Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's pinpointed the two best performances of the season as the benchmark. They were clear examples of how we should aspire to play every week.

He didn't say every other performance was shit. There were many other good performances this season. As well as shit ones.

Don't see why there are people on here who have to turn every breath/movement/comment by Poch into a negative. It's exasperating.

Edit: Actually I do know why and it's boring.
So he deliberately didn't mention performances that were as good? Could you please enlighten me as to which performances these were, that our manager left out, fountain of all knowledge?
Also do me a favour and point out where I said any other performances was "as good" as those two. If u can't kindly fuck of and learn to read before u try twisting what people have actually said.
:adesalute:

Also do me a favour and point out where I said any other performances was "as good" as those two. If u can't kindly fuck of and learn to read before u try twisting what people have actually said.
:adesalute:
Lol so we only had two good performances all season? Ok.
How many good performances did we have that deserved to be mentioned as a "good" example to follow? You said there's more than two. Our manager said there were two.

If you want to debate Spurs, I'm happy to do so. If you want to chuck around Dear Gods and Fuck Offs, feel free to note engage with me or even press ignore, you soppy cunt.

this is like a scientology thread. with poch being the leader & messiah. anyone who disagrees gets attacked, sin binned or goes missing. tom cruise agrees

this is like a scientology thread. with poch being the leader & messiah. anyone who disagrees gets attacked, sin binned or goes missing. tom cruise agrees
Exactly. What's wrong with a bit of debate? A difference of opinion? Really getting fucked off with people preaching at me that I should give Poch time, then I go to the Lamela thread and they are cunting him off for being shite, the two faced arseholes.

Fucking holier than thou cunts just go for the kill at the sniff of discontent. Wouldn't mind so much being told what to do, but not from a prick who wasn't even born when I started supporting Spurs.

Exactly. What's wrong with a bit of debate? A difference of opinion? Really getting fucked off with people preaching at me that I should give Poch time, then I go to the Lamela thread and they are cunting him off for being shite, the two faced arseholes.

Fucking holier than thou cunts just go for the kill at the sniff of discontent. Wouldn't mind so much being told what to do, but not from a prick who wasn't even born when I started supporting Spurs.
To be fair, quite a few folks want both Poch and Lamella to have time bud. I know I do.
You'll always get people liking one player more than another, some for rational reasons, some for being funny on twitter lol.

I won't deny I'm biased against Ade for a lot of reasons.

I think the void left by Bale, Lamellas form at Roma + price tag (possibly a bleed over from Soldado flopping too) made for huge disappointment when he wasn't an instant success.

And having a pop at Poch is all well and good - but a bit of perspective needs to be maintained. Some of it has been constant by some folks, and a bit OTT. Some deserved too.

Like he does seem to stick with the same players and not use the squad and seems to stick at the same "philosophy" each game.
I know the training shouldn't be done on game day, but perhaps thats why he seems to be inflexible and unchanging - he's investing heavily in the youth and he is gonna drill a certain way of playing into them regardless. And that's all training is.... developing muscle and brain memory, practicing the same thing over and over until its automatic.
That's what I am hoping and one of the reasons I'm cutting Poch some slack.

If Poch won the league, there'd still be some criticising him (and they have every right to I suppose)... I'd be hugging the man and asking for more next year.

But we were never gonna win the league. We weren't in a great place when he took over and this is another reason I'm cutting him some slack..
And our turnover of managers is...... well it's a bit embarassing.

Perhaps some are being overprotective of Poch because they don't want to see him hounded out?
Worried about the criticism snowballing and we're back stuck in that loop of having another new manager again... back to square one.

To be fair, quite a few folks want both Poch and Lamella to have time bud. I know I do.
You'll always get people liking one player more than another, some for rational reasons, some for being funny on twitter lol.

I won't deny I'm biased against Ade for a lot of reasons.

I think the void left by Bale, Lamellas form at Roma + price tag (possibly a bleed over from Soldado flopping too) made for huge disappointment when he wasn't an instant success.

And having a pop at Poch is all well and good - but a bit of perspective needs to be maintained. Some of it has been constant by some folks, and a bit OTT. Some deserved too.

Like he does seem to stick with the same players and not use the squad and seems to stick at the same "philosophy" each game.
I know the training shouldn't be done on game day, but perhaps thats why he seems to be inflexible and unchanging - he's investing heavily in the youth and he is gonna drill a certain way of playing into them regardless. And that's all training is.... developing muscle and brain memory, practicing the same thing over and over until its automatic.
That's what I am hoping and one of the reasons I'm cutting Poch some slack.

If Poch won the league, there'd still be some criticising him (and they have every right to I suppose)... I'd be hugging the man and asking for more next year.

But we were never gonna win the league. We weren't in a great place when he took over and this is another reason I'm cutting him some slack..
And our turnover of managers is...... well it's a bit embarassing.

Perhaps some are being overprotective of Poch because they don't want to see him hounded out?
Worried about the criticism snowballing and we're back stuck in that loop of having another new manager again... back to square one.
Only mentioned Lamela as an example. Could also have used - "our manager is King, but the wee bald fella dishing out the £millions is a cunt".

And like you, I want Poch to be given more time too and for the same reason that I don't want to do what we usually do.

Fucking shite reason to keep a manager though......

Only mentioned Lamela as an example. Could also have used - "our manager is King, but the wee bald fella dishing out the £millions is a cunt".

And like you, I want Poch to be given more time too and for the same reason that I don't want to do what we usually do.

Fucking shite reason to keep a manager though......
Hah yeah, it's not the best reason to stick with a manager.
All in I think he did ok though... not great, plenty of room for improvement and hopefully he'll get support this summer.
This season wasn't a trainwreck by any stretch. Hopefully after a couple of steps backward, we're gonna be moving forward - but with the new stadium looming, who knows how that will affect us.

I'm loathe to list anyone of importance as a reference, because some jackass will probably quote and twist what I say and ridicule the comparison which isn't what I'm doing.

But there's been far worse setbacks for people in the past and they've gone on to greatness.
Lets hope Poch achieves more next year

Thomas Edison: In his early years, teachers told Edison he was “too stupid to learn anything.” Work was no better, as he was fired from his first two jobs for not being productive enough. Even as an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb.
Of course, all those unsuccessful attempts finally resulted in the design that worked.

Back
Top Bottom