New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't they make almost every team's jersey in the NFL?

I reckon they'd love to maximise their branding with the new stadium when it comes to the NFL games being played and a possible London franchise.
Actually, I think that they make all of them. It's a good point that VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur had about the conflict issues, but I agree that it makes all the sense for Nike considering their moves with the NFL.

NFL teams are all franchises, not wholly owned clubs. So Nike strikes a deal with the League itself, which translates to kit manufacturing for each and every one of the teams.

Shit would get too awkward when we're playing in Nike Stadium wearing Adidas kits, or whatever.

It would make it too hard to re-bid kit rights competitively. Nike wouldn't want us wearing anyone else, but nobody else would want to offer fair money because of brand dilution.

That's why it would probably be a joint deal. Stadia and Shirt for # years or stadia for # and clause for shirt.

Some very artful shit on the Official site...

zQaTx9n.jpg

F1YtGes.jpg

kUGs7fV.jpg

ZfgZ9Lh.jpg

dDoHJgH.jpg

I'm sure Levy is way ahead of us on this. Everything in that stadium is just cash waiting to be made. I can't wait to buy an Authentic "Heart of the Lane" Urinal, for only $99.99+shipping/handling.

If I was Danny boy , I'll take the seats out, melt them down & make mini plastic WHL's selling for £20, he'd make loads of cash & then I'd give Furball man Furball man half the cash for coming up with such a brilliant idea

I gotta say, (and I know this is nothing new, and is blatantly obvious, but it's always worth re-iterating... ) I just love the fact our new ground is pretty much surrounding our old one...
It keeps all the cherished memories, History, (and some of the ghosts) firmly in place... and apart from that, the fact that for most, the all-important matchday routine (travelling to and from, eating/drinking at the same Pub pre-match etc) won't have to change, is vital... (unless you used to enjoy a pre-match pint in Rudolph's / Valentino's!!!)

When you hear of all the West Ham fans & Gooners who bemoan the complete change in matchday routine, it makes you realise what a masterstroke and relief it is that our new ground will still be in the same spot (albeit with a much bigger footprint!)

I know it's been said a thousand times, but I think that's gonna be vital in settling into the new ground, and will set us apart from other clubs who have had to relocate and re-acclimatise to their new surroundings.
We won't/shouldn't have any of those problems.

There, I said it. I think our new ground is gonna be fucking fantastic... and still at White Hart Lane! ...which, regardless of the new sponsorship naming rights, is surely gonna be what everyone will still call it! Especially as it's actually gonna be that little bit closer to the ACTUAL White Hart Lane!!

Last edited:
Gotta say, I just love the fact our new ground is pretty much surrounding our old one...
it keeps all the cherished memories (and some of the ghosts) firmly in place... and the matchday routine (travelling to and from, eating/drinking at the same Pub pre-match etc) won't have to change...

When you hear of all the West ham fans & Gooners who bemoan the complete change in matchday routine, it makes you realise what a masterstroke and relief it is that our new ground will still be in the same spot (albeit with a much bigger footprint!)

I know it's been said a thousand times, but I think that's gonna be vital in settling into the new ground, and will set us apart from other clubs who have had to relocate and re-acclimatise to their new surroundings.
We won't/shouldn't have any of those problems.
That is the "soul" of football. The soul is the fans, those rituals that can be traced by fans that have gone before for 120 years, not measured by success or failure but shaped by them.

There'll be no doubt plenty for us all to moan about in the coming years as I guess pubs will continue to close and the franchises become more intwined with the Club, but Tottenham today is light years away from what it was 120 years ago, areas evolve constantly non more so than Tottenham. The only constant which is important is it's still our Tottenham.

What I hate most about Sponsored stadiums is that it's never going to be a permanent name.

Wasn't Leicester the Walkers Stadium until whatever the fuck it is now?
And City moved into the City Of Manchester Stadium,,, or the Commonwealth Stadium before it became the Ethiad?
Even Woolwich should be using Ashburton Grove, although most of those cunts probably call it the Emirates.

Basically we need a proper name - true to the club and the area - then who gives a fuck what the sponsors will call it for the duration of their 10/15/20 year deal.

That is the "soul" of football. The soul is the fans, those rituals that can be traced by fans that have gone before for 120 years, not measured by success or failure but shaped by them.
There'll be no doubt plenty for us all to moan about in the coming years as I guess pubs will continue to close and the franchises become more intwined with the Club, but Tottenham today is light years away from what it was 120 years ago, areas evolve constantly non more so than Tottenham. The only constant which is important is it's still our Tottenham.

I honestly don't know if they will y'know...
on average, there will be around 15,000 more fans milling around the area on any given matchday... they gott drink somewhere!

The 'newbies' plastics and 'selfie-stick' brigade that we will inevitably attract, will no doubt immerse themselves in the 'new vision' of a matchday experience by buying up every last bit of merch, only drinking their watered down, over-priced fizzy pop inside the ground, and eating where they're told do by the club; "VIZIN ZE PERMIITERZ OF ZE GROUND, JA!"

...but for the rest of us (the other 30,000+ who have been going regularly for years) I honestly don't see what will change... other than the journey time home, to accommodate all the extra fans.

Pre-match, I'd imagine.hope it's as you were... the local Pubs will be fucking heaving!!!!

What I hate most about Sponsored stadiums is that it's never going to be a permanent name.

Wasn't Leicester the Walkers Stadium until whatever the fuck it is now?
And City moved into the City Of Manchester Stadium,,, or the Commonwealth Stadium before it became the Ethiad?
Even Woolwich should be using Ashburton Grove, although most of those cunts probably call it the Emirates.

Basically we need a proper name - true to the club and the area - then who gives a fuck what the sponsors will call it for the duration of their 10/15/20 year deal.

Nike Hart Lane, Nike Stadium, Uber Stadium, Qatar Airways Stadium, it'll get something along those lines but it will always be New White Hart Lane.

I honestly don't know if they will y'know...
on average, there will be around 15,000 more fans milling around the area on any given matchday... they gott drink somewhere!

The 'newbies' plastics and 'selfie-stick' brigade that we will inevitably attract, will no doubt immerse themselves in the 'new vision' of a matchday experience by buying up every last bit of merch, only drinking their watered down, over-priced fizzy pop inside the ground, and eating where they're told do by the club; "VIZIN ZE PERMIITERZ OF ZE GROUND, JA!"

...but for the rest of us (the other 30,000+ who have been going regularly for years) I honestly don't see what will change... other than the journey time home, to accommodate all the extra fans.

Pre-match, I'd imagine.hope it's as you were... the local Pubs will be fucking heaving!!!!
I hope you are right, however I fear more will close before the stadium is even open. There aren't too many business in the World that can operate with zero revenue for an entire year. Those like The Annie, who are used by the community on off match days are set well to continue. The Bill Nic is only open on match days anyway as there is no custom on non-match days. The year that we are away from the Lane is going to be a massive test for the businesses around the stadium, only those that have an income from non-matchdays stand to survive.

Back
Top Bottom