New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The steel is obviously very easy to put in, two more this morning.

image.php

That's what your mum said....

I wish they'd hurry up and name the stadium! When someone asks me about it I don't have an answer.
Let's just hope it's something at least halfway decent. We've had some horrifically bad ones over here, like "Smoothie King Arena", "Fedex Forum", "Quicken Loans Arena" (ironically located in a state where Quicken Loans screwed over thousands), and, I swear I'm not making this one up, "Talking Stick Resort Arena".

Really, any "[Fortune 500 Company] Stadium" would be ok in my book.

Shit would get too awkward when we're playing in Nike Stadium wearing Adidas kits, or whatever.

It would make it too hard to re-bid kit rights competitively. Nike wouldn't want us wearing anyone else, but nobody else would want to offer fair money because of brand dilution.

Shit would get too awkward when we're playing in Nike Stadium wearing Adidas kits, or whatever.

It would make it too hard to re-bid kit rights competitively. Nike wouldn't want us wearing anyone else, but nobody else would want to offer fair money because of brand dilution.
But we're about to sign to Nike for our strip. I'm not saying it will happen, but they must be in the frame.

But we're about to sign to Nike for our strip. I'm not saying it will happen, but they must be in the frame.
Yeah, but stadium rights are held for much longer than kit rights. Sure, Nike Stadium + Nike kits might seem like a brilliant package deal at first, but it could only lead to bad feelings down the road. We need to be able to negotiate each separately and to retain severability.

Back
Top Bottom