Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I can't work out is where the high tempo pressing game has gone that we were so good at last season? We have seen it in dribs and drabs this season but when we are in a game we need to win there was no tempo, no drive. You wanted to see someone take the game by the scruff of the neck but it just never happened.

Sorry this is bollocks. A one off and I would agree with you. But we have been consistently bad throughout the competition and lukewarm in the the league for the best part of two months. Recognising that is not melting as it's asking if there's a problem. Not every expression of concern is a "melt".
Couldn't agree more. why is it voicing a negative concern is considered melting (even if not always expressed in an eloquent manner) and yet being a fucking naive happy clapper is perfectly acceptable.

We have had a bad campaign and a bad night but fuck All these moaners Pochettino has earned the right to make mistakes. He has created some of my favourite recent Spurs memories. He will learn from this.

Agreed.
Its interesting, because being away from the forum, I really rebonded with the club and felt the love come back.
This place can make you so angry....I was like that too.

Now Im sitting here thinking "we were poor, but the living fuck are they on about??"

The players should say sorry and such like??

This is the most promising era at Spurs since the mid 80's...if anyone needs to re connect with reality, and the club, I suggest a year or two off here. Night all.

This whole CL campaign has been an embarrassment.
Poor performances in every game, including Moscow. We have made ourselves a laughing stock on Europe again.
I'm tired of the type of Press we get when we roll over every time we meet anyone decent, yet now we can't do it against average European teams.
We're 'Spursy' again. Bollocks to it.
See you at Wembley.

Agreed.
Its interesting, because being away from the forum, I really rebonded with the club and felt the love come back.

Now Im sitting here thinking "we were poor, but the living fuck are they on about??"

This is the most promising era at Spurs since the mid 80's...if anyone needs to re connect with reality, and the club, I suggest a year or two off here. Night all.

Well said sammyspurs sammyspurs

Fucking football...
The ONLY silver lining to laSt seasons' spontaneous combustion was that AT LEAST we'd reached THE HOLY GRAIL of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...
ahhh... the Music, the ANTHEM... the ball boys waving that black and white starry football flag...
THE CUP THAT EVERY CLUB PLAYS FOOTBALL FOR... no it ain't, that's the F.A Cup... just ask Chas'n'Dave!

Fucking C H A M P I O N $ LEAGUE can go fuck itself... It's an overrated closed shop money machine anywway. ...
FUCK!

Didn't deserve to win. Hugo didn't deserve to lose however. Fuck it. We move on. Poch got it badly wrong tonight. It seems the league is more important than the competition that finishing in the top 4 provides. If we didn't have a fit left back on Saturday, at least we'd still be in the CL had vertonghen & walker played.

Comprehensively out played from back to front. Only man who can hold his head up after that is Lloris. Worst player for us was Alli, who offered absolutely nothing, couldn't pass, flicks and shit tricks just conceding possession every time he is on the ball, woeful. Would like to still see the people on here who defend Trippier and still tell me that he isn't our worst player, I'm all ears. Air shots from Kane, Alli doing fucking star jumps at the back post, Son missing a sitter, Dembele unable to hold the ball and find a pass. Zero movement. WHY???

Monaco were excellent, so credit where it is due. It looked like they had 12 or 13 men on the pitch.

Feels like AVB is back.

Whatever we've been watching for the last couple of months isn't Pochettino-ball.

This is worse than AVB. At least then you could say, yeah, we've bought too many players and they're struggling to adapt. Yeah, at least we have a good defence and although we don't score it's largely down to Soldado/new players.

We don't even have a good defence anymore. 4 goals in 2 games. We've conceded at least 1 goal in our past 7 games.

What happened to the clean sheets, the pressing, the being difficult to break down? Toby is injured, fine. But why have we abandoned everything that made us so good last year?

This is probably the worst Tottenham period I can remember in 6+ years.

We will come good again but we are not playing at our best at the moment. We show some signs of it in the league in occasional matches but not like last season. The players not playing well will pick up form again and I really thought after Saturdays last minute win we would be off to a flyer with our tails up but it just never happened tonight.

Pochettino has clearly been given license to treat the CL as secondary to the PL. After all, we never had a chance of winning the CL even if we did go for it all gung-ho, and so it's just about the money right now, which we are getting plenty of for our CL appearances, and moreso if we drop into the EL. I expect the CSKA game to be treated a little more seriously. All of which is disappointing, results, untoward cynicism, desire and all... but it's what I'll be telling myself in order to sleep a little better tonight.

Luke warm on 24 points - 4 off the top and uneaten?

Steady now
Oh do fuck of with that patronisng shit. I've notived you've been subtly trying to troll me again lately, don't think I haven't. Can't help yourself can you? Sad.

If we'd been playing like last year we'd not be in 5th spot and relying on penalties and draws to be there.

We've just achieved 4 points, 4, in what was probably the weakest of all the CL groups. If it weren't for Lloris we'd have been slaughtered tonight.

This is not barnstorming form. There is a problem with form. Why is it a crime to recognise it?

Agreed.

Wow.. Take a bow Fella..

We have ZERO chance of winning the league. Not with the way we're playing so if the reasoning for resting players and being shit is so we can focus on the league is true then we have fucked up BIG time.

Did we have a chance of winning the Champions League? It's a cup competition, anything can happen. Certainly easier to win a cup competition through luck then winning a 38 game league, that's for sure. A decent run and some passion wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom