Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's the same old story though, we don't see how these guys perform in training so there's no way we can judge who should be in the squad each week, he did a great job in the City game but he has been a bit patchy overall...as for the elbow we'll have to wait and see, thought it was funny that the Sky commentators thought it was Wanyama at first when it was obviously not...hope the FA don't use their recollection...

He's getting a ban for that. Even though there's a camera angle directly behind the referee and he's obviously looking right at it, he's still going down for a few games.

FFS how about showing him the same patience, which we demand fans show for other player.
I think the difference is that a lot of people already knew Sissoko from his time at Newcastle. And probably weren't even impressed with him there, so they see what they expect to see in terms of performances. He is also quite old already, he is supposed to be in his prime right now, not a lot of time left to be patient.

As to the ban, what is the actual rule here? If the referee or his assistant didn't spot the incident he can get banned? But what if the assistant did see it, but thought it wasn't intentional or something? And it will be put that way into the match report? From the long conversation the referee had with the linesman he probably did see something, right?

Last edited:
Whatever the outcome of the incident - one thing is plainly manifest is that Sissoko is an average talent and is nothing better than a below par, muscular Mason.
We are about 17 million quid worse off as far as I can see.

How he gets a game for France is a mystery to me. IMV anyone who gets to play for the current French team should be a regular starter for us, and he isn't.

Why is the lad getting so much grief over a something and nothing incident.

I thought we didn't want to be a "soft" team any more. I don't think there's anything to suggest he has done it out of malice, and it's more like a short arse ran into his blind side and then tried to claim a BAFTA for his reaction. You can get elbowed in the face by anyone in public if you do that kind of thing - doesn't mean that the person who strikes you means it.

The 'norm' seems to be that people want players banned based on whether they like the player or the team, not what they have actually done.

As for Sissoko, give him a chance to get up to speed. Dembele is a similar player and had lots of PL experience and was pants until Poch had worked with him a bit.

Why is the lad getting so much grief over a something and nothing incident.

I thought we didn't want to be a "soft" team any more. I don't think there's anything to suggest he has done it out of malice, and it's more like a short arse ran into his blind side and then tried to claim a BAFTA for his reaction. You can get elbowed in the face by anyone in public if you do that kind of thing - doesn't mean that the person who strikes you means it.

The 'norm' seems to be that people want players banned based on whether they like the player or the team, not what they have actually done.

Sadly I don't think the the FA will share your view!

Still waiting to see him in a central position rather than out wide where he adds nothing except defensive cover. Not too fussed if he does get a few matches out to be honest.

Still waiting to see him in a central position rather than out wide where he adds nothing except defensive cover. Not too fussed if he does get a few matches out to be honest.

We all know Poch reads this forum..... this will obviously be proved when he starts him in central midfield against Liver'poo..... :pochserious:

I still don't think that will hold much sway with the FA... in so much as Sissoko has at least acknowledged that he elbowed him... SKY etc seem hell bent on making sure they get another 'Dembele' victory and will no doubt bang on about it until they get him banned until Christmas probably!

Back
Top Bottom