New design

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Case said:
I changed visited links to be light blue earlier, I noticed they were dark. You've probably just still got the old css cached.
Super. Also, pls disregard what I said about the condensed font. I forgot it was only in the lists and not on the actual body text. It gives the forum a distinct look.

Shit. Case be crazy

tumblr_lvpyw4HJzq1r3hggco1_500.jpg

Éperons said:
Case said:
I increased the font size and line-height because I prefer websites with a larger font. I think they're easier to read but that's only my opinion.
No, that is definitely the case that it's easier to read open text (though maybe a less condensed font would work; I don't care). The problem a big line-height doesn't work in gmail is since one doesn't use gmail to hang out and read a complicated treatise over the course of an hour. One needs all their emails, quickly, accessibly, etc. If there are only 10 lines in my inbox before it scrolls, there is some fucked up design going on.

That logic, imo, would carry over to this medium, but for some reason it works. I don't get exasperated with scrolling like I do with my inbox.

Jesus, I've only just noticed that too (use Sparrow and the Android app mostly). For as much as this new design language has prettied up most of googles offerings, it's made it so much more difficult to use for people who don't already know their way around. There's an abundance of buttons with logos that that wont mean a huge amount to people who don't know what they do, hiding pretty important features

Take back what I said earlier; the banner is dark blue now and it looks really good. I like the white background and larger text too.

Case, one thing I really don't like is the new flash player for streaming episodes in the browser. It just crashed on me, there is no time so you can't easily get back to where you were and its just not as good as the last one. I do usually download the episodes, but if you want to check out an old one quickly its a bit annoying.

It's actually not flash, it's html 5. Wanted to get one that would work across browsers and mobiles. I'll see if I can find something better.

Éperons - Post buttons are back in the top right where they used to be. Look any better? Or is the whole speech bubble thing just not worth it.

the bubbles are busy, but it's tidier over all with the post buttons at the top. Just when I was getting used to them at the bottom... :gomes:

It should resize images so they fit inside the post area. Just opened up firefox and that's what it seemed to be doing on mine.

now the quotes have been changed the images are fine, not sure on how the quotes look but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom