New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True, but I guess it's another one of Boris' "You can't build your shiney stadium unless the locals benefit" things
What about local residents who are on the waiting list, and have been for 5 or more years, getting priority? Would there be objections to that.
Anyway, this local thing is nether here nor there really. There are locals in Waltham Forest and Hackney. Just as much local as Wood Green and much more than Archway and Crouch end.

What about local residents who are on the waiting list, and have been for 5 or more years, getting priority? Would there be objections to that.
Anyway, this local thing is nether here nor there really. There are locals in Waltham Forest and Hackney. Just as much local as Wood Green and much more than Archway and Crouch end.

I don't know what is classified as "local", but I expect there would perhaps be a filter of the existing list that would be applied - not sure. It was in the Haringey council planning documents

Levy restaurants UK getting the catering deal for 10 yrs.
They mention jockey club, Wimbledon and twickenham as other places they cater for on the OS, but don't mention they also do Chelsea Hospitality and Sheffield Utd

Totally agree with you, Haringey is a massive borough it seems unfair. Especially as those in Hackney and Waltham Forest would be directly affected by matchday traffic. But yeah like you say, I've been on the waiting list for 5 years + and I live on Tottenham High Road, so I'm not gonna complain.

I imagine that they have a zone for which a person must reside in to be considered local. Just have a registry so that local tottenham fans who want the tickets can chuck in their address and whatnot (I'd imagine that there'd need to be an identification process to confirm place of residency) and then get their tickets from there. You might find that only 1000 sign up for it, therefore the club can return the rest to members on the waiting list.

16836165_10154426987398505_1446067200538660324_o.jpg

From a quick read, there's a planned 5,000 tickets for locals - 2,500 season tickets for local residents, and 2,500 match day tickets for locals on a game-to-game basis.
Apparently the 2,500 season tickets will be for people on the current waiting list who live in the local area.

i.e. everyone in N17 on the ST waiting list will be taken off and put in their own separate list, and the first 2,500 on that list will get a season ticket. Then the rest of us will remain on the normal waiting list and get offered tickets as usual.

In other words, they will still be going to fans.

The game-by-game tickets are a different matter. I think they will be dished out to whoever can get their hands on them, Spurs or not. An unfortunate side effect of the whole "locals must benefit" thing.

Apparently the 2,500 season tickets will be for people on the current waiting list who live in the local area.

I still hope that's bollocks. I'd be surprised if we had 2,500 N17 residents on the list, barring the JCL croud who've signed up in the last 5 minutes.

Because what's the difference? You can become a member today, be at #73,438 then suddenly you're #2,500.

Perhaps if they gave 500 to people who are in the top 10,000 already it wouldn't be such a grind but 2,500 to anyone on the list is still bullshit.

I reiterate; in April I'll have been on the list for 10 years, paying for that privilege every single season, and I'm currently around 4,750th. I can't find any justification in someone rocking up this week and jumping immediately ahead of me just because they live a mile or two from the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom