Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mousa Dembele is more talented than Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne, according to ex-Belgium international

www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mousa-dembele-is-more-talented-than-eden-hazard-and-kevin-de-bruyne-according-to-exbelgium-a3086786.html

"Some may say they want Eden or De Bruyne, but Mousa has the most qualities – it’s not normal how strong he is on the ball. I've seen him during training turn Kompany into a fool.”
Was that written by Mrs Dembele??
I wish WE got to see the Moussa Dembele at Spurs that everyone seems to see everywhere else!

when he was played on the right of the front 3 behind the striker in the first few games of the season, i thought he was probably our best player on the pitch in each of those games

and then he got injured :dembele:

Yep. He's cursed.

I'm just gutted about the own goal vs Utd. The way he blitzed MS and co was fantastic on the right as an AM.

If only Eriksen had taken his chance. The way results have gone, and if Poch had not replaced Mason and Kane with Lamela and Chadli when 2-0 up, we are a few own goals and questionable subs away from top.

Him missing out on the Internationals recently worries me that he's still fucked.

It's pretty cool for him though. Belgium were just placed on the top of the fifa rankings, and we have a lot of them handsome Belgian beasts. Easily their best generation of players and I'm glad we got in on it transfer wise.

Was that written by Mrs Dembele??
I wish WE got to see the Moussa Dembele at Spurs that everyone seems to see everywhere else!

Ask MS and co

Dembélé's pressure creates three chances

PlasticTatteredAtlasmoth.gif

Mousa Dembélé did a superb job of pressing United's players, and his pressure created three of Spurs' best chances. Here, Chadli chases down a Kyle Walker clearance, forcing United into starting play from the very back. When Romero plays a pass that forces Schneiderlin to receive the ball with his back to goal, Dembélé rushes in and wins back possession. Eriksen plays in Kane who shoots instead of crossing to the unmarked Chadli at the far post.

RaggedForthrightHylaeosaurus.gif

A few minutes later, Dembélé strips Schneiderlin again, this time from within Spurs own half. Eric Dier does an excellent job of cutting off the passing angle to United's forwards. The resulting break was wrongly flagged offside.

HandyConfusedCollardlizard.gif

Finally, Dembélé strips Daley Blind just outside the penalty area. Notice how Dembélé curves his run towards Blind just enough to make Blind think twice about trying to play the ball wide to Luke Shaw.

New season, same old Spurs? Not quite.

He was one of our best players vs Utd. They did not have a single shot at goal with Dembele and Bentaleb on the pitch. At home. Who does that to them?

It makes it all the more baffling that the people who kept bumping the MS transfer thread are the main people who wanted Dembele out.

MOTM.

As I said a couple of days ago, this is why Dembele should be played, let alone not sold. The thought of selling him is simply crazy! Like I said, Dier and Alli have been great, but we surely missed Dembele when he was out. Massive player, imo. We could drop him versus smaller teams, but he definitely has to play in big games.

MOTM.

As I said a couple of days ago, this is why Dembele should be played, let alone not sold. The thought of selling him is simply crazy! Like I said, Dier and Alli have been great, but we surely missed Dembele when he was out. Massive player, imo. We could drop him versus smaller teams, but he definitely has to play in big games.
Ahead of Dier?

Ahead of Dier?
No, not at all. Dier is our rising star this season.

We still have Mason and Bentaleb to come in .... (the latter who I think some people just forgot how good he was last season), but I'd play Dier as our main CM and either Dembele or Alli partnering him, with the other moved to the AM position.

Chadli might be out for a couple of weeks, and Son is still to be fully fit. N'jie seems a bit raw and needs starting game-time but in the EL. And Townsend is just Townsend. So I'd preferably play something like ...

Kane
Eriksen - Alli - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Rose - Verts - Toby - Walker
Lloris​

No, not at all. Dier is our rising star this season.

We still have Mason and Bentaleb to come in .... (the latter who I think some people just forgot how good he was last season), but I'd play Dier as our main CM and either Dembele or Alli partnering him, with the other moved to the AM position.

Chadli might be out for a couple of weeks, and Son is still to be fully fit. N'jie seems a bit raw and needs starting game-time but in the EL. And Townsend is just Townsend. So I'd preferably play something like ...

Kane
Eriksen - Alli - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Rose - Verts - Toby - Walker
Lloris​

Dembele next to Dier would stagnate our attacks IMO.

Pleased for him today... he is more than adequate cover for Dier, and can certainly fill the 'gap' left by Mason/Bentaleb... didn't feel we were weakened in any way by his inclusion...
N'Jie on the other hand seemed like he couldn't quite work out which side he was playing for today!

Didn't BT give him a ridiculously long contract at the start of their tenure?
He won't be there for much longer.
When he commentates I always imagine him watching horse racing and the game. He's fucking woeful.
My highlight was him saying Kane played a delightful pass to Origi who's shot was well saved by Mangulay.

Back
Top Bottom