Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like any ordinary person, Poch needs a job. After his exploits with us and PSG, he is now a high profile manager/coach.

He has openly tried to get back employment with us but it seems that we have not offered him the job. If Chelsea are his only other big job alternative, I don’t see why he should not accept their offer. Poch wasn’t from our academy nor was he a player with us. He was our manager for 5 years, and during that time he had given us fans so much joy watching the exciting attacking football that his team / players provided us, which we have not seen since his sacking. Poch owes us nothing.

Yes, I agree that the performances eroded towards the end of his era with us. Not all of it was his fault as he had asked for a rebuild but yet we ended up with no signings for 2/3 TWs when we should have replaced some ageing players or players that weren’t good enough for our lofty ambitions. His stubbornness in not wanting a DOF, was part of his downfall, as well as his persistence in using his ‘favourites’ even when they weren’t fully fit or in the best of form.

As far as I’m concerned, Woolwich are our biggest rivals, not Chelsea (I accept/know that some of us may have a different opinion).

There is no guarantee that Poch will be a success at Chelsea or win silverware especially if their current owners keep interfering with football matters at the club. Adding to that, as there are now more rich clubs in the PL, there’s no guarantee that Chelsea will win anything despite spending tons of £££.

As a person, I wish him well but I hope he isn’t successful at Chelsea. He is not Mr. Tottenham. That accolade, in my opinion, belongs to Bill Nicholson - the great man, who was the gaffer at this club when I started supporting Spurs.

Now all I have left about him, are the fond memories of the wonderful football that he brought to the club, not so long ago.

For now, as a Tottenham fan, I’d rather be more concerned about where our club is heading and who will be our new manager & DOF.

COYS

Last edited:
They're welcome to him.

Can't keep living in the past with this "Daddy Poch" bollocks, I support Spurs not Pochettino.
Yes Yes Yes - Let’s all celebrate our present!! The upcoming 8th place finish, our unbalanced/unmotivated squad and Mason’s second interim stint in two years.

All hail Levy and Cullen and their clear vision for a brighter Spurs future. If you don’t give this board you’re unquestioning support, you’re not a true Spurs supporter.

It's a strange feeling, I love Poch and I don't blame him for taking the blue scum job. But I can't hope he does well in the job either.

I can only imagine all the people who hate Poch for this also view Glenn Hoddle as some kind of total cunt too.

Life moves on and change happens. Roll with it. It’s a positive thing. Buy yourself this today if you struggle with the concept.

9780091883768.jpg

I think it's fucking hilarious that they've now fallen to the level of taking on an ex-Spurs manager...their cunting fans must be spitting blood...

It's going to be surreal rooting against him, but if he has trouble winning the farmer's league with a team containing Neymar, Mbappe and Messi what is he going to do with that shower? I'll be very surprised if he's still there in 18 months.

Last edited:
I can't believe how people have turned on Poch.

We find ourselves staring at best at a ECL spot, we have had the Mou / Nuno / Conte experiences that all ended in tears, yet Poch is now a villain.

Does anyone here really believe that based on all the reporting he was even approached by Levy ?

What was Poch supposed to do ? Wait for the next Rodgers, Potter, etc fiasco to implode and then call Danny ?

Yeah, I hope he fails at Chelsea only because I love the Club more than I do him. This clusterfuck is on the board and no one else.

I’ve a bad feeling he’s going to make THFC look very embarrassed for not bringing him in. There’s no way back for him here now after going there. Probably a good thing that chapter will now be over and we can get on with finding our next Poch.

I’ve a bad feeling he’s going to make THFC look very embarrassed for not bringing him in. There’s no way back for him here now after going there. Probably a good thing that chapter will now be over and we can get on with finding our next Poch.
...by being backed in the market and already having a talented young squad to work with.

He'll make Levy look bad if he's half the manager people think he is with that Chelsea squad.

Thank fuck, maybe now people will stop delusionally pining for him.
It's a very sad day. To think we could have reappointed the man who got us to the Champion's League Final, who gave his heart & soul to this club and who will now coach one of our despised rivals.

I wish Poch luck - as long as he finishes below us.

giphy.gif

After having slept on this I can now see it’s obvious why he has gone there , we only hire ex chav managers these days so he thought his best chance of returning to us as manager was to hold his nose and do a stint there!
Think About It GIF by Identity

Hope he fails, not because it is him, but because it means they fail.

If he is successful, it doesn't mean he would have been back here. We are in a worse state than when he came 1st time round. He has an embarrassment of riches there, with an owner that will chuck money at it. Here, what would he have got from Levy ?

Shame though really, because whatever happens, some of that respect has now gone.

It’s hard to describe how bad it makes me feel to imagine Poch leading Chelsea onto the pitch. I’m just so sad about this right now.

If Kane leaves next year on a free to rejoin his old gaffer, I seriously don’t think I could handle it.
You’d have to.

We’ve all had our share of being crestfallen in supporting this club. Mine was a certain traitorous defender… the older generations had to see Greaves and Jennings move on without adequate replacement. As the saying goes, “There used to be a football club over there!”

Levy needs to pull his finger out, pronto. This season has been a spectacular own-goal and one that was not unforeseeable.

It's gonna take a while to get over this. I feel sick just thinking about the first time we have to play them next season and him being on the touchline. It wouldn't be so fucking bad if we weren't in this shitty state right now. And I have a feeling he'll end up doing really well there, they have a lot of good young players that he'll be able to coach and improve.
It's fine

We'll have Mason on the touchline

And he knows the club so it will be great 👍

I mean, he was more likely sacked because his final 24 league games for us yielded a whopping 24 points. Averaging 1 point per game. With half of that coming after spending near enough £100,000,000+ in the summer on players who practically have no future at the club three years down the line. On top of an embarrassing 7-2 home loss in the Champions League and being knocked out by League Two team in the League Cup.

There was zero wrong with sacking Pochettino at the time. He'd run his course and most of the people were calling for his head by the time it came. People really forget how fucking miserable it was watching us play under Pochettino during the end of his tenure because they let what had come 2 years prior cloud their judegment.
Yea all of those points are true. But he did not get a lot of time with his 100 million of signings. At the time I was 50/50 on him being sacked. It probably was the right call then, but nearly 4 years on we are a mess and need a manger of his calibre. Not to even interview him is disrespectful to him. He wanted to come back and fix it but it would mean Danny boy and co would have to admit that they were wrong. I think it’s probably the amount of money we have wasted since is what sticks in levy’s throat.
No

There was zero wrong with sacking Pochettino at the time. He'd run his course and most of the people were calling for his head by the time it came. People really forget how fucking miserable it was watching us play under Pochettino during the end of his tenure because they let what had come 2 years prior cloud their judegment.
It was falling apart due to years of under investment and the resulting stale squad. Sacking Pochettino instead of giving him the time and resources to turn things round was just one of the dozens of disastrous Levy decisions in recent times.

Ignoring him now and letting him end up at Chelsea is unforgivable.

It was falling apart due to years of under investment and the resulting stale squad. Sacking Pochettino instead of giving him the time and resources to turn things round was just one of the dozens of disastrous Levy decisions in recent times.

Ignoring him now and letting him end up at Chelsea is unforgivable.

The majority of the fanbase wanted him gone. The players literally stopped playing for him. There's no coming back from that, regardless of whether we gave him time. It was the right time for him to go.

The big mistake was replacing him with Jose Mourinho.

I get why he's gone to Chelsea. What more can you do if the higher ups at the club you want to go back to don't want you back despite making it abundantly clear you want to return? For me it also strikes me as showing incredible levels of lack of appreciation and respect for what he did for this club and where he got us. We were a force to be reckoned with and we've not been even close to half way towards that level on a consistent basis since. Bah Ram you Levy et al!!!!

Back
Top Bottom