Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely, I'd love him to ram my negative shit down my throat. Hope this is one of the (many) times I've been wrong. I just have this nagging feeling that he's absolute shite and we've done our money :(

We haven't 'done our money', there's a new reality in football that fans haven't caught up with yet.....and that is that £30m isn't a big transfer fee anymore

With all the criticism not just on this forum but in the press and probably at the ground it will be difficult for Sissoko to turn this around even if he is given the chance and is capable of it.
Best hope for those of us that just hope he will eventually make it is that he is not picked for a while and gets forgotten and then makes an appearance as sub in an away match away from the critical voices of our home crowd.

With all the criticism not just on this forum but in the press and probably at the ground it will be difficult for Sissoko to turn this around even if he is given the chance and is capable of it.
Best hope for those of us that just hope he will eventually make it is that he is not picked for a while and gets forgotten and then makes an appearance as sub in an away match away from the critical voices of our home crowd.

I'm sure if he shows as much willing and puts in as much effort as Vince does and puts in a few good performances then all will be forgotten...... it does seem like a pretty big if though.......:pochrolleyes:

Levy panicked and spent 30 million?

LEVY panicked and spent 30 million?
Levy spends half hour judging whether or not to spend 60p on a toffee crisp.

Whatever the truth about us buying Sissoko is, there is no way it is "levy panicked and spent 30 million"

Sounds ludicrous, I know, especially when he's proven he's only too prepared put the breaks on a deal when it's not to his monetary liking and 'damn' the on-field consequences.

...But can anyone really imagine Poch saying "I neeeeeeed this guy... Pay whatever it takes or I walk!" yet seem reluctant to play him from day 1?

I may be wrong (we'll prob ever know!), but I cannot get my head past the idea that such funds would have been - and probably were - refused earlier in the window. Reeks to me of LEVY panicking; overpaying at the 11th hour for a player the gaffer had simply expressed a interest/desire for (*).

Could he really risk leaving Poch light for another season after what he's done since arriving? Imagine the impression that leaves him.... And the players... All after a top-3 finish and facing a season in CL... Imagine the mood of the fans on top of that!

(*We all knew we still needed some form of attacking addition come the last days of the window; why would Poch be overly concerned about the price? Especially given how manic the inflation was this window; TV money etc... Chairman was willing; WDF not?)

At least this way the club appear to "back the manager" (**)... (On paper, sure, but I'm convinced that if Levy pledged £70m + wages to Poch at the beginning of the window we'd have seen significantly different results.)

(**...Let's not forget all those juicy incoming fees to nicely counterbalance the bulk of this window's spend just yet! ...Townsend, Chadli, Pritchard, Mason = over £50m + money for Bentaleb in the pipeline. Sad reading considering we needed PL-ready pace (AT), goals (NC/AP?), creativity (AP?) & a back-up for Dembele (NB) to free up our A-list for the CL. All of this present within said outgoings, yet traded in for a bunch of maybes/potential. Outcome? Out of both CL & LC with a wimper.)

OR (a reluctant) otherwise (***)...

Poch's ego has simply got the better of him; thinking "I can change him" the way Brendan's did with Ballotelli.... Except we paid nearly double and have the fooker for nearly twice as long. :crying:

(***Maybe more disconcerting when you consider the fabled Poch 'naught-step'... You choose folks! :confused: )

...But can anyone really imagine Poch saying "I neeeeeeed this guy... Pay whatever it takes or I walk!" yet seem reluctant to play him from day 1?

I don't think he's ever been reluctant - he's obsessed with only playing/trusting players who have adapted to his system, and Sissoko signed with barely a pre-season.

He's said as much in the interviews today

I don't think he's ever been reluctant - he's obsessed with only playing/trusting players who have adapted to his system, and Sissoko signed with barely a pre-season.

He's said as much in the interviews today

Yet he's played him at times anyway.... That's "reluctant", no?

Sounds ludicrous, I know, especially when he's proven he's only too prepared put the breaks on a deal when it's not to his monetary liking and 'damn' the on-field consequences.

I may be wrong (we'll prob ever know!), but I cannot get my head past the idea that such funds would have been - and probably were - refused earlier in the window. Reeks to me of LEVY panicking; overpaying at the 11th hour for a player the gaffer had simply expressed a interest/desire for (*).

Could he really risk leaving Poch light for another season after what he's done since arriving? Imagine the impression that leaves him.... And the players... All after a top-3 finish and facing a season in CL... Imagine the mood of the fans on top of that!

(*We all knew we still needed some form of attacking addition come the last days of the window; why would Poch be overly concerned about the price? Especially given how manic the inflation was this window; TV money etc... Chairman was willing; WDF not?)

At least this way the club appear to "back the manager" (**)... (On paper, sure, but I'm convinced that if Levy pledged £70m + wages to Poch at the beginning of the window we'd have seen significantly different results.)

(**...Let's not forget all those juicy incoming fees to nicely counterbalance the bulk of this window's spend just yet! ...Townsend, Chadli, Pritchard, Mason = over £50m + money for Bentaleb in the pipeline. Sad reading considering we needed PL-ready pace (AT), goals (NC/AP?), creativity (AP?) & a back-up for Dembele (NB) to free up our A-list for the CL. All of this present within said outgoings, yet traded in for a bunch of maybes/potential. Outcome? Out of both CL & LC with a wimper.)

OR (a reluctant) otherwise (***)...

Poch's ego has simply got the better of him; thinking "I can change him" the way Brendan's did with Ballotelli.... Except we paid nearly double and have the fooker for nearly twice as long. :crying:

(***Maybe more disconcerting when you consider the fabled Poch 'naught-step'... You choose folks! :confused: )
I was under the impression that the genius Paul Mitchell was still helping us recruit players for this season before he departed. We were told that he was working hard to make sure we recruited the right players. We got wanyama, Lopez.... who poch needed to know nothing about, Nkouodo (swapped for his other find Njie) Janssen and Sissoko. Does none of the blame fall on him ?
I can't see him recommending players for minimal fees( like he did at Saints) and Levy rejecting them due to the price.
Maybe he found it harder . I mean if he was upset at Batshuyai then he better get used to it. Just like Willian he chose to go to Chelsea. Whether it was for the £31m over 5 yrs or because he thought he'd get playing time and win trophies there we won't know. That's what happens when you are recruiting players for top 5 teams. If we are interested in a player that Chelsea,Woolwich, City, Man U or Liverpool are also interested in, there is a decent chance that we won't get them.
I guarantee if Lovren would have been wanted by Liverpool, Tadic by Chelsea and Wanyama by Man Utd , etc., etc., I bet they wouldn't have signed for Southampton in the first place.

What? So if he doesn't play him, it's because he didn't want him. If he does, it's because he's forced to.

Jesus wept....

Love how people get a theory in their head and will then find even contradictory evidence to create a circular argument .

It's like Spurs transfer policy and team selection is an episode of the x files.

Some?? TBH, I've yet to hear about one who didn't think that!

Newcastle fans may be many things (Horse-Punchers amongst them) but they sure can recognise when a player is putting in a shift, and giving everything for their Club... or not as the case may be!

Like Owen you mean.....

so you think that a chairman that is absofuckinglutley notorious for not spending money, suddenly looked at the clock at 10.30 pm on deadline day, and thought "fucking hell. if i dont break the club transfer record, some of those fuckers at the fighting cock will be on my back again.I know...first name in this panini sticker pack will do..well, it's moussa sissoko..well, he's worth 30 points at scrabble, ill bid 30 million for him. No need to tell MItchell or Pochettino"

Levy really concerned what Kreator and Scott thought!
:levystare:

MOTM performance today...
proved the doubters wrong!

:pochsmirk: I still don't know if this is actually Poch, or Rodney Bewes!

Had a great game today even though he only played a quarter of the match, Poch obviously knows what he is doing and glad sissoko put the effort in and shows he wants to play, but please no fucking red boots!

Cunts sat near me absolutely slating him from the second he came on. Makes my blood boil.
My Tesco delivery guy today went on a massive rant about him.

This happens with every single Geordie that I speak to about football that it's got to the point that I can only imagine he's going to be in fear of his life if he ever has to step foot in Newcastle again.

Back
Top Bottom