New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, that end house appears to be fenced off, as does another couple up the street, fuck knows what's going on with the house between them...
Maybe there's still people there and they need access to their driveway?

Also, is that a fucking swimming pool in their back garden?

Maybe there's still people there and they need access to their driveway?

Also, is that a fucking swimming pool in their back garden?
plastic-tarpaulin-sheet-covers-500x500.jpg

What do you define construction as? They've started laying foundations, that's construction to me. if you haven't seen that it makes me think you haven't been down there because it's pretty plain to see, unless you're only looking at aerial shots?
No they haven't started the foundations. There no piling rigs, no concrete being poured and no published program we can track their work to. When I see that I will say the project is live.

Archway Steel, is that you?
Oh my God you must of peeped behind the curtain.

I know the difference between pre construction and actual construction. With the history of this project you'd be mad to say it's going to happen and by what date. When proper construction work starts with actual people not diggers working there, a proper firm awarded the contract, ground workers,steel fixers, and chipies on site then you got a live project. At the moment you have ground cleared and a sales brochure to some money men. I hope it happens and probably belive it will but if they don't start soon 2018 will turn into 2020

I know the difference between pre construction and actual construction. With the history of this project you'd be mad to say it's going to happen and by what date. When proper construction work starts with actual people not diggers working there, a proper firm awarded the contract, ground workers,steel fixers, and chipies on site then you got a live project. At the moment you have ground cleared and a sales brochure to some money men. I hope it happens and probably belive it will but if they don't start soon 2018 will turn into 2020
At last. A voice of reason. Allelujah !!!

If you look at the re-submitted plans below they actually say on the North side "Existing Foundations" and "Indicates Line of Existing Foundations Sheet Piling Works Will Be In Close Proximity"..........so yeah they've actually really done some actual construction

qkujVcw.jpg

No they haven't started the foundations. There no piling rigs, no concrete being poured and no published program we can track their work to. When I see that I will say the project is live.

There's two lovely lines of sheet piling, one around the boundary and one inside. I'm counting that as foundations construction commenced. I assume you've seen that and don't think that that counts, rather than having simply not seen that?

I agree the project might not actually come to completion, of course, that's always possible in any construction. I also agree that a lot more information needs to come out before we understand what's actually happening. But I can't agree that nothing has happened to date nor that the project isn't "live".

They did say ages ago that prep for foundations would start but there's no date / investment for actual construction to commence . The current work could sit like that for ages. Of course if the NFL stuff is true then construction could begin quite soon but who knows . The very basics have started but saying the build has started is a tad premature.

only a fool would argue with an irishman regarding construction.

There's two lovely lines of sheet piling, one around the boundary and one inside. I'm counting that as foundations construction commenced. I assume you've seen that and don't think that that counts, rather than having simply not seen that?

I agree the project might not actually come to completion, of course, that's always possible in any construction. I also agree that a lot more information needs to come out before we understand what's actually happening. But I can't agree that nothing has happened to date nor that the project isn't "live".
Simple question who have they awarded the stadium construction contract too? When you can awnser thst you may have a live project and me smiling

Back
Top Bottom