Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Logging off - some of the melting here is embarrassing

Some people need a reality check where were as a club 10 years ago and where we're going now

Comprehensively out played from back to front. Only man who can hold his head up after that is Lloris. Worst player for us was Alli, who offered absolutely nothing, couldn't pass, flicks and shit tricks just conceding possession every time he is on the ball, woeful. Would like to still see the people on here who defend Trippier and still tell me that he isn't our worst player, I'm all ears. Air shots from Kane, Alli doing fucking star jumps at the back post, Son missing a sitter, Dembele unable to hold the ball and find a pass. Zero movement. WHY???

Monaco were excellent, so credit where it is due. It looked like they had 12 or 13 men on the pitch.
worst player Alli????? Thought he was our best player bar Lloris.

Oh do fuck of with that patronisng shit. I've notived you've been subtly trying to troll me again lately, don't think I haven't. Can't help yourself can you? Sad.

If we'd been playing like last year we'd not be in 5th spot and relying on penalties and draws to be there.

We've just achieved 4 points, 4, in what was probably the weakest of all the CL groups. If it weren't for Lloris we'd have been slaughtered tonight.

This is not barnstorming form. There is a problem with form. Why is it a crime to recognise it?
I can only imagine you've had a few. Trolling you - crickey..

All 3 teams in our group were strong relative to our quality - weak group is a media hoax. Yes we should have done better but simply weren't good
enough.

This is worse than AVB. At least then you could say, yeah, we've bought too many players and they're struggling to adapt. Yeah, at least we have a good defence and although we don't score it's largely down to Soldado/new players.

We don't even have a good defence anymore. 4 goals in 2 games. We've conceded at least 1 goal in our past 7 games.

What happened to the clean sheets, the pressing, the being difficult to break down? Toby is injured, fine. But why have we abandoned everything that made us so good last year?

This is probably the worst Tottenham period I can remember in 6+ years.

Like you said Toby being injured (our best defender and leader at the back), Vertonghen (our next best cenral defender being rested). Dier and Wimmer last season have both looked ok playing with a more experienced partner but together didn't look good. Trippier was poor and Rose didn't have a good game. Thank God for Lloris.

This is worse than AVB. At least then you could say, yeah, we've bought too many players and they're struggling to adapt. Yeah, at least we have a good defence and although we don't score it's largely down to Soldado/new players.

We don't even have a good defence anymore. 4 goals in 2 games. We've conceded at least 1 goal in our past 7 games.

What happened to the clean sheets, the pressing, the being difficult to break down? Toby is injured, fine. But why have we abandoned everything that made us so good last year?

That is such a stupid cunts thing to say Have you ever stood on the terraces watching Liverpool tearing us apart while our manager sits in the stands.

Your a clueless tosser who doesn't understand what being a Yid means. Worse night in 6 years you fucking clown

Couldn't agree more. why is it voicing a negative concern is considered melting (even if not always expressed in an eloquent manner) and yet being a fucking naive happy clapper is perfectly acceptable.
The problem is that it's become "the thing" to accuse anyone frustrated of melting - but the fact is that most don't even know what melting is actually meant to mean, namely an irrational reaction to a single or couple of bad results. There is nothing irrational about saying our entire CL campaign was shit at the same time as our league form is patchy. That's simply observing a pattern.

Bloody shame, in our own hands and we blew it and i've got three fucking tickets for the Moscow game.
Shadow of the team from last season but i'll refrain from calling everyone shit and questioning the manager. Some people on here can't have been supporting this team for long, if you think this is bad you should have been around to see some of the shite we've served up in the past. Being angry and critical is natural but some of the bollocks thats served up on here is embarrassing.

We've been poor since Man City, which was the best we've played for a long time..

That makes it even funnier that we beat West Ham..

Let's win the FA cup and the Europa..were out of the CL but the season is far from over..

Last time I checked we had the best defence in Europe????

Seriously mate just fuck off

POCHETTINO is the best thing that ever happened to us in the last 30 years and will learn

You will always be an anoying melt we don't need youse

I paint a masterpiece this year.

Next year I paint absolute dog shite.

People don't say, "Oh, give him the benefit of the doubt, he was good last year", do they? The performance by Poch this year and at the end of last season has been awful, I can't imagine someone handling the situation any worse.

I don't think that's wrong of me to say. Do you think he's immune to judgement simply because in the least competitive premier league season ever we finished third in a two horse race?

He's been shit. That's simply the reality.

Mate, 5 1/2 years ago we were playing Real Madrid in the QFs.

Behave yourself.

It's like saving up ALL YEAR for something you REALLY want... let's say a 60" top of the range LCD smart tv...

Then just throwing it out the window within 3 months of getting it, without ever even turning the thing on!

LUDICROUS waste of time, money, effort and emotion!

We've been utter fucking shite in a competition that is apparently the holy grail for all players.

They've looked jaded and lacked any kind of urgency the majority of the time. Yet if you complain about those facts then you're being a "melter"

Do fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom