Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Play the strongest possible team. We aren't good enough to take a single liberty at their gaff.

Happy End Rant GIF

Great opportunity to play Rodon in a class defence with Romero and Dier, instead of playing with a second string. Would also keep Sess and Doc in to try and build momentum and confidence. Get Bergwijn in there to keep him happy with minutes and give Son or Kulu a rest.

Just great.
Was going to this, have coach booked.
No way am I getting to Lea Valley by 11.40.
Stuck on a bus to Liverpool Street need to get there by 11.00 and it's normally an hour.
Looks like TV for me.
Ah, that's a shame, had saved you one of my homemade blueberry muffins, will just have to eat it myself.

This fan base or at least this forum never learns. Seem to think we can put out a random 11 and walk it.

Have any of you watched us play the likes of Mura and Pacos this season?

Why on earth would you rest players, especially as there isn’t another game for a week?

Boro are no mugs and won at old Trafford in the last round.

Think this will be a tricky fixture

This fan base or at least this forum never learns. Seem to think we can put out a random 11 and walk it.

Why on earth would you rest players, especially as there isn’t another game for a week?

Exactly, needs to be a strong lineup.

Yep - I think we need to show them the respect they deserve and go strong.

Great opportunity to play Rodon in a class defence with Romero and Dier, instead of playing with a second string. Would also keep Sess and Doc in to try and build momentum and confidence. Get Bergwijn in there to keep him happy with minutes and give Son or Kulu a rest.
Son has looked like he needs a rest for ages.
Kulu wasn't a regular at Juve, was he? Probably wants/needs minutes.

Never seen a keeper subbed on mid penalty shootout. It would certainly be bold move.
Nor have I. It must have been done though, mustn't it? Old Hugo's bones aren't as young as they used to be, so it could happen.

:llorisunsure:

Hope we go with our best possible 11. Get the game won and then we can think about subbing the likes of Kane and Son with 65-70 gone if we're a couple ahead.

Sonny didn't look like he needed a rest in the 85th minute last Saturday, did he?

Sonny looks a lot more lively since coming back from his injury. I'd start him and sub off if/when the game is won.

Think he's still running his heart out and I wouldn't expect any less from him, the guys the most committed player on the pitch most weeks.
I do think he's looked less sharp though. He's been in good positions and then wasted it with rubbish shots a few too many times in recent weeks. Damaging ones against Wolves and Burnley jump out at me.

Would be nice to give Son and/or Kane a break in this game as they both have already played too much this season and both have shown in the past that they are susceptible to injuries especially when overplayed but of course we have no replacement for either guy so they likely both have to play or come on to try and save us if they don't start.

Should be an easy but I expect as usual we make it much tougher than it should be.

2-1 win with a late goal from Kane to save us.

Back
Top Bottom