New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still hope that's bollocks. I'd be surprised if we had 2,500 N17 residents on the list, barring the JCL croud who've signed up in the last 5 minutes.

Because what's the difference? You can become a member today, be at #73,438 then suddenly you're #2,500.

Perhaps if they gave 500 to people who are in the top 10,000 already it wouldn't be such a grind but 2,500 to anyone on the list is still bullshit.

I reiterate; in April I'll have been on the list for 10 years, paying for that privilege every single season, and I'm currently around 4,750th. I can't find any justification in someone rocking up this week and jumping immediately ahead of me just because they live a mile or two from the stadium.
I like you was on the ST list for 9 or 10yrs, finally got mine 3 or 4yrs ago, so I 100% get where you're coming form. That said I also see the benefits of having that local connection, it is the life blood of the club today and for years to come. Huge swathes of our fanbase today live out in the home counties, they spend more time slagging off the area, looking down on those that live there labelling them as some kind of peasants as they waft in and out in their Range Rovers. I fucking hate that.

Look at the clubs around the World who boast some of the most passionate vocal support and all of them can count on that as a "local" fanbase. Quite often these clubs and their supporters are from areas that have been neglected etc. It is their belonging, their reason to be proud of where they are from, part of their identity, an ideological and may be romantic escape from a deprived background. Having arguments with Woolwich fans about not belonging in North London looses it's honesty when the Spurs guy holding that argument has been born and breed in Huntingdon or some such place. For me there has to be tickets for local population, even more so given the sate of most PL clubs attract more and more fans from outside their traditional catchment areas, this is one of the main reasons for the disconnections that is felt by many IMO. I know a fair few people in and around Broadwater Farm who think it utter lunacy to pay to be on a waiting list, who can't justify doing such a thing. Yet they are more passionate about Tottenham than most of the people I see at The Lane.

At least you know you will get your ST by the New Stadium is built, probably become available next year given we will be at Wembley??

I like you was on the ST list for 9 or 10yrs, finally got mine 3 or 4yrs ago, so I 100% get where you're coming form. That said I also see the benefits of having that local connection, it is the life blood of the club today and for years to come. Huge swathes of our fanbase today live out in the home counties, they spend more time slagging off the area, looking down on those that live there labelling them as some kind of peasants as they waft in and out in their Range Rovers. I fucking hate that.

Look at the clubs around the World who boast some of the most passionate vocal support and all of them can count on that as a "local" fanbase. Quite often these clubs and their supporters are from areas that have been neglected etc. It is their belonging, their reason to be proud of where they are from, part of their identity, an ideological and may be romantic escape from a deprived background. Having arguments with Woolwich fans about not belonging in North London looses it's honesty when the Spurs guy holding that argument has been born and breed in Huntingdon or some such place. For me there has to be tickets for local population, even more so given the sate of most PL clubs attract more and more fans from outside their traditional catchment areas, this is one of the main reasons for the disconnections that is felt by many IMO. I know a fair few people in and around Broadwater Farm who think it utter lunacy to pay to be on a waiting list, who can't justify doing such a thing. Yet they are more passionate about Tottenham than most of the people I see at The Lane.

At least you know you will get your ST by the New Stadium is built, probably become available next year given we will be at Wembley??

I get it, I do, I just disagree with this scale of a move at this time. I don't get the feeling that there are actually that many Spurs fans in Harringey, in fact most of the younger guys in that area seem to be Woolwich - I don't think we're that local a "local club". I've no idea though, I'd love to see the demographics of our ST & member base.

I'm not strictly local myself, I'm from Wycombe, but I still consider that to be nearby - I mean it's what, 25 miles away? If you were born 25 miles away from Notts Forest's ground could you not consider yourself a local? If you're from Cheshunt, Enfield etc., should you be pushed back for someone living 3 miles closer than you? It's all too much of a gray area for my liking.

I hope you are right that I get offered a ST for next season, as then I'll be ahead of any extras when choosing seats at NWHL. I'm not counting any chickens over that one though.

I get it, I do, I just disagree with this scale of a move at this time. I don't get the feeling that there are actually that many Spurs fans in Harringey, in fact most of the younger guys in that area seem to be Woolwich - I don't think we're that local a "local club". I've no idea though, I'd love to see the demographics of our ST & member base.

I'm not strictly local myself, I'm from Wycombe, but I still consider that to be nearby - I mean it's what, 25 miles away? If you were born 25 miles away from Notts Forest's ground could you not consider yourself a local? If you're from Cheshunt, Enfield etc., should you be pushed back for someone living 3 miles closer than you? It's all too much of a gray area for my liking.

I hope you are right that I get offered a ST for next season, as then I'll be ahead of any extras when choosing seats at NWHL. I'm not counting any chickens over that one though.
I've no idea on numbers myself, just go by my circle of friends and acquaintances in Tottenham and Edmonton really. Not one of them goes to a game unless they can pick a cheap EL game, or if like last night tickets at Wembley are priced so cheaply. Thing is when you know you can't afford to go you stop looking, once you stop looking you don't get to hear of deals. None of my friends I speak of knew about cheap tickets at Wembley until they were made aware of them. It's just as much a habit of not going than it is to us that go.

Good luck with the ST, once I was down to1,500 or so in the queue it moved quicker than it had done in the previous 10yrs!! I think I was around that number just before the season started, then out of know where I was contacted and offered an ST, we had already played our first game of the season and I had already renewed an executive membership, which was all a bit odd. if we go to Wembley don't see any issues at all.

I'm from Haringey (muswell hill) and my area is filled with spurs fans. I can say the same for hornsey N8 and Woodgreen. Also have a significant amount of family and colleagues in Tottenham and they are mostly all spurs ( a few plastic man u). Work in Hackney and there are a lot of spurs there as well.

I'm from Haringey (muswell hill) and my area is filled with spurs fans. I can say the same for hornsey N8 and Woodgreen. Also have a significant amount of family and colleagues in Tottenham and they are mostly all spurs ( a few plastic man u). Work in Hackney and there are a lot of spurs there as well.

My experience of growing up in muswell hill was 3 out of 4 cunts were gooners
:klinsmann:
Probably what made me the anti-social wanka I am today

There is one thing being a Spurs supporter, it is another having the time and funds to buy a Season ticket. Unless they give them away cheap do not expect locals to buy season tickets unless they are probably already on the list.

I do hope with the extra capacity that Season ticket holders will realise that it will be easier to get tickets. The extra supporters going to Wembley will shrink and we will be left with a larger hardcore supporter base than at present. However if people think that by buying a Season ticket to sell match tickets at inflated prices is a way to make money they may be disappointed. I hope only real supporters intending to go a lot will buy the extra tickets regardless of whether they are locals. I also hope that more tickets are available on General sale for those supporters like myself that can only go sometimes.

I do hope with the extra capacity that Season ticket holders will realise that it will be easier to get tickets. The extra supporters going to Wembley will shrink and we will be left with a larger hardcore supporter base than at present. However if people think that by buying a Season ticket to sell match tickets at inflated prices is a way to make money they may be disappointed. I hope only real supporters intending to go a lot will buy the extra tickets regardless of whether they are locals. I also hope that more tickets are available on General sale for those supporters like myself that can only go sometimes.
:avbcringe:

Do you come in the Mossy well? As working there and kitchens full of plastic man u fans , and nice to meet another spurs fan in area 2bh

Back
Top Bottom