Modric

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sell him.

He's been poor for months, he's just going through the motions and drifting through games. He doesn't want to be here, take 30-40m and get someone in who wants to be here and play for the shirt.

I back this, I've been screaming sell Modric on Twitter but I get responses of 'He's our creative midfielder' 'We really need him'.
Im sure even if we sold him for 20m we could buy a player who pours his heart into the game.

Ideally abroad, yes. The only way i'd want to sell to a prem team would be for a player in exchange e.g. A.Johnson Definitely not Adam Johnson... :cautious:

I disliked him ever since he showed no heart whatsoever to us fans at the match against Bilbao on August 7th... I just feel I have the measure of him and he gives 1 fuck for Tottenham... but to be honest, I feel the same about all fo them.... if you aint you Tottenham, never will be... keep beggin your despicable clubs what aint worrth my sweat.... fuck off.

Everyone worshipping Modric's genius... what tangible has it won us? We can do better.

Reptile_16 said:
Ramsingh said:
2M on Ledley's Knees

Nah. Ledley's done now. The King is dead, long live Caulker.
^ unfortunately... I'd like to buy a timemachine though, and pull king off the field for that tackle, and a machine to instill the experience he has now into his then 20ish brain!

Right now I'd have a clearout - Gallas aint getting any younger as is on big wages, Modric - heart isn't in it - take the money now and buy two £15M players, King - sorry, legend, but can't go on, need a regular CB pairing, Adebayor - gives all, but goes missing to often when needed, I'd have taken Jelavic who I reckon would have banged them in with our midfield. Ade aint worth the £££s

Alright, now I am going to sound mad but I think we should sign Aleksandrs Cekulajevs, why? Because despite being in lower rand leagues, the geezer has scored 50 goals this season, 50, now if we are looking at Jordan Rhodes, we should look at this 27 year old.

S.L.R said:
I disliked him ever since he showed no heart whatsoever to us fans at the match against Bilbao on August 7th... I just feel I have the measure of him and he gives 1 fuck for Tottenham... but to be honest, I feel the same about all fo them.... if you aint you Tottenham, never will be... keep beggin your despicable clubs what aint worrth my sweat.... fuck off.

Everyone worshipping Modric's genius... what tangible has it won us? We can do better.

Look I though Modric showed heart today though, in a wall in 'the match' he was the only one who jumped to try and head it, King and Gallas didn't jump,

Freudlyuchenko said:
Alright, now I am going to sound mad but I think we should sign Aleksandrs Cekulajevs, why? Because despite being in lower rand leagues, the geezer has scored 50 goals this season, 50, now if we are looking at Jordan Rhodes, we should look at this 27 year old.
Raisak had scored something like 20 goals in the Championship when we signed him....and we all know how that turned out.

Wait for people to say "It's knee-jerk" but it aint. This isn't a reply about Modric based on one game.

This isn't one result or one score line. He's an amazing player.

Anyone who is not hurting from today, I mean painfully hurting, honestly, fuck off. I want a manager who loves this club. I want players who don't have to feel to say "although the manager thinks I have no idea who we are playing, and what country they're from..."

Fuck off with your excuses. I want a figurehead who bleeds for the symbol that forms a central part of my life. The cowardly bullshit is killing me.

Arry, are you one of us or not. One blood. Prove it one way or the other.

Smoked Salmon said:
Freudlyuchenko said:
Raisak had scored something like 20 goals in the Championship when we signed him....and we all know how that turned out.

Still 50 goals, at the top level in his respective domestic league

Freudlyuchenko said:
S.L.R said:

Look I though Modric showed heart today though, in a wall in 'the match' he was the only one who jumped to try and head it, King and Gallas didn't jump,

I don't think King or Gallas can jump anymore to be fair. :vdv:

Krasic said in an interview he regrets not joining spurs in the january transfer window because of the lack of playing time he gets at Juventus: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...helsea-Tottenham-face-fight-Milos-Krasic.html

"‘I decided to decline those options in the belief that I would be given chances at Juventus. That has proven to be a mistake and it would have been better if I had accepted one of those offers."

And apparently we're closer to buying him for 10m :http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...sic-deal-as-plans-to-leave-juventus-confirmed

What do you guys think

Pyro_era said:
Krasic said in an interview he regrets not joining spurs in the january transfer window because of the lack of playing time he gets at Juventus: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...helsea-Tottenham-face-fight-Milos-Krasic.html

"‘I decided to decline those options in the belief that I would be given chances at Juventus. That has proven to be a mistake and it would have been better if I had accepted one of those offers."

And apparently we're closer to buying him for 10m :http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...sic-deal-as-plans-to-leave-juventus-confirmed

What do you guys think

Rather sign Hoilett, would probably only cost a couple of million compensation. Plus apparently Krasic is a serial diver.

this close season will see a lot of changes whether we get into the champions league or not

the following will go or retire

modric
friedal
gallas
king
nelson
adebayor
saha
gomes
dos santos
pienaar

that's a lot of players. The new manager will really have a chance to bring his own players in and shake up the squad.

modric has been gash for months, he clearly can't be arsed.

Back
Top Bottom