Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is pochettino still off to manure???
jose-397500.jpg

Just always look at the odds

Jose 1/3
Poch 10/1
Well he's now into 4/1 with skyBet and betvivtor and 5/1 with corals. According to the bookies there are no other candidates apart from Mourinho. And I can't see them appointing Mourinho. Slightly worrying

Tottenham ended last season having had 171 shots on target, allowing the same amount on their own goal. They were on the level, every strength counteracted by a weakness. This season, that same scoreline now reads 167-75. Pochettino has achieved three years’ work in 12 months.

The progression we`ve made on that stat is just amazing.
I imagine that would put us first in shots for/shots agianst ratio.
Anyone know if that`s correct?

Well he's now into 4/1 with skyBet and betvivtor and 5/1 with corals. According to the bookies there are no other candidates apart from Mourinho. And I can't see them appointing Mourinho. Slightly worrying

If Man U want to be the big star, huge franchise, bright lights club and get world domination, I think Mourinho the way to go and they have not announced yet as Jose probably didnt want to upset Van Gaal and get media on his back for 4 months without being able to say or do anything.

He has 20+ trophies, can handle big Egos, remember Poch had trouble with Osvaldo, imagine having 3 or 4 of those types in a squad which is often the case with a Man U that has to be box office. He is also a name that will resonate worldwide and will be hungry for revenge - a no brainer really compared to what they have.

Poch is obviously masterful but a little under cooked for united I think

Have a great day at the game tomorrow mate! Look out for my sister she will probably be the only bird in the away end on Valentines day!!

Just watched his interview for Sunday's game. Christ I love him.

He's boring, he's simple, he gives no information that doesn't have to be given. He's perfect for us.

And also perfect for Levy.
He has a habit of getting rid of managers that don't cut it with the press.

Pochettino is going nowhere. Bookies alter odds largely on betting patterns.

The media released a load of shite last week claiming that United have been in touch with Pochettino's representatives (despite the fact that various sources claim that Poch represents himself) and it snowballed. A load of people then started putting money on Poch being the new United manager forcing the bookies to shorten the odds.

I watched the clip that Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb posted on the City match thread that showed a side to Spurs that we don't get to see. Pochettino clearly loves his players and his players clearly love him. Things haven't been this good at our club for fucking ages and we're a shoe in for Champions League football next season. Why the fuck would Pochettino want to leave to go to United? A team with fickle fans, arrogant players, nobhead owners and where the weight of the world rests on the manger's shoulders?

Pochettino has shown everyone that you don't have to spend hundreds of millions of pounds every window to finish high up the table. He has made Tottenham the fittest team in the league. He's turned our defence from one of the shittest, to the best in a season and above all, we're playing high tempo, attractive football. He is doing a cracking job at Tottenham and deserves serious praise for what he's doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom