Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sod off!!!!!

Now see what you made me do!!!!
clapping applause GIF

Would like to see Bergwijn get a start, think he's been good in most of his appearances this season. Deserves a chance to stake a stronger claim.

Kane wanted to leave to win a trophy. He did not say he wanted to end up in the top 4 again. Levy might want Top 4 for the money but the players and supporters want to win something. We have not won the league since 1961 and not likely to do so in the near future. Ending up in the CL positions is not as exciting as winning a cup final. We have done top 4 but as we are frequently reminded we have not won a trophy since 2008. I will be really pissed off if players are rested or do not turn up tomorrow.

Well over the years I have got used to paying money for both the domestic and the 2nd rate European cup competitions to watch if not a second string then definitely not the strongest 11 available. Not saying I like it. But I understand why.
This season with no European football is probably the best chance we have to field a strong 11 in each match. Hopefully we do.

Even under Mourinho the self proclaimed “winner” we would rotate for the cups.

But it’s the remit of the board - there is no real question if managers are tasked to finish mid table with a cup or top 4 with no cup.

The sad irony of the situation is that IMO our lack of big game experience was a factor in losing the CL final.
If we had of got to a Europa League final then as a club I think we would have been better prepared for that whole occasion.
But too often the EL too was sacrificed for the “glory” of a CL place and the £s it comes with.

you need some rotation to keep a happy squad, players need game time as they could be needed in EPL games
trouble we have had over last few years is the second 11 players think all the cup games ( EL, ECL, LC FAC) are beneath them and don't try so we have to bring on the big guns to win the game

Feels weird to be looking forward to a game with everything going on in the world but here we are. Put out a strong team and get the job done.

Just great.
Was going to this, have coach booked.
No way am I getting to Lea Valley by 11.40.
Stuck on a bus to Liverpool Street need to get there by 11.00 and it's normally an hour.
Looks like TV for me.

Just great.
Was going to this, have coach booked.
No way am I getting to Lea Valley by 11.40.
Stuck on a bus to Liverpool Street need to get there by 11.00 and it's normally an hour.
Looks like TV for me.

That’s a pisser.

Sure there is a bright side somewhere in that……

Or maybe you are about to miss a Harry Winks masterclass and a goal from Hugo a la Robbo. .

Back
Top Bottom