Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said those exact words like 2 weeks ago. Funny how we all think the same about him..

"We all...."? 90% of "us" think you are a manc twat...

There is nothing for me to say "I told you so" about. The jury is out for me.

What should I say? I told you so that I dont know if Poch is the right man yet?

Ive not claimed he will never learn or turn it around, I have said I have a lot of concerns about his ability to develop as a manager.
I have said Im interested to see what he can do with "his" signings, and he needs time.

I am backing the manager. That doesnt mean I have to be a happy clapper delusional prick about it and pretend everything is brilliant other than we need 15 new players.

You think thats sitting on the fence, thats your problem.
If you have decided that he is definitely going to be a successful manager here from what you have seen then great.

If we start playing well next season, Im sure the likes of you and Bolton will not mention any of the comments I have made to me.....LOL

Last edited:
What is incorrect or irrelevant? You were hypothesising, as was I. But somehow my hypothesis is incorrect & irrelevant? I thought you wanted to debate all things Spurs with fellow fans on a Spurs forum? Seems like you don't really want to debate at all. Just keep pushing your agenda then. If it all goes tits up & Poch gets the sack, you will tell everyone how you told them. If it clicks & all comes good, you will no doubt pull out some of your earlier posts to prove how you always backed the manager.

Well said mate, put that cunt right in his place

Well said mate, put that cunt right in his place

hqdefault.jpg

Missed the first half, but he talked about Mourinho, Bielsa, the Owen penalty and wanting to meet the Pope...it's on tomorrow again so I've Sky plussed it...

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has told London 24 that his worst moment since arriving at the club was when his side went 1-0 down to Aston Villa in November.

Pochettino made a rather inauspicious start at White Hart Lane and, with the pressure mounting, Spurs put in an awful performance against Villa.

The Lilywhites found themselves 1-0 down after succumbing to to an Andreas Weimann strike, and their display suggested that they had no chance of coming back into the match.

However, after Christian Benteke was sent off, Spurs staged a remarkable comeback and goals from Nacer Chadli and Harry Kane ended up saving Pochettino from more criticism.

“I remember very well my worst moment, on the touchline, 1-0 down against Aston Villa,” he said. “Then it was 1-1 and 2-1 when Harry Kane scored. That was my worst day, I remember my feeling.”

Since that day, things have got better for Pochettino and most Spurs fans are now buying into what he is trying to achieve.

The north London outfit are attempting to bring through a number of their own academy products and have showcased the potential that they have in their ranks.

Tottenham have put in a number of promising performances and Pochettino can pick out two as the highlights of his time at the club so far.

“Two moments - the first was January 1, when we beat Chelsea 5-3, and another was when we beat Woolwich," he revealed. "They were two very good games. “This is the example we need to [follow] next season to improve our game and be more consistent. They are the two good examples for us.”

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has told London 24 that his worst moment since arriving at the club was when his side went 1-0 down to Aston Villa in November.

Pochettino made a rather inauspicious start at White Hart Lane and, with the pressure mounting, Spurs put in an awful performance against Villa.

The Lilywhites found themselves 1-0 down after succumbing to to an Andreas Weimann strike, and their display suggested that they had no chance of coming back into the match.

However, after Christian Benteke was sent off, Spurs staged a remarkable comeback and goals from Nacer Chadli and Harry Kane ended up saving Pochettino from more criticism.

“I remember very well my worst moment, on the touchline, 1-0 down against Aston Villa,” he said. “Then it was 1-1 and 2-1 when Harry Kane scored. That was my worst day, I remember my feeling.”

Since that day, things have got better for Pochettino and most Spurs fans are now buying into what he is trying to achieve.

The north London outfit are attempting to bring through a number of their own academy products and have showcased the potential that they have in their ranks.

Tottenham have put in a number of promising performances and Pochettino can pick out two as the highlights of his time at the club so far.

“Two moments - the first was January 1, when we beat Chelsea 5-3, and another was when we beat Woolwich," he revealed. "They were two very good games. “This is the example we need to [follow] next season to improve our game and be more consistent. They are the two good examples for us.”

Tbf they are the only two good examples for us.

Tbf they are the only two good examples for us.
Not really. They are the two most high profile/stand out performances but there have been several very good performances other than those two but because the were against "lesser" opposition they are more easily forgotten or dismissed.

hands up whos buying the tottenham 2014/15 season review dvd? i am torn between this & downfall, groundhog dog or schindlers list?!

Poch is right he mentioned the two genuine high class performances and wants those to be the benchmark and that's the right thing to do, why talk about caning a poor QPR or Newcastle when we played even better against Arse and Chelsea when we actually had to defend and attack and the system worked

He wants that to be benchmark

So he deliberately didn't mention performances that were as good? Could you please enlighten me as to which performances these were, that our manager left out, fountain of all knowledge?
He's pinpointed the two best performances of the season as the benchmark. They were clear examples of how we should aspire to play every week.

He didn't say every other performance was shit. There were many other good performances this season. As well as shit ones.

Don't see why there are people on here who have to turn every breath/movement/comment by Poch into a negative. It's exasperating.

Edit: Actually I do know why and it's boring.

He's pinpointed the two best performances of the season as the benchmark. They were clear examples of how we should aspire to play every week.

He didn't say every other performance was shit. There were many other good performances this season. As well as shit ones.

Don't see why there are people on here who have to turn every breath/movement/comment by Poch into a negative. It's exasperating.

Edit: Actually I do know why and it's boring.
So they were the two best performances, meaning there weren't any others as good? Exactly what I fucking said.

Dear god.

Back
Top Bottom