New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone know what the deal is with Haringey residents being offered season tickets if they're in the waiting list? I'm around 20k on the waiting list but live 5 min walk from the stadium. I heard they were offering 5,000 local residents the chance to buy season tickets.

Come on John - you really do want it both ways. You acted like a tit, and got a bit of flak back. Be the bigger man here. Why keep calling out other posters?
Come on Joe, I've seen the funny side myself and made many self mocking posts in this thread. This fucking toddler just can't seem to let it go. In fact he brings it up in virtually every single thread. But to be honest, it's just a forum, so I couldn't really give fuck.

Come on Joe, I've seen the funny side myself and made many self mocking posts in this thread. This fucking toddler just can't seem to let it go. In fact he brings it up in virtually every single thread. But to be honest, it's just a forum, so I couldn't really give fuck.
I wish I could believe your insouciance. Sleep well John Thomas.

Interesting that you fail to see the hypocrisy of an opinion repeated over and over again.

You remind me a lot of Gibbs in that respect; an innocent victim with no awareness. Throwing insults because you don't have humility.

Feel free to find how often I've "brought it up" and if it really is in "every single thread"; it might help.

Anyone know what the deal is with Haringey residents being offered season tickets if they're in the waiting list? I'm around 20k on the waiting list but live 5 min walk from the stadium. I heard they were offering 5,000 local residents the chance to buy season tickets.
I hope this happens as I am life time haringey resident and would love a cheeky que jump. I know the gooners did something similar with Islington residents

I hope we don't do this silly "tickets for residents" like West Ham or anyone else. Just look at what happens at the Olympic stadium. You get other teams shirts in the home ends. Completely antagonistic.

I remember well when we play Woolwich at home the local shop owners love to display their Woolwich shirts. Fuck them.

Can anyone confirm if this is right? About the tickets for locals??

I hope this happens as I am life time haringey resident and would love a cheeky que jump. I know the gooners did something similar with Islington residents

Part of me thinks that it's surely a given, what with the stadium being tied heavily to "Area Development" clauses?

Given that I've spent the last ten years paying to be on the waiting list I'd be royally fucked off if people were allowed to jump the queue now.

Spam and Goons did it because they had no waiting list and were trying to fill spots. We don't have that issue; it would be grossly unfair to offer it to local residents ahead of the long term members.

As we've seen with other clubs there's no guarantee that 'locals' are actually fans. They'll go straight on to Stubhub.

That's the problem. I don't know how the Season Tickets currently work out when you can't go, but if there's not a maximum number of stubs you can sell, there should be.

i.e. if a ST gets you, say, 20 games on average a season, you should only be able to sell maybe 4 match tickets. Stops a ST being a sub-contracted tout.

Assuming there's nothing like that already.

I'm both son.:dembelelol:
Given that I've spent the last ten years paying to be on the waiting list I'd be royally fucked off if people were allowed to jump the queue now.

Spam and Goons did it because they had no waiting list and were trying to fill spots. We don't have that issue; it would be grossly unfair to offer it to local residents ahead of the long term members.

That's the problem. I don't know how the Season Tickets currently work out when you can't go, but if there's not a maximum number of stubs you can sell, there should be.

i.e. if a ST gets you, say, 20 games on average a season, you should only be able to sell maybe 4 match tickets. Stops a ST being a sub-contracted tout.

Assuming there's nothing like that already.

Or not being allowed to charge more than FV - that's what gets me. FV and a small admin fee would be fair. As you say it's just touting at the moment. I'm astonished that the club endorses (nay, actively promotes) the scheme.

I hope we don't do this silly "tickets for residents" like West Ham or anyone else. Just look at what happens at the Olympic stadium. You get other teams shirts in the home ends. Completely antagonistic.

I remember well when we play Woolwich at home the local shop owners love to display their Woolwich shirts. Fuck them.

Can anyone confirm if this is right? About the tickets for locals??
they did that Because Newham are their partners they give the tickets away to anyone, this was part of the terms of the loan they offered.

Back
Top Bottom