New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question to the Forum. I know West Ham have handled the whole move likes bunch of drunks but the standing/searing situation has caused huge concern for their fans with Big arguments at games and Brady threatening to revoke peoples season tickets.

Obviously solution for us would be to carry the seating plan across to the new stadium so Park Lane and the Shelf remain lightly or unforced and we have family areas that are the opposite.

I wonder what people think about this issue, I know West Ham isn't the best example as they have the dildo brothers and fat Brady but it's still something I how the fans and the club can work out so we don't end up making a mess.
We will have a family area top tier of the North stand probably. There certainly will be a family area. And with discounted tickets to encourage people to buy in the right area I find it hard to believe there will be any issues. If you buy in the Kop tier you know what you are getting or you ought to.

We will have a family area top tier of the North stand probably. There certainly will be a family area. And with discounted tickets to encourage people to buy in the right area I find it hard to believe there will be any issues. If you buy in the Kop tier you know what you are getting or you ought to.

Sounds good to me, don't want a situation in the new stadium where as the ball is near the net you get up to cheer then some dick behind tells everyone to sit down.

Must be made clear prior to the move if you go in certain areas it's at your own risk if you want to stay seated.

Also have to think about Wembley as well.

Question to the Forum. I know West Ham have handled the whole move likes bunch of drunks but the standing/searing situation has caused huge concern for their fans with Big arguments at games and Brady threatening to revoke peoples season tickets.

Obviously solution for us would be to carry the seating plan across to the new stadium so Park Lane and the Shelf remain lightly or unforced and we have family areas that are the opposite.

I wonder what people think about this issue, I know West Ham isn't the best example as they have the dildo brothers and fat Brady but it's still something I how the fans and the club can work out so we don't end up making a mess.
I actually emailed THST to ask them about this and whether they were trying to work with the club to figure out the best way of doing it. They basically said that it's already on their radar, and they've "encouraged the Club to be very clear when selling seats which stands/ blocks would be more suitable for a livelier match day experience". But they'll need to be very careful with the wording - if they were to explicitly say that blocks x to y are suitable for standing, then it would be against regulations and could end up in Haringey council revoking the club's licence.

The safe standing trial going on at Celtic could have a positive impact too - there's a chance that if the Department for Culture, Media & Sport decides that rail seating areas can be classed as seating areas rather than standing areas, then rail seating could be introduced without any need for new legislation.

The main problem with the Olympic Stadium is that the angle of the stands is so low a toddler standing up would block the view of the next ten rows of seats behind...

"We want our Tottenham back"

sugar-tottenham-spurs_3189788.jpg

My sugar nomination

_44030233_sugar203.jpg
Still makes my skin craw. What a fucking cunt. Without any doubt the darkest days of supporting this Club, for a few years I was ashamed of Spurs, everything that ran out of his gob was just awful. Still, I can claim a couple of direct hits on his noggin whilst he was trying to get in his car at his house.

Has anyone ever met another person on this planet that bought either his phone, that was the size of a bus, or his computers? I never have. Who the fuck was it that bought this shit to make him so rich?

Has anyone ever met another person on this planet that bought either his phone, that was the size of a bus, or his computers? I never have. Who the fuck was it that bought this shit to make him so rich?

Satellite dishes. He got the jump on the sky deal didn't he? And knew what to bid.

Edit: he was rich before though.

Still makes my skin craw. What a fucking cunt. Without any doubt the darkest days of supporting this Club, for a few years I was ashamed of Spurs, everything that ran out of his gob was just awful. Still, I can claim a couple of direct hits on his noggin whilst he was trying to get in his car at his house.

Doesn't he make the sky plus boxes. I fucked sky out of it.

Satellite dishes. He got the jump on the sky deal didn't he? And knew what to bid.

Edit: he was rich before though.
He brought stacker systems to the masses in the early 80s, and to be fair, I for one was grateful.
Sugar is and will always be an enigma as far as THFC is concerned. Say what you like about him he steadied the ship in our darkest hours, had he not, who knows what might of happened.
Don't like his Twitter ramblings of late though, seems to be entering early stages of "Oldtimers" if you ask me.

He brought stacker systems to the masses in the early 80s, and to be fair, I for one was grateful.
Sugar is and will always be an enigma as far as THFC is concerned. Say what you like about him he steadied the ship in our darkest hours, had he not, who knows what might of happened.
Don't like his Twitter ramblings of late though, seems to be entering early stages of "Oldtimers" if you ask me.
Yeah, we might have got Robert Maxwell.

From what I remember (can't remeber where though) that Sugar basically convinced the other chairmen of the top football league clubs to accept the Sky deal to show live football, even though they would get to less money for rights.

In a completely unrelated fact, yes his company made the receiver boxes for Sky

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Following works to the North East corner of White Hart Lane ahead of the new season, we have undertaken a thorough assessment of the access routes and surrounding areas of the seats situated closest to the site of the demolition.

Due to the reconfigurations that have taken place in both the North and East stands affecting the environment around your seat, we have decided to re-categorise your seat and we shall be reducing the cost of your season ticket by 12.5% accordingly.

We shall reimburse you with the relevant amount on to the card used for payment when you renewed your season ticket prior to our first home game of the season against Crystal Palace on Saturday, August 20. If you renewed your season ticket by Cash, Cheque or via V12 we will contact you separately early next week (week commencing 15th August) with further details on your refund.

Should you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]

As always, we thank you for your continued support and your patience during the construction process. It is greatly appreciated by everyone at the Club.

Yours sincerely,

Ticket Office

Back
Top Bottom