Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This entire campaign has given me a major existential crisis lol

We spend years and years competing to get in this competition and then play so poorly, and with such inconsistent team selection? What now qualifies as a realistic target going forward? Not sure I can feel so delighted at another top four performance if these are the kind of European nights we're served up, but then can hardly see us challenging in every cup competition...

Baffling. Beginning to think the way forward is to ditch the bigger picture and to enjoy the good moments when they come, such as Saturday

Team selection just not ambitious enough. This should have been treated as a cup final. Having said that, that pitch was Norwegian league in March standard. Same for both teams though, even if Monaco are used to it.

The single biggest issue so far this season is that we are not really creating enough chances to even give ourselves a chance.

A real strange season for us so far but I still hold the belief that once we get a few of our main players playing better we will be alright.

But no doubt we look a bit limp at present and the injuries are hurting us as is the very real failure to buy that 3rd striker in the summer with searing pace, just to stretch teams.

So Wembley was to blame 'cos 85,000 fans were TOO many and our players felt the pressure...
Tonight there are half a dozen in the ground...
Who's to blame now?

Were the 5 Monaco ULTRAS really too much for us tonight?

What was the point of Lloris' match winning performance....? it got us NOWHERE!

FUCKING BOLLOCKS SPURS.
FUCK OFF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE...
don't bother qualifying if you're not gonna take it fucking seriously.

Fuck it.

Back
Top Bottom