Modric

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zOk7nol.gif

‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.
‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’
‘I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham,’ said Modric. ‘The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’

How people can turn on Rose and still fawn over this little ferret faced cunt is beyond me.
Fuck Luka Modric, I hope Dier breaks him in half tomorrow

‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.
‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’
‘I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham,’ said Modric. ‘The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’

How people can turn on Rose and still fawn over this little ferret faced cunt is beyond me.

Players like Modric and Berbatov were given a platform to showcase their talents and at the first sign of interest they wanted out. Rather than stay and try and turn our club into an elite top 4 regular. This is why they will never truly be Tottenham legends. Players like Lloris and Vertonghen who have stuck around for our ‘project’ will be far more likely to be legends in my opinion.

Whatever reason rat face left for, the fact he said he wanted to stay and see how far this squad could go, then three months later stated that he wanted to join QUOTE: CHELSEA, makes him a cunt.

As does the fact he refused to play against Utd, tried the same against City and played like a cunt so he was subbed.

As does the fact he refused to go on tour with us the next summer, and only returned to training when Levy told Madrid no deal will happen under these circumstances.

Read somewhere today that Luka, due to signing a contract with the man as a youngster, owes as much as 20% of his salary to Zdravko Mamić as long as he is playing professionally. Mamić is a former player and current sporting director at Dinamo Zagreb. Not that this excuses anything, but it should be noted that players coming from destitute backgrounds are many times taken advantage of on their way to the top leagues. The extra salary he makes at Madrid obviously pads this guys pockets but also allows Luka to take home much more after the fact.

Isn't leaving for money and going to a galactico club the very definition of a "star move"?

Sammy is right, he was a cunt with the way he behaved. There was simply no need for it. Now that may not have been all due to him, but the influence of his agent as well, but he actions were none the less those of total self interest, with disregard for club and fans.

Well my first post on this thread was directing everyones attention to the fact that a significant percentage of Modric's pay is automatically handed over to a third party (who happens to be Dinamo's Director of Sport), no matter where he plays. This is a result of being so poor and wanting to play for a big club in Croatia at a young age. So after 20% of his paycheck is taken away, whatever he made here pales in comparison to what he'd make at the chavs or Real or wherever. After taxes, he probably made a fucking pittance compared to what his performances on the pitch were worth for us.

I'd rather see Winks play and nutmeg him. ;-)

Most players have left us for 'money', but not all imv

Berbatov and Teddy, I think genuinely wanted to compete for (realistic) trophies, highest level, etc. But, I agree with you Modric, the incentive there was clear.
Berbatov should never, ever be compared to Teddy. Ted would've stayed had Sugar offered him a decent contract. He told Sugar he'd stay if he got a long contract (4 or 5 years I think) with a testimonial. Sugar basically told him to fuck off, and then SAF came in for him. Sugar's loss IMO.

Berbatoss, on the other hand, behaved the same as Modric - worse in fact. Whilst I do believe in he power of forgiveness (save for a certain Mr. Campbell), his behaviour at the time was as disgusting as the little rat's. Refusing to play is never acceptable. Teddy never did anything of the kind.

Im so over modric now. Do I miss watching him play football? Of course. The guy was a genius and, along with a couple of other players, made the price of admission seem worthwhile.
I don't despise him though.

Unfortunately we now I've in a world where certain clubs can pay in excess of 30 million for a team's star player and then leave him on the bench most weeks. If anythin,g that annoys me more, in particular with berbartov. All that effort to derail our progression and then he doesn't even last more than a couple of seasons and ends up at fulham for Christ sake.

Imagine if we'd had berbatov up front for the last few years. Playing with modric, vdv, bale and Lennon as they are now. We probably would have at least challenged for the title. Maybe the club's management should have been more convincing in this case?

I have Alsatian from across the road where I lived when I was about 9 years old.

Seemed like the biggest dog in the world to me at the time (apart from Digby of course - there's one for the target audience)
See, I knew I was going to say that.

That's some player who uses Real Madrid as a stepping stone to Manchester!!

Jeeez, we'd never have kept him, would we?

and for that reason, let's just stop a moment, and contemplate this little line up... The 'What if there was no such thing as greedy agents, marriage guidance or knee injuries' XI

--------------------------- LLORIS ---------------------
WALKER --- VERTONGHEN --- KING --- EKOTTO
LENNON ----- MODRIC ----- DEMBELE ----- BALE
--------------------- VAN DER VAART -------------
--------------------- BERBATOV ------------------

I realise it might be a little light in midfield (which is why I'd have Sandro & Carrick on my imaginary 'what if' bench...) but fuck me we'd have scored some goals!!!

Back
Top Bottom