers.

So which is it? No DOF or fee?

Because they are completely different things.

Also, Slot himself said not body got as far as discussing a fee.

I actually have gave up now. I honestly don’t think the powers that be have a clue who they want.
Penny pinching for managers is something we haven’t done before but now it looks like we are.
For slot to come out and say that he spoke to clubs but there wasn’t a serious offer is actually ludicrous on our part. For Nagelsmann to not even have been offered defies logic.
So basically we are looking for a cheap manager and bargain players who aren’t good enough for us to play them in one of the best stadiums in the world and give them the best training facilities possible.
That makes a lot of sense Levy.
Was meant to be going today but fuck that travelling 3 and half hours there and back to watch us be shite and get attacked by their cretinous fans!

I don’t know what would be worse just now,the silence coming from the club or if they put out a statement of lies to tell us all is in hand.

Maybe we are fickle and there is a master plan in place. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Romano said both.

OK - Devil's Advocate. Are you arguing that we made no approach at all for Slot?

I definitely don’t think we made any concrete move, no.

I think if we really wanted him, he’d be ours. And I don’t think it would cost 15m and even if it did, that wouldn’t be a deal breaker. We paid Conte 30m for two years work.

I think if we really wanted him, he’d be ours. And I don’t think it would cost 15m and even if it did, that wouldn’t be a deal breaker. We paid Conte 30m for two years work.
I don't share your confidence in Levy & Munn's abilities & competence.

So, if they're not after Slot, who is their target? Another run at Nagelsmann? Luis Enrique?

Appointing Rodgers is not going to stop Levy getting booed by fans & told to get out of the stadium he & ENIC built.

i think 15 million would be a deal breaker and rightly so.

On Conte we paid him 15 million for a season's work . Not sure any part of this season counts as endeavour unless we are paying for ranting and calling out.

I don't share your confidence in Levy & Munn's abilities & competence.

So, if they're not after Slot, who is their target? Another run at Nagelsmann? Luis Enrique?

Appointing Rodgers is not going to stop Levy getting booed by fans & told to get out of the stadium he & ENIC built.
Agree. You dont issue statements like they did to the friendly press about Naglesmann unless you think you have someone else sorted. Why on earth rule anyone out if its all to be decided? They didnt want (probably) Slot to be seen as 2nd choice to Naglesmann so distanced themselves.

from prof on coys

Literally nothing concrete here, or anything any of us couldn't have written, but for what it's worth, this is from Galahad.

Discussions with reps of option #2 continue.
Discussions with reps of option #3 opened.
The former quite a bit ahead of the latter as they had started (in general outline) before #1's decision became public.
If all goes well with #2, expect to hear specifics soon.
We were contacted by associates of someone who's already pied us - can't see us giving them that opportunity again.

wonder if it was JN thats contacted us again or enrique

looks grim anyway

option 2 had to be slot so i dont understand that at all all bullshit like usual

Poch was sacked by us. So he's moved on, unlike us!
Personally I wish him the best at whatever job he takes and shall always remember what he did for us. Saying "f**k him" shows a level of complete ingratitude for taking us higher than we've been for so many years.
Good luck Poch!!

Poch was sacked by us. So he's moved on, unlike us!
Personally I wish him the best at whatever job he takes and shall always remember what he did for us. Saying "f**k him" shows a level of complete ingratitude for taking us higher than we've been for so many years.
Good luck Poch!!
I have all the appreciation for the work he did here. I don't even begrudge him going to Chelsea.

But fuck him for as long as he is with those neo nazis.

Back
Top Bottom