January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny because he's pants

He was pants enough to score against us, Liverpool and Woolwich last season and Chelsea at the weekend.

I don't necessarily think he's good enough to improve our first XI so for that reason I wouldn't bother as I expect he wouldn't be cheap, but its not a completely daft suggestion. Fits the bill too being young, hungry and with a good work ethic.

Lol at Chadli being deadwood, he can be annoying and disappear out of games but you don't score that many goals (and some absolute beauties in there) when you're pants. And Dembele is even more annoying (and i think i'm prob his biggest fan after his mommy) because the skillset he possesses and rarely effectively uses but deadwood ... that's really harsh

Lol at Chadli being deadwood, he can be annoying and disappear out of games but you don't score that many goals (and some absolute beauties in there) when you're pants. And Dembele is even more annoying (and i think i'm prob his biggest fan after his mommy) because the skillset he possesses and rarely effectively uses but deadwood ... that's really harsh
It's all well and good him having that skillset but it's not much good if he doesn't use it.

Last edited:
To be honest, the only person currently that needs to go in January is Fazio. I would keep the rest, add a forward and someone to replace Fazio.

We have a good squad with plenty of players. The two weakest area's were CM and ST post summer window, however Dier's form and Alli stepping up instantly has plugged the CM gap.

Another one of these...... Just because Dier is playing well doesn't mean Bentaleb is shite, just because Davies is playing well doesn't mean Rose is shit and just because Son looks good doesn't mean Chadli is shite. The latter is a superb player to have in the squad. He might now start every week but he's versatile, works hard and is a goalthreat.

Dembele is not what i'd call deadwood but he is but a shadow of the player he should be and his one more pass philosophy infuriates me. I would like us to sell him, would be difficult to get someone better but we could certainly get someone more effective.

It's all well and good him having that skillset but it's not much good if he doesn't use it.
I agree, he remains an enigma. Nobody really knows where he should play, including himself. Vertonghen once said Dembele is the best player he ever played with but he doesnt realise it himself (or he's just not ambitious enough to do all it takes)

I agree, he remains an enigma. Nobody really knows where he should play, including himself. Vertonghen once said Dembele is the best player he ever played with but he doesnt realise it himself (or he's just not ambitious enough to do all it takes)
Even the prospect of a move to Real Madrid didn't get him going :D

I don't like that he played for them so would not like him in our colours ever.

Really? If we all took that attitude then Harry could fuck off as well since he's worn their colours. Frankly I don't care about a players past. If he wants to throw away his past to play for us then I'd have him.

I think he's a clogger and slows down our attacking play

Mirallas on the other hand . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom