Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Technically, Sissoko is 11 points (33 on a triple word score tile) and you'd get a bonus 50 for using all seven tiles....

...so let's be thankful that we didn't pay his scrabble score :avbpray:
EucIfYY.gif

I see it's rumoured in the BBC Football Gossip page that Juve and Inter will try and lure Sissoko way from us in January.

How do you perfect that "Pleases come and take him off our hands" demeanour while adopting a "Well he won't be cheap as he's such a class act" look??

I see it's rumoured in the BBC Football Gossip page that Juve and Inter will try and lure Sissoko way from us in January.

How do you perfect that "Pleases come and take him off our hands" demeanour while adopting a "Well he won't be cheap as he's such a class act" look??
I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan materialise if things are as bad as some are reporting. However I could also see it turn into a Balotelli situation were no permanent move comes of it and he gets released for fuck all after a couple of years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan materialise if things are as bad as some are reporting. However I could also see it turn into a Balotelli situation were no permanent move comes of it and he gets released for fuck all after a couple of years.

Think you are writing him, and Poch, off too early.

Poch is just cracking the whip and billy big bollocks new record signing is being made an example of.

He has to use something to motivate him as he can't dangle the prospect of a new contract.

Poch is just cracking the whip and billy big bollocks new record signing is being made an example of.

He has to use something to motivate him as he can't dangle the prospect of a new contract.
yes hopefully thats the case, I'm definately reserving judgment on Sissoko.

Why would Juve and Inter want him? Especially Inter, what on earth could they do with another hilariously overpriced player who does nothing? They have like 3 of them already.

1374501127_974935_1374518402_noticia_grande.jpg
No proof he (Baldini) did the negotiating

He 100% certainly did in the signing of Soldado, there were numerous photos in the press here of his arriving by car and parleying with the Valencia presidente.
Also in the sale of Chiriches, his Napoli counterpart said it had been a pleasure doing business with him.

1374501127_974935_1374518402_noticia_grande.jpg

He 100% certainly did in the signing of Soldado, there were numerous photos in the press here of his arriving by car and parleying with the Valencia presidente.
Also in the sale of Chiriches, his Napoli counterpart said it had been a pleasure doing business with him.
That's proof of him having a beer and a chat. As I said, his role was clearly to facilitate, to find a player and to find a "home" for players we didn't want. Levy is the Negociator, it's in his job description as the Chairman of the club, same for all other clubs.

That's proof of him having a beer and a chat. As I said, his role was clearly to facilitate, to find a player and to find a "home" for players we didn't want. Levy is the Negociator, it's in his job description as the Chairman of the club, same for all other clubs.
No, he was negotiating. It was all over the news here, every single aspect of the deal was relayed to the press by the Valencia chairman, who was basically an administrator put in place by the bank. The negotiations broke down on the Monday (we wanted to pay over 3 years, Valencia wanted it in one lump sum), Franco flew home and returned a day or so later and they compromised on two years. They (VCdeF) announced the agreement and Soldado flew in from Sunny Spain that evening (on Easyjet, stay classy).
The photo below is Baldini arriving for the negotiations. Levy didn't set foot in Spain throughout the deal.

enviof2-1.jpg

Here's the story from the Valencia-based sports paper (in Spanish) from the day the negotiations broke down...
La negociación por Roberto Soldado está rota

do you not think that it might be dawning on Pochettino that he's (Sissoko) actually pants?

because he is, in reality.

No, he was negotiating. It was all over the news here, every single aspect of the deal was relayed to the press by the Valencia chairman, who was basically an administrator put in place by the bank. The negotiations broke down on the Monday (we wanted to pay over 3 years, Valencia wanted it in one lump sum), Franco flew home and returned a day or so later and they compromised on two years. They (VCdeF) announced the agreement and Soldado flew in from Sunny Spain that evening (on Easyjet, stay classy).
The photo below is Baldini arriving for the negotiations. Levy didn't set foot in Spain throughout the deal.

enviof2-1.jpg

Here's the story from the Valencia-based sports paper (in Spanish) from the day the negotiations broke down...
La negociación por Roberto Soldado está rota
OK mate you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. Neither of us know 100%. (You have the ever accurate and reliable press to corroborate your beliefs, I have a mate who knows an agent that has dealt with Spurs). Just one thought on the detail mentioned in your post. "we wanted to pay over 3 years, Valencia wanted it in one lump sum". Who do you think came up with the position in the first place to pay over 3 years, Baldini or Levy? Who would have given the final nod on the compromise to 2yrs instead of 3yrs, Baldini or Levy? Baldini is a facilitator and a mouthpiece.

Poch doesn't criticize players for lacking talent, making mistakes or getting injured like certain special managers. What he do criticize is a lack of effort and fighting spirit. There is a firing desire in most of our players to do their very best both on and off the pitch. Wanyama and Janssen look like players that share this belief and that's why Pochettino will take care of them and help them get a good club if they end up being unfit for us.

Sissoko on the other hand is a player that have an immense talent that he has been wasting by not practising enough and by letting his ego come in the way of his teammates. This leads to an inconsistent performance, simple mistakes that could have been ironed out by practising and a player that blames his team rather than himself when things go badly. If there's one man that can help this bugger it's Poch, but i think it may be too late.

Poch doesn't criticize players for lacking talent, making mistakes or getting injured like certain special managers. What he do criticize is a lack of effort and fighting spirit. There is a firing desire in most of our players to do their very best both on and off the pitch. Wanyama and Janssen look like players that share this belief and that's why Pochettino will take care of them and help them get a good club if they end up being unfit for us.

Sissoko on the other hand is a player that have an immense talent that he has been wasting by not practising enough and by letting his ego come in the way of his teammates. This leads to an inconsistent performance, simple mistakes that could have been ironed out by practising and a player that blames his team rather than himself when things go badly. If there's one man that can help this bugger it's Poch, but i think it may be too late.
Although he didnt punish Wimmer for getting injured it sure did look like he was punished with CCV quickly jumping infront of him in the pecking order despite Wimmer playing so well last season.

Back
Top Bottom