Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino has spat in the face of levy and millions of Tottenham fans around the world. Scummy move.

Welcome to the same arena as Sol. You prick.

Levy spat in his face first - treated our most successful manager in decades like a cunt, then despite it being very clear he wanted to come back we haven't entertained the idea.

Certainly hope he fails there but loyalty goes both ways, and the club showed him none.

I'm sad that he has decided to go there, but as we didn't offer him the job, suppose they made him an offer he couldn't refuse. But he has gone down in my estimation by taking it on, and it's going to cut deeply if he is given the time and is successful with them. :(
I just can't comprehend how we were not at least in conversation with him. Now Nagelsmann is gone and we're left looking like absolute mugs again.

I just can't comprehend how we were not at least in conversation with him. Now Nagelsmann is gone and we're left looking like absolute mugs again.

Well we don't know, do we?

For all we know, Pochettino may have felt coming back to Spurs is career suicide if he doesn't get things right and going to Chelsea was much more of a sure thing for him, when you consider they're willing to spend hundred of millions on anything that can kick a football.

I hope his lackluster PSG run mixed in with a disastrous Chelsea spell ends his managerial career.

Levy fucked him and should have at least sounded him out and his (levy’s) ego probably got in the way .
That’s said he has gone down in my opinion by going to Chelsea . They are a vile club. Their fans are scum.

Well we don't know, do we?

For all we know, Pochettino may have felt coming back to Spurs is career suicide if he doesn't get things right and going to Chelsea was much more of a sure thing for him, when you consider they're willing to spend hundred of millions on anything that can kick a football.

I hope his lackluster PSG run mixed in with a disastrous Chelsea spell ends his managerial career.

Erm, hope all you want .. even if he fails at Chelsea he'd easily score a job at a Villa level club easily, if not higher because Chelsea right now is viewed as a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Erm, hope all you want .. even if he fails at Chelsea he'd easily score a job at a Villa level club easily, if not higher because Chelsea right now is viewed as a bit of a poisoned chalice.
I think the expectations of an immediate turnaround will be much higher at Chelsea than if he came back to us. He’s also got an equally clueless owner with an itchy trigger finger and will have zero good will from the supporters.
His stint at PSG is looked upon as a failure and, if things go pear-shaped, this might be his last chance at a top tier appointment.

If you are Spurs. You don’t go near Chelsea. End of ( I accept not everyone will agree with that PoV ). Poch was at the Battle of the Bridge. He shouldn’t be so forgetful
His idea of being Spurs is going to be very different from a life long fans idea of being Spurs.. His main takeaway of his time spent here is going to be one of building a team on the verge of greatness and not getting sufficiently backed to push forward , and then getting held responsible for the boards mistakes and lack of investment and then getting sacked...

It's looking like this is actually happening. I'm melting faster than the ice caps here, but if he does go to Chelski I'm genuinely considering packing it in with supporting this club. The club is a constant circus act.

Makes me sick to the stomach to think he'll be very likely back in the Prem and not managing us, especially considering how effing much he publicly stated he wanted to come back to the club.

I don’t blame him for taking the Chelsea job but hope that it absolutely crashes and burns for him there. Won’t change the positive way I feel about his time at Spurs and regret at what could have been had there been more timely investment and better scouting.

I can't believe how people have turned on Poch.

We find ourselves staring at best at a ECL spot, we have had the Mou / Nuno / Conte experiences that all ended in tears, yet Poch is now a villain.

Does anyone here really believe that based on all the reporting he was even approached by Levy ?

What was Poch supposed to do ? Wait for the next Rodgers, Potter, etc fiasco to implode and then call Danny ?

Yeah, I hope he fails at Chelsea only because I love the Club more than I do him. This clusterfuck is on the board and no one else.

Imagine having a hugely successful manager who made the club a fortune on a pitiful transfer budget, turned us into a genuine big european club beating the likes of Real madrid etc, get us into a CL final and having us play some of the best football in the world only to sack him 3 months into a season because you wanted a more marketable manager to show off your shiny new stadium for an amazon documentary.

because you wanted a more marketable manager to show off your shiny new stadium for an amazon documentary

Did they drop acid in the water in N17 this week? Between this forum and Spurs Twitter I have read some major delusional stuff and, relating to Poch, a fair bit of historical revisionism. According to The Ministry of Truth, none of the fanbase wanted him gone and his sacking had nothing to do with abject form and results.

Last edited:
Imagine having a hugely successful manager who made the club a fortune on a pitiful transfer budget, turned us into a genuine big european club beating the likes of Real madrid etc, get us into a CL final and having us play some of the best football in the world only to sack him 3 months into a season because you wanted a more marketable manager to show off your shiny new stadium for an amazon documentary.

I mean, he was more likely sacked because his final 24 league games for us yielded a whopping 24 points. Averaging 1 point per game. With half of that coming after spending near enough £100,000,000+ in the summer on players who practically have no future at the club three years down the line. On top of an embarrassing 7-2 home loss in the Champions League and being knocked out by League Two team in the League Cup.

There was zero wrong with sacking Pochettino at the time. He'd run his course and most of the people were calling for his head by the time it came. People really forget how fucking miserable it was watching us play under Pochettino during the end of his tenure because they let what had come 2 years prior cloud their judegment.

It’s hard to describe how bad it makes me feel to imagine Poch leading Chelsea onto the pitch. I’m just so sad about this right now.

If Kane leaves next year on a free to rejoin his old gaffer, I seriously don’t think I could handle it.

Does anyone here really believe that based on all the reporting he was even approached by Levy ?
No, he wasn’t approached . By all accounts, the board didn’t want him.

What was Poch supposed to do ? Wait for the next Rodgers, Potter, etc fiasco to implode and then call Danny ?

He was supposed to go somewhere else. Chelsea even. The board didn’t want him.

This clusterfuck is on the board and no one else.
I’m sure they understand that given that they didn’t want him.

Something of a theme there.

I mean, he was more likely sacked because his final 24 league games for us yielded a whopping 24 points. Averaging 1 point per game. With half of that coming after spending near enough £100,000,000+ in the summer on players who practically have no future at the club three years down the line. On top of an embarrassing 7-2 home loss in the Champions League and being knocked out by League Two team in the League Cup.

There was zero wrong with sacking Pochettino at the time. He'd run his course and most of the people were calling for his head by the time it came. People really forget how fucking miserable it was watching us play under Pochettino during the end of his tenure because they let what had come 2 years prior cloud their judegment.
Whilst alot of this is true you are ignoring what happened in 2018 before everything went south, Poch calling for doing things differently, prioritizing trophies, then the famous self imposed transfer ban, Poch talking of the worst feeling in fall 2018. Even all that he still got us to the CL final, could have won it had he been backed 2018. I feel he realized under the ENIC constraints he was doomed to failure and lost his motivation then what you talk about followed, shit show lays at the same people that have been failing us long before Poch and continue to do so long after…

could have won it had he been backed 2018. I feel he realized under the ENIC constraints he was doomed to failure and lost his motivation then what you talk about followed, shit show lays at the same people that have been failing us long before Poch
There’s a lot of truth in your post. He wasn’t backed for several windows. I loved Poch and didn’t want him fired — BUT, if most of the reports are to be believed, then he’s as responsible for the 2019 shitshow as anyone else and I wouldn’t trust him to run a transfer window any more than Levy and Hitchen.

He owes us fuckall ..simple...its not a betrayel,..i loved poch and we played some of the best football ive seen at spurs in almost 60 years of supporting spurs..
Does is grate me that hes gone to possibly the worst option possible...yes, but no doubt hes done his homework and lets be honest hes got a squad he could mould quite quickly into something ?.
Will i wish him luck...like fuck i will,in fact i hope it goes tits up and hes sacked very quickly .. i hate that chav fucking club with all of my being and still go to this game every year looking for some physical alternate entertainment off pitch before and after?

Dont put your hate on a small club in fulham for this although its always worth it, but look to our own directors box for a bald dwarf like figure in our world leading 'event' stadium to protest your anger for the lack of commitment in pochs project and what we should have become.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom